• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
1714442553261.png

While the medical examiner works to determine the cause of death for a baby found unresponsive in West Brighton this weekend, authorities allege the infant suffered “severe burns” on his arm over two weeks prior that were left “untreated.”

Jenice Lightfoot, 36, and Leonard Thompson, 38, were arrested on endangerment charges Saturday, the same day that police said the 1-month-old boy was found unconscious at about 6:45 a.m. inside the building where the defendants live

The defendants told police that the baby suffered arm injuries when he was burned during a cooking accident, according to the criminal complaint.

The complaint alleges that the infant suffered “two severe burn wounds about his left arm on or about April 11″ and that the defendants “failed to seek medical attention” for the baby’s injuries until April 27.
Police saw that the baby had “severe, untreated burns about his left arm” at Richmond University. Staff at the hospital told police that the baby suffered burns in the second or third degree, the complaint states.

The defendants made statements to authorities indicating that the baby was accidentally injured, police said.

“I was cooking and holding the baby in my left arm, and [another child] kicked a toy, and it hit the pan on the stove and knocked the pan over and as I was walking by the stove with the baby the grease hit the baby,” the complaint quotes Thompson as saying to police.
Thompson claimed that he tried to treat the baby at home.

“We put medicine and gauze on the baby for two weeks but we never got medical care,” Thomson continued, according to the account in the complaint. “I thought he could be treated at home.”
Lightfoot allegedly told told police fear of losing physical custody of her baby kept her from seeking medical care.

“I was worried that if I made a report or told you the truth you would take him away,” the complaint quotes Lightfoot as saying. “I remember it happened on April 11th. It was a Thursday because we had people over on that day.”

Lightfoot and Thompson have been charged with reckless endangerment and acting in a manner to injure a child.

Last edited:
Burns are so painful, difficult to treat , a long term injury with many future treatments! This wee babe won’t have any future treatments, he was allowed to live in pain and not get treatment! Ms lightfoot was afraid she would lose the child, so she let him suffer in terrible pain and die from a burn! That baby suffered, to his death!

still no autopsie report on why the baby died?? and ,to me at least, if an accident happens and someone got hurt my first re-action would be bring the person for medical treatments, never mind if i had lots of questions to answer because i would have nothing to hide.... and who in their right mind would be holding a baby while cooking?? you can't really stir a pot of soup one handed you need one hand to hold the handle the other one to stir.. i sure wouldn't take a chance on wearing a pot of anything hot while stirring it one handed and in my 80+ years i sure stirred lots of pot containts and flipped a lot of meats in a frying pan or oven....

There's also the fact if the hot liquid splashed on the baby that she was holding, she would have been burned too, but there's not one mention of her having burns, not on her left arm or the left hip and leg, she or somebody there, burned that baby on purpose, tho why, I cannot fathom since it would make the baby cry even more.

Back