• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
There are a million ways to get hurt besides heat... especially if the terrain is not just a flat field, so unless they want to rule out every possible way, I consider it normal to have it there. As I said, I doubt the ambulance would be there for Kyron... if he's been out there this long, chances are he's beyond ambulance hope. Do they seriously think it could mean he was outdoors and still alive?

"It looks like Dede's opening up," attorney Bruce McCain, a former captain of the Multnomah County, Oregon Sheriff's Dept., told "Early Show" co-anchor Monday. " ... This is not a search-and-rescue. This is a forensic search for criminal evidence, more than likely, something very specific that Dede told them about. It could even very well be one of these untraceable cell phones."
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/08/09/earlyshow/main6756217.shtml

That leads me to believe even more that the ambulance was there "just in case" for the investigation team.

LOL Dakota was fast on that one :)

Well I am pretty certain after all this time even if it were a search it probably would not involve a rescue..

Last edited:
There are a million ways to get hurt besides heat... especially if the terrain is not just a flat field, so unless they want to rule out every possible way, I consider it normal to have it there. As I said, I doubt the ambulance would be there for Kyron... if he's been out there this long, chances are he's beyond ambulance hope. Do they seriously think it could mean he was outdoors and still alive?

I think they thought an Ambulance would be used to transport his body.. They don't talk about that much. There are a lot of really nice people there but I almost feel sorry for them... They pretty much believe if you don't talk about him being dead he wont be. I don't mean to sound harsh and I understand keeping faith but on the other hand it's not good to be delusional either.. Like saying ,"we all need to keep hope alive" I understand ..ok maybe I really don't. I guess .. I don't know, I see that sometimes and almost get angry. Like keeping hope alive is going to change the outcome. I just had to get that off my chest. I actually tip toe around what I think about all this so I don't hurt any feelings. Maybe I am a little jealous, or envious even that I don't feel that hope like they do..

Sorry for the rant but I know here I can pretty much say how I feel without worrying about hurting feelings. The one thing I love about this site is all the strong people here. Not that I am saying you don't have feeling it just seems we know how to handle them a bit more. Maybe it's all the practice we get.. Ok I am going to STFU now cause I am sounding insensitive and that is not what I mean at all :)

I think they thought an Ambulance would be used to transport his body.. They don't talk about that much. There are a lot of really nice people there but I almost feel sorry for them... They pretty much believe if you don't talk about him being dead he wont be. I don't mean to sound harsh and I understand keeping faith but on the other hand it's not good to be delusional either.. Like saying ,"we all need to keep hope alive" I understand ..ok maybe I really don't. I guess .. I don't know, I see that sometimes and almost get angry. Like keeping hope alive is going to change the outcome. I just had to get that off my chest. I actually tip toe around what I think about all this so I don't hurt any feelings. Maybe I am a little jealous, or envious even that I don't feel that hope like they do..

Sorry for the rant but I know here I can pretty much say how I feel without worrying about hurting feelings. The one thing I love about this site is all the strong people here. Not that I am saying you don't have feeling it just seems we know how to handle them a bit more. Maybe it's all the practice we get.. Ok I am going to STFU now cause I am sounding insensitive and that is not what I mean at all :)

We all wear big girl panties! Feel free to vent!

:cheers:

2nd person seen in truck while Terri at Kyron's school

PORTLAND, Ore. -- KGW has learned that investigators are trying to determine the identity of a person who was seen sitting in the truck Terri Horman was driving the day Kyron Horman disappeared.

According to several sources in the Skyline community, including people who have spoken with investigators, the person was seen by at least two witnesses while Terri was in the school with Kyron.

Investigators have gone through Terri's cell phone and email records trying to establish who the person was.

“It's really significant if someone else was in there---and people are indicating it wasn't a child,â€￾ said C.W. Jensen, a former Portland Police Homicide Detective.

