• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Jessiesgirl1108

Chameleon
A man has made a desperate plea to find his pregnant wife, who disappeared while they were playing Pokemon Go.

Police in Abbotsford, British Columbia are seeking the public's help to find 38-year-old Marie Stuart, who disappeared without her medication.

She was last seen at approximately 3pm on December 27, at the Seven Oaks shopping mall in Abbotsford, a small city near Vancouver.

Her husband, Leslie Scott Schellenberg, said Stuart is five months pregnant and 'in a bit of a state.'

'She's in a bit of a state and I'm worried that she might just wander aimlessly,' he told CTV News.

[...]

Abbotsford Police Constable Ian MacDonald said the couple had been playing Pokémon Go on Tuesday afternoon and has missed their regular bus home.

They took another bus that stopped near the mall, but they 'became separated' shortly after getting off, he said.

'The husband looked for her for a few minutes and he assumed he would see her at home which was walking distance from that bus stop,' he told the TV channel.

Schellenberg called police about an hour after his wife went missing, and officers immediately started searching for Stuart because she did not have her medication or a cell phone.

Constable MacDonald said images of Stuart were posted to social media, and police received many tips, but three that were investigated overnight 'didn't pan out'.

He added that Stuart is 'one of the most recognizable faces' in Abbotsford, which has a population of about 140,000.

Stuart is 5'2' tall, and has black hair, and wears glasses. When she was last seen she was wearing a yellow tuque hat and a dark-coloured jacket.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nant-wife-disappeared-playing-Pokemon-Go.html

Just what does "a bit of a state" mean?

That she was in, "a bit of a state", jumps right out at ya as odd as there is nothing that follows as to why she was in a bit of a state.

A bit more ....

stuart-720.jpg

The search for a missing pregnant woman in Abbotsford entered its third day Friday.

Marie Stuart, 38, is five months pregnant and has not been seen since Tuesday afternoon.

Abbotsford Police, along with search and rescue crews, have been looking for Stuart, but there has been no sign of her.

Stuart’s husband was the last to see her at a bus stop near the Sevenoaks Mall.

They were separated and went in opposite directions, he said.

“She’s been pretty moody…she’s kind of in a bit of a state, and I’m worried that she might just wander aimlessly,” husband Leslie Scott Schellenberg said.

“I love you and miss you and want to see you again.”

Const. Ian MacDonald with the Abbotsford Police said Stuart’s case is a top priority, given she is pregnant and the temperature is close to freezing.

“This 38-year-old woman does not have a history of taking off,” MacDonald said. “Or being missing.”

“At this point we’re very concerned and the family is very concerned.”

Stuart is 5’2″ and was last seen wearing a black jacket and yellow toque.

Anyone with information should call the Abbotsford Police at 604-859-5225 or text APD at 222973.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3152912/search-for-missing-pregnant-woman-enters-3rd-day-in-abbotsford/

“I love you and miss you and want to see you again.”
ummmm.... anyone else feeling the short hairs rise on the back of your neck?

Last edited:
I would like to know which medication she was on. I took "a bit of a state" to mean she was disoriented, or not acting like herself. If she was disoriented, why would she be Pokemon hunting? And why would he let her go off on her own?

I think she was probably fine, and he lured her somewhere secluded and killed or, she got lost in the woods somewhere.

38 years old, 5 months pregnant, without medication and missing for 3 days with temps close to freezing with only a jacket and hat.

~ @Muriel Schwenck ~ The known facts don't inspire you with much hope or confidence that this will end well, does it?

[doublepost=1483189837,1483145464][/doublepost]MacDonald said investigators corroborated Schellenberg’s story, including reviewing security video that showed him and his wife going in separate directions after leaving the bus.

http://www.abbynews.com/news/408813155.html

I have to admit that I was giving the husband the hard side eye but it appears security video bears out his story.

MacDonald said investigators corroborated Schellenberg’s story, including reviewing security video that showed him and his wife going in separate directions after leaving the bus.

From the second I read pregnant and missing, ... well, you know... Because y'all thought it too.

MacDonald said investigators corroborated Schellenberg’s story, including reviewing security video that showed him and his wife going in separate directions after leaving the bus.

When I read the sentence above, I thought "he might have circled around and met up with her."
I hope it isn't the husband. It sure would be nice if the same old story did not play out this time.

Why did they go in separate directions? Sounds like behavior of a couple who had recently had a spat of some sort.

I'd be shocked if it wasn't the husband.

She went to play PokemonGo without a cellphone? No way. He killed her.
I was thinking the very same thing. And anytime I was ever pregnant, there were 3 medications that I was allowed to take.
Tylenol, robitussin, and regular sudafed. All other meds are contra indicated in pregnancy.
So....if she's mental, what kinds of meds is she off of?

n4yy4n.jpg

Seems the husband was cleared. His story has been backed up by surveillance cameras.

A photo has been released of Stuart at the time of her disappearance, and was obtained by police from video surveillance in the area where she was last seen.

Stuart, 38, had been playing the smartphone game Pokemon Go with her husband, Leslie Scott Schellenberg, on Tuesday, Dec. 27, when they missed their regular bus to head back home.

