• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
I didn't think the movie Pet Semetary was very scary - partly because of the terrible acting. I did cry when Gage died, though.

However... The book Pet Semetary is a serious, serious head-fuck. Little Gage's death is played over and over again, with the father having a complete breakdown over it... The graphic descriptions of what happens in funeral homes and why they couldn't have an open casket for Gage... The description of the funeral, with the ridiculous "guest book" and the fight that topples the coffin... When the dad digs him up (breaking you out of there, son) and he has to wipe all the moss/ mould off his son's face...

So, so, so disturbing. It wasn't actually any of the supernatural zombie stuff that was particularly disturbing, it was just the detailed description of losing a child... The guilt, the grief, the complete inability to move on... And a complete lack of sappy sentimental stuff, which just leaves me cold personally.

@rayemonde And therein lies the problem with all Stephen King books made into films. So much of his genius is in getting into the head space of his characters, and the beauty of his descriptions (even when describing terrible things)... A film just can't touch what he is able to get people to conjure up in their own imaginations from his words.

So much of his genius is in getting into the head space of his characters, and the beauty of his descriptions (even when describing terrible things)... A film just can't touch what he is able to get people to conjure up in their own imaginations from his words.

Well, that and the fact King can't write an ending to save his life. :p

Hell, even HE couldn't direct a movie of one of his own works - although that film, Maximum Overdrive, is one of my favorites because of just how goddamn bad it is :)

The Fly... I was a little kid when I watched it at a friend's house. I've never dared watch it again as an adult. I felt sick and couldn't sleep for days. Body horror is the worst.

The remake didn't bother me, although it was awesome. But as a kid, the original's ending sure did.

@rayemonde And therein lies the problem with all Stephen King books made into films. So much of his genius is in getting into the head space of his characters, and the beauty of his descriptions (even when describing terrible things)... A film just can't touch what he is able to get people to conjure up in their own imaginations from his words.

Word for word, EJ. I loved "It" in print, for example, esp. the philosophical, almost ethereal ending (an ending I actually liked), but when I saw the movie, it was so unbelievably hokey (that giant, bobbing Halloween spider-looking thingie was the worst) I was depressed for days. The only time I'll watch them anymore is during a Kingfest/marathon. I'm guessing they won't let him drop a few blotters when he tries to direct, lol.

Word for word, EJ. I loved "It" in print, for example, esp. the philosophical ending, almost ethereal ending (an ending I actually liked), but when I saw the movie, it was so unbelievably hokey (that giant, bobbing Halloween spider-looking thingie was the worst) I was depressed for days. The only time I'll watch them anymore is during a Kingfest/marathon. I'm guessing they won't let him drop a few blotters when he tries to direct, lol.

Cujo was the one that bothered me. They just arbitrarily changed the ending in the movie!

Tad dying in the end of the book was so fucking SAD. They'd gone through this horrific situation, tried to survive, and ultimately it didn't make a difference. As we know from this site, that's real life far more often than the happy ending.

There was just no justification to flipping it to a happy ending. Totally changed the tone. It's been years since I've either read or seen Cujo but I definitely remember being fucking pissed at the ending when I saw the movie. And of course whoever I watched it with had no clue why I was so disgruntled... lol.

Same with the spider in It, as you said. Reading that... Ugh. Terrifying. Especially the eggs he had to stomp... shudder. The movie? Ugh for an entirely different reason.

Word for word, EJ. I loved "It" in print, for example, esp. the philosophical, almost ethereal ending (an ending I actually liked), but when I saw the movie, it was so unbelievably hokey (that giant, bobbing Halloween spider-looking thingie was the worst) I was depressed for days. The only time I'll watch them anymore is during a Kingfest/marathon. I'm guessing they won't let him drop a few blotters when he tries to direct, lol.

It was a horrible adaptation. Granted, the effects they needed were beyond what was capable at the time without it coming off as silly - but I was more interested in how they were going to handle the awful, gang-rape ending.

the trendy shitty stephen king book that's only meaning is that grownups are the enemy.

His latest books don't even delve into that territory. He seemed to have abandoned all that after his accident. I loathed Under the Dome, but 11/22/63 is fucking awesome and I really enjoyed Joyland - the latter probably because I practically lived at a coastal amusement park growing up.