While Terri Horman has not been charged or even officially identified as a person of interest in the case, investigators have clearly focused attention on her, even telling Kaine Horman and others that they had probable cause to believe that she was responsible for Kyron's disappearance.

Investigators have also been focusing on the activities of Terri's friend, Dede Spicher the day that Kyron disappeared. On Sunday, KGW reported that investigators have been searching the property where Spicher was gardening on June 4. More: Home where DeDe gardened searched

Also, KGW has learned that at least three friends of Terri's, including DeDe Spicher, bought prepaid cell phones in the days following Kyron's disappearance, some using fake names. More: Friends faked names, bought pre-paid phones

According to these sources in the community, including people who have spoken with investigators, it is not known if Spicher was the one seen in the truck.

http://www.kgw.com/news/2nd-person-seen-in-Terri-Hormans-truck-100301534.html

Acquaintance: Terri Horman upset before Kyron vanished
PORTLAND, Ore. - An acquaintance of Terri Horman, who asked to remain anonymous, said Monday Terri was very upset in the weeks before Kyron vanished because she said her husband, Kaine, was making her teenage son move out of the couple’s Portland home.

According to the acquaintance, Terri Horman came to a 24-Hour Fitness a month to two months before Kyron disappeared and said Terri was furious, and kept complaining to anyone who would listen, that Kaine was allegedly making her teenage son move out.
[...]
Friends, who worked out with Terri Horman at that 24-Hour Fitness, testified before a grand jury Monday.
According to sources, the friends were not extremely close to Terri but they were close enough that Terri often confided in them with issues from her home.

Three grand jury witnesses declined to speak with reporters outside the Multnomah County Courthouse Monday. But all three, according to sources, are members of that 24-Hour Fitness.

Meanwhile, more searches near Skyline School where Kyron disappeared on June 4, were conducted over the weekend.

The three sites that were searched all have connections to another friend of Terri Horman, DeDe Spicher, according to sources.

Lawyer and former Multnomah County sheriff’s captain, Bruce McCain, said the searchers could very well be looking for one of at least three cell phones friends purchased for Terri Horman under fictitious names.

“They’re looking for physical evidence,” McCain said. “Either something physically associated with Kyron himself, any kind of tools or implements that may have been involved in his disappearance - criminally, and also possibly a discarded cell phone that they’d like to retrieve and gather all the data from that,” McCain said.

The Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office confirmed the searches over the weekend were tied to the Kyron Horman case but it would not say what searchers were looking for.

Also, sources at the courthouse will not confirm the alleged rift between Terri Horman and Kaine or whether that is a possible motive.

No one in this case, including Terri Horman, has been named a suspect or person of interest. Police have not made any arrests.

In a press release Monday afternoon, the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office said it plans to hold a news conference on Wednesday, Aug. 11 at 11 a.m. to release details in the case in an effort to get the public’s help in the case. KATU.com plans to stream it live.
http://www.katu.com/news/local/100309979.html

Deputies Plan To Release Details In Kyron Case
PORTLAND, Ore. -- The lead agency investigating the disappearance of Kyron Horman said it will release details in an effort to gather more information from the public.

Multnomah County spokeswoman Lt. Mary Lindstrand said the sheriff's office will hold a news conference at 11 a.m. Wednesday at Brookshill Historical Church in northwest Portland.
"Captain (Jason) Gates, as well as a member of the investigative team, will be present to provide information on the case to solicit the public's help and answer questions," deputies said. "No details will be released prior to the press conference on Wednesday."
[...]
Deputies said Monday the search was related to the investigation, but did not provide details about what areas were covered or what prompted the search.
[...]
At least two of Horman's friends have been called before a Portland grand jury in the past weeks, including Spicher. Spicher was subpoenaed two weeks ago but, according to her lawyer, did not testify.
[...]
Last week, Chelsea Aleshire also received a grand jury subpoena. Aleshire said she spoke with Terri Horman the day Kyron disappeared, but that the conversation took place before Terri Horman knew the 7-year-old had vanished. She said the two women have not spoken since.
[...]
He was granted custody of the couple's toddler and moved back into the family's home in mid-July. Terri Horman has since relocated to Roseburg.
http://www.kptv.com/news/24570950/detail.html

I won't be around tomorrow afternoon. Please post good summaries of the news conference. Pretty please!!!!

