• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Blunderbuss Firozabad

Made of Pumpkin pie
Bold Member!
1000011506.jpg

Derek Brock Cheney, 38

Tucson, Arizona

"According to the interim complaint, Derek Brock Cheney called 911 and said his mother, Bonita Cheney, stopped moving and she was pronounced dead at the scene.

Neighbors reported Derek’s unusual behavior and “banging sounds from inside the home.”

Derek told paramedics he had assisted with his mother’s death but told deputies it was an accident.

Derek told deputies he was hearing voices and knew he had “done the right thing.”

He said he removed a neck brace she had worn from a previous surgery. He said he then positioned her bed with the head and feet upward into a V shape. He said he thought she was dying and confirmed he did it to help her die.

No one else lived at the home and Derek was her sole caretaker."

$75,000 bond. Looks like the 8400 block of Kolb is open desert on one side, a senior mobile home park on the other.

This is very strange, is that like a positional asphyxia COD?
He's the one who describes it as putting her in a V-shape which I think amounts to putting her legs up and applying pressure to crush her? So yeah, asphyxia.

The autopsy might find a dislocated hip or broken leg bones, ribs, also.

The people that crush others to death, squeeze, I think there's a pathology there, a belief they've successfully distanced themselves from culpability, despite it happening in a rage?

The death penalty is alive and well here in Arizona, so that might account for his later addition of "voices" and that it was an accident.

Hard looking 38.
Mom grew up in Alaska. A lot of native Arizonans like him have a "best used before" date.
The popularity of sunscreen may shift that date upwards.

Back