I'm shocked no-one said The hills have eyes.. wrong turn 1, 2 , and 3... unless it was mentioned and I didn't see...but my childhood scary movie is Ice cream Man... it is creepy as he'll!! now I LOVED house of a thousand corpses! I love Rob zombies wife BABY in that movie and was so happy when those two bitchy snobby girls get killed. I LOVED it. It had some crazy scenes in it but that one is my favorite scary movie ever. And I think Texas chainsaw is pretty bad too. As for seseme street Jake.. I watch that every morning... there is this one part in it that I do find creepy as hell!!! MR NOODLE. look it up!!!!!!! After watching that...Sweet dreams!

You all ever watch an episode of Sesame Street? Takes the cake. Some highly disturbing shit going on right there. All of societies problems stem from letting us watch that shit growing up.

The cookie monster? What the fuck is in those cookies!!!??? Obviously he represents all of the crack heads in society with addictive personalities.

Elmo? Why the fuck is he always tickling kids that aren't his? Elmo is highly represented on this site alone. Even Elmo HIMSELF is a pedophile. Surprise anyone? Nope, not me, I was just surprised he was black. Still am. Gets me every time.

Miss Piggy? She represents the greedy, take, take, take, and take some more part of society that sickens me. Oh and fat people.(I love fat people though)

Burt and Ernie? HA HA HA HA. Can't believe nobody saw that one coming. In fairness to them, they've actually helped sway a bunch of fellow closet cases to come out and live a proud life. However, the hetero ones were just swayed to live double lives!

Big Bird? Sensitive PC Fuck face. I truly hope he winds up on someones thanksgiving table before long.

Oscar the Grouch? He's why nobody gets along in this world- Oscar represents negativity and conflict. He is an evil bastard that sucks the joy out of everything that is good! Oscar was my favorite. I'm a negative fuck face AND I live in a dumpster fire... shocker!

Kermit? He's the reason women are drawn to "bad boys" that are really just glorified ghetto trash at heart. Well not entirely his fault Miss Piggy never went for him but still. It set a bad precedent. The nice guy got repeatedly fucked. Or not fucked at all depending on how you look at it. Perspective thing. Either way, Kermit represents A LOT of dudes out there. I was Kermit at one point. It sucked.

The one with a vacuum on his face? Snuffleblahblahagus. NOBODY should a get vacuum on their face? What is the point of dating if you have a fucking vacuum-On your face! I wouldn't leave the god damn house if I had a vacuum attached to my face. He represents all of the dudes at home too busy jerking off to leave the house. Okay, I reached on that one. My other points are still valid.

Well ladies, I challenge you to think twice the next time before you plop your little crayon eating snot brewing shithead down in front of Sesame Street while you sneak back to bed for some dick. MMMMKAAAYYY? Is that so hard? Sorry, this can be a personal topic for me.

PHEW. Now that I got that off of my chest...

I spit on your Grave: They just dragged that fucking scene out forever and ever! It was the rape that kept on raping. Nobody wants to see that shit drag out like that. Just no. You have major rape fantasy issues if you made it through that movie. I couldn't imagine seeing that at the theater lol. That is the only movie I have ever turned off out of sheer distaste for what I was watching. I saw reversible too. At least wait until people are invested into the movie. Lol the first half hour was rape... it was a bit much. If it wasn't so disturbing I would have had time to get off twice with a recharge in between..
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net...rnoodle.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20060321000359

There you go Jake! Enjoy! : )

You all ever watch an episode of Sesame Street? Takes the cake. Some highly disturbing shit going on right there. All of societies problems stem from letting us watch that shit growing up

I learned my letters from Sesame Street...and how to sort, you remember the song...One of these things ( is not the like others) ... one of these things just doesn't belong. I never learned my numbers there though...I learned those from The Price is Right. Word...it was the price is right in our house or Mr. Dress-up...it all depended on if my mother was having a bath or otherwise washing her hair...she had a lot hair, when we were little....Like CHER!

The original The Hills Have Eyes is not only scary and disturbing as shit (especially the scene where they stuffed the cactus in the dad's mouth), but is an undisputed horror classic. In fact, I wish the fuckers would remaster it and put it on bluray (the current edition is of questionable video quality). It's a must have.

That's amazing. Where hell did you find that t-shirt. I want one! Lol Did you enjoy the two bitches death as much as I did? I think they did that on purpose.. you know... Made them be that way so everyone's happy they died

I like the first remake of THHE

I loathe House of 1000 Corpses, but I really like THHE remake way more than the original. It was more brutal and mean-spirited. I found the original hilarious. The original sequel was flat-out retarded. I think over 50 percent of it included flashbacks from the original move - including a flashback from the goddamn dog.