Thanks!

So is this press conference gonna be another "no comment" fest... grrrr..

eta this isn't really funny but it made me chuckle... it's late at night ya know. From whisper's link

It's a shame that the face of the investigation has turned from a happy 7 year old boy to a group of selfish overweight unattractive women who care only about themselves.

Geez I really never thought this thread would get so long.

Last edited:
So on June 5th she was already in defense mode. Her timelines are a bit different then the ones LE released but not by much. I will post what was said as soon as it's available. I will tell you this. She doesn't miss a detail. Kind of over tells it... that was fast LOL

E-mails: Stepmom sensed suspicion on her day after disappearance

PORTLAND, Ore. - Long before the alleged murder-for-hire plot and sexting affairs, it seems Terri Moulton Horman knew suspicions settled on her, according to e-mails written by Horman and obtained by KATU News.

“They are blaming me in the blogs. I just want to scream,” she wrote in one e-mail to a KATU News source the day after her stepson, Kyron Horman vanished from Skyline School during a science fair. Investigators say Terri Horman was the last person to see Kyron.

“The teacher thought I said I was going to take Kyron with Kitty for a doctor’s appt.,” she wrote on June 5, 2010. “I said I was going to look at other exhibits - how do you mess that up? His coat and backpack were still at school. I left the school at 9 and he was seen with a man ‘chaperone’ and 2 girls after I left. There were no men on the chaperone list. That and it was highly chaotic - had to been 300 people running around - no coordination ...”

The reference to her daughter’s doctor visit not mentioned again in a follow-up e-mail sent later that day:

"I didn't just drop him off, I spent time with him, took pictures and he was in safe hands I thought as I watched him walk down the hall.

“Kids saw him after I left. Teacher put him as absent at 10am. Someplace between 9-10 is when we think it happened.

“I have a receipt showing I was checking out at Fred Meyer 7 miles away at 9:12am. I went to another FM looking for meds for Kitty they didn't have at the first FM. Then I was trying to get Kitty to sleep in the truck for a few minutes, but no go, so off to the gym at 11:20. Out at 12:20. Home at 12:45. Kaine home at 2. Bus at 3:30. That was my day - they keep asking me. Now on my 5th interview with them ..."

Horman went on to talk about Kyron’s recent behavior.

"The past 2 weeks he's been acting really weird. Staring off into space. Can't remember anything. Walks into the room and then back out, stopping to stare and then move on. The doc thinks that he is having mini seizures and I made an appt on Thursday for next Friday to have him checked out."

That contradicts what multiple sources have told KATU News. In the days before the science fair, Terri informed Kyron’s teacher he had the appointment that day, June 4, which is why no one expected he would be in class and was marked absent.

Meanwhile on Monday, an acquaintance of Terri Horman said Terri was very upset the weeks before Kyron vanished because she said her husband, Kaine, was making her teenage son move out of the couple’s home.

More at the link including a video

http://www.katu.com/news/local/100323934.html

Last edited:
What really gets me is that she never once says anything like I cant believe Ky is missing or omg we have to find Kyron.. She is so worried about being suspected..It's shit like this that makes me suspect her..

I am beyond just suspecting her. Good thing I am not in the position to be on her jury cause the truth is... yes I already have her convicted in my mind..

I won't be around tomorrow afternoon. Please post good summaries of the news conference. Pretty please!!!!

Thanks!

I think its Wed..I had to make sure today was Monday before I answered you LOl. Since I have been off work I have no effin Idea what day it is..

I think its Wed..I had to make sure today was Monday before I answered you LOl. Since I have been off work I have no effin Idea what day it is..

