• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
1687286705604.png

Gared Wayne Canales, a 34-year-old former resident of Palm Coast who had been sought on a nationwide warrant since April, was located in Massachusetts, returned to Flagler County and booked at the Flagler County jail on a child abuse charge stemming from accusations that he goaded his daughter into taking her own life as he insulted and demeaned her on her 13th birthday.

The girl cut herself and attempted suicide shortly afterward, and was hospitalized.

The alleged incident took place on April 7. Canales had texted the girl’s mother in early afternoon, when the girl was still away with her friends. The girl had had been struggling about her feelings toward her father according to a statement by her mother to law enforcement. She called him around 3 p.m. that day. Two of her friends were with her in her bedroom. According to what the girl and one of her friends told Flagler County Sheriff’s deputies, Canales called her vile names and said: “You’re not worth it. I choose my girlfriend over you anyway, and go kill yourself.”

The next night the girl cut her own wrist, what was described as “a minor cut” in an incident report, causing some bleeding. She did so again with a piece of glass the following night, and with a baseball bat, smashed a portrait of herself and Canales. The morning of April 10, she took seven pills of Benadryl, and while she was in the car with her mother, on their way to pick up her step-father from work, she took another seven pills, according to the incident report.

She told her mother she had done so. (The mother’s written statement differs in this regard: the mother had reported having a ad feeling about what was happening to her daughter and had picked her up from school, when she learned of the pills.) Her mother changed directions and took her daughter to Halifax hospital in Daytona Beach, where the girl’s stomach was pumped.

Detectives reviewed text messages on the girl’s phone with her father, a felony child abuse charge was filed on April 14, and a warrant was issued for his arrest. The State Attorney’s Office filed the charge on May 11. On May 25, the warrant was amended to reflect that it was nationwide. Canales’s address at the time was believed to be in Lake Charles, La. A notice to appear sent there was returned undelivered. He was located in Massachusetts.

He doesn't look like he regrets it at all. I can actually empathize with the rage, disappointment and fear of finding out you have a pregnant 13 year old. My mom was so livid I saw flames in her eyes when my sister got pregnant at 13. But she didn't say anything crazy like to kill herself.

This man doesnt love his daughter and most likely never did. I feel heartbroken for her. I hope she has help deciding the best interests of her baby and some help for her emotional health too.

There is no way that a child can find out their parent wants them dead and not come out traumatized.

He doesn't look like he regrets it at all. I can actually empathize with the rage, disappointment and fear of finding out you have a pregnant 13 year old. My mom was so livid I saw flames in her eyes when my sister got pregnant at 13. But she didn't say anything crazy like to kill herself.

This man doesnt love his daughter and most likely never did. I feel heartbroken for her. I hope she has help deciding the best interests of her baby and some help for her emotional health too.

There is no way that a child can find out their parent wants them dead and not come out traumatized.
I'm sure his cell mate will help him experience regret... Maybe even kill himself.

A jury found a father accused of telling his juvenile daughter to kill herself not guilty of felony child abuse.

Gared Wayne Canales, 34, faced up to five years in prison on the third-degree felony.

The jury took just 15 minutes to reach the not guilty verdict March 12, said Canales’ defense attorney Kip Miller.
Canales was accused of making the statements to his then 13-year-old daughter during an April 7, 2023, phone call.
Canales took the stand during the trial and denied telling his daughter to commit suicide, Miller said. He also denied making any other inappropriate statements to his daughter, Miller said.

Miller also called an investigator for the Department of Children and Families who testified that the investigation found that allegations of mental injury to the child were unfounded.
The girl took the stand and testified that her father did tell her to commit suicide. But Miller said she also testified that she was upset that her father had a new girlfriend and was not spending as much time with her. The girl also testified she still had an enjoyable birthday weekend.

Poor kid was probably searching for some positive male attention and didn’t know what it looked like. I’m glad she’s still here and I hope he isn’t for much longer.
I did too. Needed a man to love me; my abusive father wouldn’t. Even if it meant being used and abused, which my father groomed me for. I didn’t need anyone for shit, much less a man. Only thing I needed was the unconditional love and support from my father, and since he wouldn’t give me that, the sociopath, I sought it in men. That’s what the poor girl was looking for. A man to love her, see her, unconditionally. I hope she had an abortion. 13 is a baby to be having kids. And what bullfuckinshit he was found not guilty.

This story hits close to home. I had just turned 14, my dad said he no longer wanted me and was going to take me to school to tell them to lock me away, I threatened suicide, he said do it. So I did, right in front of him I did. I grabbed his HUGE bottle of aspirin and started taking handfuls with water right in front of him. He watched, even gave me a little bit of encouragement, when the bottle was nearly gone he took it from me. After a little while he did what he said he was going to do, he drove me to school, marched right in the principal's office to demand they do something with me while I sat in the front office and......passed right out. I took A LOT of aspirin. I wake up to cops and paramedics, I'm hauled from school to the ER and I am in and out, I could not stay awake for SHIT and when I was awake for short periods I could barely hear because ringing in my ears was SOOO LOUD, I kept yelling "WHAT?!" at everyone. He followed us to the hospital and then he left, did not stay or visit for any of it. Stomach pumped, in ICU for 2 days, good times. I told "them" what happened and he never denied it. He was NEVER charged, threatened with charges nothing-I wonder if things would of been different had that happened today (this was in 89)? Upside is I never lived with him again, my life changed drastically that day and thankfully for the MUCH better. Parents have a HUGE impact on a child's thoughts and feelings-and the bad always out weighs the good-one I hate you has a much more deeper impact than a million I love you's.

My Stepdad said all the shitty things to me when I was a kid. Hell, the man threw me UP the stairs when I was 14. I cleared seven or eight of them too. He wasn't like that all of the time, or even most of the time. Every now and then he'd have a shit day and then Mom and I would have a monumentally shit day because of his shit day. He was not a nice person to say the least. I was lucky enough to know that he was the problem, right from day one. So a little emotional scarring. And a couple of physical scars (little ones, maybe even tiny ones), just because he had a shit day... :facepalm:

My Stepdad said all the shitty things to me when I was a kid. Hell, the man threw me UP the stairs when I was 14. I cleared seven or eight of them too. He wasn't like that all of the time, or even most of the time. Every now and then he'd have a shit day and then Mom and I would have a monumentally shit day because of his shit day. He was not a nice person to say the least. I was lucky enough to know that he was the problem, right from day one. So a little emotional scarring. And a couple of physical scars (little ones, maybe even tiny ones), just because he had a shit day... :facepalm:
I get it. My dad always threatened to "put you thru a wall" a couple of times he almost did-definitely cracked and broke drywall with me. And when anything bad happened, NOTHING to do with me, even simple things like lost keys and that might make him late to work-he LOST IT. People like that don't know how to handle .pnmmmmmmmmm nmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmSHIT and take it out on "the path of least resistance". 326

Back