• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Christie Ivins is facing multiple felony charges for child neglect stemming from a February case where a 7-month-old child died after being found with blood, scabs and abrasions around the child’s private parts, as well as an abrasion on the right temple.
On Feb. 21, police responded to an EMS run and found the 7-month-old not breathing. The child was administered CPR and taken to Parkview Regional Medical Center, where the child was later declared deceased.

According to court documents, Ivins reported she had put the child down for a nap and later found the child covered in a blanket and unresponsive.

When asked about the blood and abrasions around the child’s private parts, Ivins said her children were sensitive to diaper rash and that she had never seen blood in the child’s diaper.
Investigators claimed to find blood in the child’s diaper at the scene, and were told by Ivins that she had never sought medical care for the child’s injuries.

Detectives claimed Ivins began to display suspicious behavior once they arrived at the scene, particularly regarding Ivins’s safe.

According to court documents, Ivins told investigators they would need a search warrant to look inside the safe and that if they got inside the safe they “might as well take [her] to jail.”

Court documents stated Ivins eventually admitted to police there was a firearm and “meth” inside the safe, and police found 0.3 grams of methamphetamine and 0.7 grams of a leafy green substance containing THC after obtaining a search warrant.

Ivins provided a drug test to the Department of Child Services, which showed she had methamphetamine, amphetamine and THC in her system.

Investigators claimed Ivins had placed both children at the scene in a situation that endangered that lives or health of the two children, according to court documents.
1661140557810.jpeg

Her baby is dead and she’s worrying about herself going to jail. Someone needs to keep pumping her up with her precious drugs until she is no longer a drain on resources she doesn’t deserve.
Listen here, since all of you want to talk shit, I'm here to say that I'm her daughter and SHE DID NOT DO IT. Everyone makes mistakes. But she didn't do that and I know she didn't. So thanks for putting your input in. Get the facts together first before you read something off the internet and believe every word you see or hear.

Oh I’ve seen pacifier pendants, just not on the neck of a baby-killing mothethis commen

Sad. She allegedly did a poor job of taking care of that child. How important did she consider her drugs in comparison to her child?
She's a good mom. I would know, I am her daughter. I am 16, she raised me to be the wonderful person I am today. I thank God that I was born with a mother like her. Trust me, he passed away but it wasn't because of her being on drugs. You don't know her story. She is a good mom and what happened was just a terrible accident.

She's a good mom. I would know, I am her daughter. I am 16, she raised me to be the wonderful person I am today. I thank God that I was born with a mother like her. Trust me, he passed away but it wasn't because of her being on drugs. You don't know her story. She is a good mom and what happened was just a terrible accident.

You are absolutely right that I do not know her experience; I just went off from what I read. Disturbing story, obviously, and another reminder for me to suspend judgement on media reports of these situations and respect jurisprudence.

Thank you for contributing your viewpoint to this thread. I understand you wanting to clear the air and defend someone who has been really important to you.

Damn... Poor little innocent baby, couldn't even imagine the pain. I'd be very curious to hear the details. Not to mention the fact the woman was on a variety of drugs which obviously impairs her capability of taking care of children.

First, your copy/paste skills need some work (I did not type “mothethis commen”).

Second, if someone claims themselves to be “a wonderful person”, the need alone to make the claim makes that claim highly suspect. Especially when proclaimed by a 16 year old.

Third, the issue with your mother isn’t related to how she raised/treated YOU. Even if she did indeed raise you to be “the wonderful person“ you are today, that’s apparently NOT the experience that your now-dead sibling had.

Her baby is dead and she’s worrying about herself going to jail. Someone needs to keep pumping her up with her precious drugs until she is no longer a drain on resources she doesn’t deserve.
Maybe someone should keep pumping you up with those precious not so true facts that you apparently heard from this dumbass article that clearly isn't true. Wanna know what really happened? Okay I'll tell you, the cops did in fact NOT have a search warnt and gave my mother a bruise on her wrists from yanking her across the investigation table. As far as I'm concerned, the cops and every crooked dcs worker and anyone else that has somethig to say about this and doesn't know everything of what happened that day can go fuck themselves. Thanks for your shitty opinion.

They weren't hers. And I'm sorry last time I checked, everyone makes mistakes and that would be that some people get on drugs and I'm pretty damn sure that your family isn't perfect so If I were you I wouldn't judge before knowing the whole story. :)
Damn... Poor little innocent baby, couldn't even imagine the pain. I'd be very curious to hear the details. Not to mention the fact the woman was on a variety of drugs which obviously impairs her capability of taking care of children.

First, your copy/paste skills need some work (I did not type “mothethis commen”).

Second, if someone claims themselves to be “a wonderful person”, the need alone to make the claim makes that claim highly suspect. Especially when proclaimed by a 16 year old.