They took a different bus, which arrived in front of Sevenoaks Shopping Centre – not far from their home – but went in separate directions when they got off the bus.

She did not have a cellphone on her.

Schellenberg was unable to find Stuart, who is five months’ pregnant, and, when she didn’t return to their residence, he called police.

Abbotsford Police Const. Ian MacDonald said investigators corroborated Schellenberg’s story, including reviewing security video that showed him and his wife going in separate directions after leaving the bus.

He said police have ruled out that Schellenberg had any involvement in his wife’s disappearance.

http://www.abbynews.com/news/410649315.html

So, he couldn't have gone back? I'm assuming she didn't stay in video range, or she wouldn't be missing.

I thought about that too, but they must have some other corroborating evidence they feel clears him. Maybe they have him on other surveillance cameras, or the rest of his alibi checks out, and/or he passed a lie detector test. Police don't often come out and say someone is completely cleared, but I do get what you're saying.

Or maybe they are saying that so he will let his guard down. o_O Hell, I dunno.:shrug:

I was thinking the very same thing. And anytime I was ever pregnant, there were 3 medications that I was allowed to take.
Tylenol, robitussin, and regular sudafed. All other meds are contra indicated in pregnancy.
Agree 100%. I wonder if her "bit of a state" was related to her having been off of schizo meds or the like since she got pregnant.

Or went home at some point, they argued and he killed her.

He called police only an hour after she went missing, so the fact that she did indeed go in a separate direction as indicated by surveillance cameras, wouldn't give him enough time for her to round-a-bout go home, him murder her and clear up all the evidence and dispose of her body. Remember, they don't have a car, so he would have had to carry her body somewhere.

He called police only an hour after she went missing, so the fact that she did indeed go in a separate direction as indicated by surveillance cameras, wouldn't give him enough time for her to round-a-bout go home, him murder her and clear up all the evidence and dispose of her body. Remember, they don't have a car, so he would have had to carry her body somewhere.
That just seems so fast to report her missing. I'm still trying to figure out if she was in "a bit of a state", and that's why he was worried, why he was fine walking away from her and not making sure she got back ok.

That just seems so fast to report her missing. I'm still trying to figure out if she was in "a bit of a state", and that's why he was worried, why he was fine walking away from her and not making sure she got back ok.

I was just coming back to post this exact thing! Why did they walk away in different directions? Did they get in an argument, like @JackBurton suggested? That would make sense, if by "a bit of a state" he meant they were in an argument and she huffed away, so he decided to just wait for her at home. I could see that happening.

An hour does seem awfully quick to call someone in as a missing person, but on the other hand, an hour doesn't seem like a long enough time for him to wait for her to return home, murder her, and carry away and dispose of her body. In a pretty good place, since she hasn't been found yet. Plus, it still would have been daylight, making it more difficult for him to walk away with a body slung over his shoulder.

I'm also wondering about the medications, and if that was the reason he called police so quickly. But if he was that worried about her mental state, why let her take off like that? Which we know for certain she did.

I see @Victoria already posted about the husband being cleared in an above post, I don't know how I missed that! Sorry to be repetitive.

Last edited:
wouldn't give him enough time for her to round-a-bout go home, him murder her and clear up all the evidence and dispose of her body.

Maybe he murdered her, hid the body, then went home and called the cops. Cleaned up and moved it later?

Maybe he murdered her, hid the body, then went home and called the cops. Cleaned up and moved it later?

Maybe his phone pings place him where he said he was? Maybe he made other calls from his phone before calling the police which place him at his house? I tend to believe police have more evidence then just the surveillance cameras in order to clear him.

@Snoods I hope you're right but I have trouble seeing British Police as real crime solvers. I am picturing the cop from Mary Poppins that brings the kids home.

This happened in British Columbia, not in the UK, but I'm curious, what with Scotland Yard and a rather large Interpol office, MI6 and others, why you would see British police as being comedic? If anything, I see them as more methodical and logical than our police forces are allowed to be. o_O

Mary Poppins.
[doublepost=1490825922,1490825808][/doublepost]
Mary Poppins.
Oh and that Madeline kid still missing, and since you pointed out it's Canada, their general lack of experience in violent crimes vs. the U.S. (Sadly)

I thought about that too, but they must have some other corroborating evidence they feel clears him. Maybe they have him on other surveillance cameras, or the rest of his alibi checks out, and/or he passed a lie detector test. Police don't often come out and say someone is completely cleared, but I do get what you're saying.

Or maybe they are saying that so he will let his guard down. o_O Hell, I dunno.:shrug:
how can you play pokemon go without a phone?

OK? Mary Poppins defines your grown up version of a British cop? I appreciate your replying, I just see them as ranking near the top, so it confounds me a bit. Madeline disappeared in Portugal, the Portuguese police messed that investigation up so badly long before any other authorities got involved.
personally I think she died probably accident at the hands of her parents, the Portuguese are yet another rustic country that gets invaded by somewhat [sometimes maybe not as bad as before] pretentious and demanding British citizens that they try and accommodate and wtf was that case even brought up???? While I am not overly enamoured with the British court system I g=feel that is no fault of their law enforcement system and they certainly wouldnt be considered worse than most of the craven indifference, corruption and keystone cop antics that have come up here in the US

Back