I like the first remake of THHE. I normally rate a movie on if I will bother to rewatch it, usually if that is on, I will still watch it. The scene in which they drink her breast milk? Man, so fucking violating. Speaking of, Beloved? That is one fucked up movie!

Ha. I actually emailed Toni Morrison about Beloved, the only "fan"/feedback letter I've ever sent anyone. I told her her statement, "This is a book to be read once and never again," was dead on. There's no need to read it again. It's also the only book I've ever felt that way about.

In the movie, that scene with the breast milk hit me in an OMG spot I didn't even know I had knowing (seeing) them take the only food her baby had when they would've reunited. The whole book hit me that way. So many people of all ethnicities were blaming her for what she chose to do, but I didn't. I could see myself going to that length myself for my kids if that were my life.

I don't know that this would qualify as a movie but it's a documentary of an art exhibit that was in Korea...an artist went to Hell & was told to draw/paint what they saw. It's on YouTube, "A Trip to Hell". I couldn't even watch it in one sitting..I had to watch it in spurts cos it was just too creepy. Once I did see the whole thing, I was in a fog for about a month. A seriously disturbed, distracted, couldn't really focus on anything kind of fog. It's rough.

But a legit movie, definitely "Session 9". CRAZY that so many people don't know of it, either. It's REALLY MESSED UP but has an interesting plot. One you can't predict, too..which is important to me when I'm picking a movie. It's one you're glued to from start to finish too. INSANE.

Here: it starts a few minutes in but it's still worth seeing. There's an abandoned asylum that needs to be gutted & cleared out because of asbestos...this guy with a crew/group of friends offers to do it the fastest...& things go nuts from there.

Last edited:
you know... Made them be that way so everyone's happy they died

Are you talking about The Devils Rejects...When she ran into that truck..I flew out of my seat and screamed "Right on! That's the best thing that happened to her all day" yes I did. Threw my hands in the air...Happy Ending.

*** Sometimes I laugh like that at my husband...and he gives me his I'll snap your neck look (that I fucking Love) And I stop. I just bust out with it at random times to watch his face change. Its funny as fuck!
[doublepost=1455036874,1455036514][/doublepost]
Grindhouse,

And Death Proof...or maybe I have them mixed up. When he licks her feet. Yep...flew out of my seat and climbed up on the back of the couch. Subtle but terrifying....mind fucker all the same.

No...I'm talking about Rob zombie making those two snobby bitches be the way they are so everyone hates them and is happy they die!! but the part your talking about in the devils rejects I'll have to go back to... I didn't really get into that movie like I did the house of a thousand corpses... I dont remember much of it

Thanks now you made me want to watch it and see that part lol! I'm supposed to be cleaning house today. Guess I'll just have to take a break.

Jacob's Ladder. That movie is FUCKED. I remember when I watched it I was SO relieved it was over lol. It's a pretty damn good movie too. Watching it as an adult is much more unsettling trying to digest what the hell you just watched. Thinker.

Crazy it was even longer and more disturbing. They edited something like a half hour out of it after the testing audience just couldn't handle it basically.
[doublepost=1455042613,1455042410][/doublepost]
But a legit movie, definitely "Session 9". CRAZY that so many people don't know of it, either. It's REALLY MESSED UP but has an interesting plot. One you can't predict, too..which is important to me when I'm picking a movie. It's one you're glued to from start to finish too. INSANE.

Yeah that one is pretty good. Didn't know it wasn't well known. It's fucking creepy as fuck though. I still remember that girls voice on the session tapes lol.
[doublepost=1455043087][/doublepost]The Wicker Man. The fact that movie got the green light and a 40 million dollar budget is highly fucking disturbing to me. I can't believe I wanted to watch that. Biggest disappointment I may have ever felt while watching a horror movie.

If I ever get around to making that DD movie I used to talk about - where two characters (based on @carolinablue and I), travel the country and murder the murderers we've read about on DD, it will be the most unsettling movie of all time. There will be beheadings, disembowlments, anal tearing, uterine extraction, and all sorts of goodies.

If I ever get around to making that DD movie I used to talk about - where two characters (based on @carolinablue and I), travel the country and murder the murderers we've read about on DD, it will be the most unsettling movie of all time. There will be beheadings, disembowlments, anal tearing, uterine extraction, and all sorts of goodies.

You would have found Ancient Rome unsettling.