Thanks, Rhoni. My mistake. I know the feeling.....I'm not working right now, either!

I have a receipt showing I was checking out at Fred Meyer 7 miles away at 9:12am. I went to another FM looking for meds for Kitty they didn't have at the first FM. Then I was trying to get Kitty to sleep in the truck for a few minutes, but no go, so off to the gym at 11:20. Out at 12:20

What did she buy at Fred Meyer if they didn't have the meds and how the hell did she leave the school, drive there, buy her stuff and check out in 12 minutes? Since when is almost 2.5 hrs a few minutes? I am more confused than I was before she tried to "explain what happened". Also, why is she doing all this explaining the DAY AFTER Kyron disappeared? Why isn't she more worried about looking for him? Instead she is too busy looking at blogs?

Another thing, the supposed male chaperone that didn't exist, I think LE would have been looking for this elusive guy the next day, asking the public for help in determining who he is? Very odd they didn't do that, instead they sent out fliers with Terri's mug, wonder why that is?

KGW has updated their story and now indicate that Deedle DeDe was unaccounted for where she was working from 9:45 until 1:00.

snipped
....investigators have also been focusing on the activities of Terri's friend, Dede Spicher the day that Kyron disappeared. On Sunday, KGW reported that investigators have been searching the property where Spicher was gardening on June 4. Reliable sources told KGW that Spicher left that area at 9:45 a.m. and was unaccounted for until 1 p.m. that day.

Spicher was gone 3+ hours on day Kyron vanished

http://www.kgw.com/news/kyron-horman/DeDe-Spicher-99077874.html

Last edited:
KGW has updated their story and now indicate that Deedle DeDe was unaccounted for where she was working from 9:45 until 1:00.

Spicher was gone 3+ hours on day Kyron vanished

http://www.kgw.com/news/kyron-horman/DeDe-Spicher-99077874.html

I dont even know what to think anymore....if she was gone all that time...what was she doing....cuz Terri was a the gym from what like 11:30-12:30ish right? Surely they can get DeDe's cell pings if she had it on.
Ugh...Im so tired of this shit. this kid needs to be found so his family can move on....they are a hot mess....with good reason....but they need some peace.

Can someone update me on this? I've read some back but don't see how this figures in or even if it's fact...anyone?
I left the school at 9 and he was seen with a man ‘chaperone’ and 2 girls after I left. There were no men on the chaperone list. That and it was highly chaotic - had to been 300 people running around - no coordination ...”

Rhoni, I understand completely. I had hope for the longest time, truly thinking wildest scenario he could be alive. Now, I believe he graces the heavens....I know that doesn't go along every one's line of faith but I like it far better than thinking dead in the ground gone. I'm glad I have that faith in cases like this keeps me sane.

Last edited:
Haha I have to tell you guys something funny. I know there shouldn't be anything funny about this but.. Remember when I was being a bitch (I know which time) and I said all of the friends "liked" 24 hour Fitness" but it appears more to me the they "like" krispy Kreme? I can't help but laugh. Last night I was in chat and someone was saying how there was a Krispy Kreme right by the gym...I thought it was funny since I was just being a smart ass... Anyhow

TT I have no clue what to think about the mess anymore. I wonder if LE knew all the time DeDe was gone from the job that long but didn't want to influence people witness accounts.. Know what I mean. If people were coming forward saying they saw her with terri at 10:00 then they would know it was probably because they really had..It just seems to me LE is playing a lot of psychological games here.Not that it's a bad thing...Just appears that way