Third, the issue with your mother isn’t related to how she raised/treated YOU. Even if she did indeed raise you to be “the wonderful person“ you are today, that’s apparently NOT the experience that your now-dead sibling had.
Okay the fact that you don't even know me or my family or what happened that day and you are just going off of what the shitty ass cops said is insane. The fortwayne police are nothing but crooked ass people that want money. I'm sure that if this situation were happening to them, they wouldn't be trying to blame an innocent woman for doing something that she didn't do.
Post automatically merged:

Sad. She allegedly did a poor job of taking care of that child. How important did she consider her drugs in comparison to her child?
Have y'all ever heard of a terrible accident??? Or are y'all just stupid and believe every word you here or see on the damn internet?

Okay the fact that you don't even know me or my family or what happened that day and you are just going off of what the shitty ass cops said is insane. The fortwayne police are nothing but crooked ass people that want money. I'm sure that if this situation were happening to them, they wouldn't be trying to blame an innocent woman for doing something that she didn't do.
1675745054[/automerge]

Have y'all ever heard of a terrible accident??? Or are y'all just stupid and believe every word you here or see on the damn internet? The fact that the stupid ass cops if fortwayne and the dcs of fortwayne put my family and I through hell for NO reason for almost a year and turns out that now it's not even about chase anymore. WHATS IT ABOUT THEN?? just torturing us or some shit? Even though my mom didn't even do anything wrong. Don't you guys see how fucked up that is? Or are you just gonna believe what every other person that made up lies about what happened in which really none of what they are saying really happened.

@harmony cowan, thanks for the information. Is there anything you can tell us about what may have happened?
Yes, she was sleeping and woke up to him unresponsive, she tried to save him and the cops lied and said that he had injury marks on him in which he didn't the last time I seen him. The cops were yelling at my mother to get out of her own house right after her baby passed away. They said that she was acting "suspicious/off" um how are you supposed to act when you woke up to see that your baby isn't breathing?? She got into the investigation room and she heard the cops saying to grab her keys to her safe out of her hand and she said no because they didn't have a search warrant and in fact they weren't there to search anything, they were there to save her baby boy. They pulled her by her wrist and left bruises on her hand and wrists. The cops then later on said that they in fact had a search warrant but they really didn't. They are crooked and they have drug this out for about a year now but come to find out that this isn't about how my brother passed away at all, they are trying to get my mother locked up for something totally unrelated to the matter and you wanna know what's sad about this whole thing? We haven't got to see our mom and actually talked to her about anything or actually grieve the loss of our family member because of Dcs. We got taken from our mom the same day chase passed away. Think about how hard that must've been for us. We had nothing but our backpacks with us. This past year has been Hell for all of us. We can't even greive with our mom.

Picture of chase.

Last edited:

Have y'all ever heard of a terrible accident??? Or are y'all just stupid and believe every word you here or see on the damn internet?

Yes, she was sleeping and woke up to him unresponsive, she tried to save him and the cops lied and said that he had injury marks on him in which he didn't the last time I seen him. The cops were yelling at my mother to get out of her own house right after her baby passed away. They said that she was acting "suspicious/off" um how are you supposed to act when you woke up to see that your baby isn't breathing?? She got into the investigation room and she heard the cops saying to grab her keys to her safe out of her hand and she said no because they didn't have a search warrant and in fact they weren't there to search anything, they were there to save her baby boy. They pulled her by her wrist and left bruises on her hand and wrists. The cops then later on said that they in fact had a search warrant but they really didn't. They are crooked and they have drug this out for about a year now but come to find out that this isn't about how my brother passed away at all, they are trying to get my mother locked up for something totally unrelated to the matter and you wanna know what's sad about this whole thing? We haven't got to see our mom and actually talked to her about anything or actually grieve the loss of our family member because of Dcs. We got taken from our mom the same day chase passed away. Think about how hard that must've been for us. We had nothing but our backpacks with us. This past year has been Hell for all of us. We can't even greive with our mom.

Picture of chase.

Well from how you speak, doesn't sound like she raised you right at all...also are you just ignoring her meth use? I would also like to know how the cops would be making money from arresting her? They don't get paid by arrest, they are on a salary. I don't buy it, and I'm more inclined to believe a young child was treated horrifically until he died.

Okay, I get to be an asshole now. I didn't wanna be. But here goes.

A good person does not drive drunk:

There's also various traffic violation no biggie I suppose, some civil stuff.

Trial date has been set.

Also, I won't post screen shots because the names of the other kids are listed, but full guardianship was just filed for them by another party last week.

Thankyou, I appreciate the kind words. And the cops are really messed up, there is a lot more things that they have done but I'd rather not share that with anyone on here for personal reasons.
@harmony cowan, I am sorry your family is struggling with this and I hope the truth will come to light.

However, there are a lot of holes in both the original story and your version. I hope the cops/news got it wrong, but I'm not convinced.

Best of luck to you. Keep your chin up. You're a strong young lady.

Last edited:
Back