I learned my letters from Sesame Street...and how to sort, you remember the song...One of these things ( is not the like others) ... one of these things just doesn't belong. I never learned my numbers there though...I learned those from The Price is Right. Word...it was the price is right in our house or Mr. Dress-up...it all depended on if my mother was having a bath or otherwise washing her hair...she had a lot hair, when we were little....Like CHER!
I loved SS! Do you remember that show Bill Cosby :wtf: did with his squeaky marker? I don't care enough to google it but oh! The Electric Company? Wasn't really crazy about that show now that I think about it... Sesame Street was the best, by far.

yeah, but didn't they have alot of sex in public and stuff? or was that the Greeks? I'd be okay with some of that.

Lol. My initial response was going to be "Why'd you leave out all of the sex?" but I didn't want to be the dude always making everything about sex. Thank you Rod! I will NEVER hesitate again.

Get a stunt cock for the prick shots if it isn't too much to ask. I don't want to see your pee pee. I think it would make things weird between us.

I know you're against stunt cocks though. Can't blame ya, I'd want to do my own stunts too.

I loved SS! Do you remember that show Bill Cosby :wtf: did with his squeaky marker? I don't care enough to google it but oh! The Electric Company? Wasn't really crazy about that show now that I think about it... Sesame Street was the best, by far.

Yes...Sesame Street was better...way better than Polka Dot Door.

Yeah that one is pretty good. Didn't know it wasn't well known. It's fucking creepy as fuck though. I still remember that girls voice on the session tapes lol.
You're the first person to know that movie! I can't believe more people don't know about it either- there's too many scary parts for me to pick out one but I think I'm also fascinated by abandoned asylums. Those are always my favorites on Ghost Adventures. (Which is much better since Nick left, btw. Sorry, Nick!)

You're the first person to know that movie! I can't believe more people don't know about it either- there's too many scary parts for me to pick out one but I think I'm also fascinated by abandoned asylums. Those are always my favorites on Ghost Adventures. (Which is much better since Nick left, btw. Sorry, Nick!)

Yeah strange. I'm pretty sure I rented it when it first came out almost 15 years ago I guess now... I rented it again lol. Haven't seen it for a long time but it definitely creeped me out.

You believe in ghosts? Lol me too. I've seen one otherwise I would just tell you that you're stupid though.

Yes...Sesame Street was better...way better than Polka Dot Door.
Jeez, LG. I had to google that. I was graduating high school when that show came out so...by the looks of it, I'd have to agree with you though. Oh too bad you missed the original Muppets Show. THAT was entertainment. The one they have now sucks! :banghead:

I gotthe muppe
Oh too bad you missed the original Muppets Show. THAT was entertainment. The one they have now sucks! :banghead:

I love the Muppet's...I watched that too, the old guys in the balcony. I love Gonzo the weirdo. I love Kermit singing Somewhere over the rainbow.

Yeah strange. I'm pretty sure I rented it when it first came out almost 15 years ago I guess now... I rented it again lol. Haven't seen it for a long time but it definitely creeped me out.

You believe in ghosts? Lol me too. I've seen one otherwise I would just tell you that you're stupid though.
LOL RIGHT?! I don't believe in people dying & becoming a "wandering spirit on earth"..so I don't call them ghosts but I absolutely believe in the paranormal. Most who haven't had their own experience mock & think we're crazies... My husband was that way with me but I think he's seen & heard enough by now to keep his mouth shut. Plus I regretfully got him watching that freaking Long Island Medium show :banghead::banghead::banghead: which I don't believe. So paranormal, yes. Psychics & mediums...eh. I just don't think they're communicating with who they think they're communicating with.

& then there's those who've had experiences are freaked out by it & don't want to talk about it under ANY circumstance whatsoever. My sister sent me a video & I flipped when I saw what was so obviously a SOMETHING.. I had to post it on Facebook & get others opinions on it cause my sister just wouldn't have it. Tried to say it was dust- pfffft!!! Everybody else agreed though. It wasn't dust.

The Muppets give me the fucking creeps. Even as a kid the only ones I liked were the old guys in the theater box being sarcastic and snarky to everyone.

The Muppets give me the fucking creeps. Even as a kid the only ones I liked were the old guys in the theater box being sarcastic and snarky to everyone.
They were my favorite too. One guy's name is Waldorf. The other's I forget...let me go look it up.

(googles)

Statler. Waldorf and Statler. :) Hilarious stuff.

Back