E-Mails Shed Light On Day Of Horman Split

PORTLAND, Ore. -- E-mails written by Terri Horman and obtained by FOX 12 give insight into her reaction the day her husband moved out of the family's northwest Portland home with their daughter.
Horman -- the stepmother of missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman -- wrote an e-mail June 26 accusing her husband of illegally taking the toddler.
"OK, I love you but this is ridiculous. What you are doing is parental child abduction and is illegal. I need to know where my daughter is and if she is safe. You were really upset with me when you left. What is it that I/we need to do to reconcile this? I don't want to call 911 but I need a resolution please. If I don't hear from you in an hour I will call 911," Terri Horman wrote to Kaine Horman.
About an hour later, Terri Horman e-mailed a friend and said she called 911 but was directed to a non-emergency dispatcher.
"Guess what? Since we are married we have joint custody and he can do that. Gee, too bad I didn't know that," she wrote.
There were two 911 calls placed from the family's home that day. One was classified as a custodial interference issue and other call was related to "threats being made to another person."
Police have not released the 911 calls to the public.

http://www.kptv.com/news/24581546/detail.html

I can not help but be haunted by the fact that school's are starting all over this country yet Kyron has not made it home from last year. Not that I expect, mind you, for Ky to come popping up with a big grin on his face shouting surprise but finding his little body would be nice. Not that I expect, mind you, that his entire body will even be found but finding a few of his bones would be nice. Anything that can be identified as Kyron's....is that asking too much?

I wonder about the other children who will be returning to this school as well. How many crying faces will need tending to? How many sleepless nights will these children endure? How many tears and how much fear will those other children face as they return to the school where "the boy disappeared from?" Parents can try to protect their children but kids always seem to know. There are always kids who know stuff and love to tell it. It's part of kid-dom.What about the parents? How safe do they feel sending their kids to the school where "the boy disappeared from?" Ky's disappearance caused a HUGE ripple, a tidal wave actually. So many people affected by this.

And still, the black-hearted unit that caused all this pain, anguish and anxiety walks around free as a bird. Probably right there in that very community. Once identified this person should PAY the ultimate price, the evil bugger.

I don't think Ky has officially been declared dead but it is what I believe to be true in my heart. If I am wrong I will gladly eat a bug to atone for my wrongness.

Can someone update me on this? I've read some back but don't see how this figures in or even if it's fact...anyone?

Rhoni, I understand completely. I had hope for the longest time, truly thinking wildest scenario he could be alive. Now, I believe he graces the heavens....I know that doesn't go along every one's line of faith but I like it far better than thinking dead in the ground gone. I'm glad I have that faith in cases like this keeps me sane.

I legged it out of this thread quite awhile back, just couldn't take it anymore. I've only been reading bits and pieces so I can't update you any BUT.... I agree 100% with you on thinking he now graces and the heavens. Believing helps keep me sane as well. :hello:

Rhoni you know why we have convicted her already? Because how many of these stories do you have to read to realize these women are all the same. Terry, Casey Anthony, Melinda Duckett, etc... They all talk about missing children in the same matter-of-fact way I talk about losing my keys. Ive seen people show more emotion over losing a pet.

They are so crazy they dont even realize how abnormal their behavior is in comparison to a real mother. You dont have to be an expert to spot the differences between guilty and innocent when it comes to child murderers, all you have to do is come to Dreamin Demon on a regular basis...

Are these e-mails available for us to read? I miss the Sunshine Laws in this case!

Last night on JVM, Bruce McCain said that it was the property owner's that DeDe was gardening at that said she was absent from 9 - 1 on June 4th. Does that mean that DeDe was the other adult waiting in the truck at the school that morning? That would have been at around 8:30, which doesn't fit the timeline. Did Terri have another friend in the truck and they picked up DeDe after leaving the school? Where was DeDe while Terri was at the gym? How many people were involved in this thing?

Terri, you spiteful bitch!

"OK, I love you but this is ridiculous. What you are doing is parental child abduction and is illegal. I need to know where my daughter is and if she is safe."

About an hour later, Terri Horman e-mailed a friend and said she called 911 but was directed to a non-emergency dispatcher.
"Guess what? Since we are married we have joint custody and he can do that. Gee, too bad I didn't know that," she wrote.

omg i hate that cunt. I have a lot of stress and I'd like to misplace my rage on her face....

News conference at 11 pst? katu.com?

Back