• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!

An Ohio woman who was found guilty of hurling a piping-hot burrito bowl in the face of a Chipotle employee had her jail time lessened after agreeing to work at a fast-food chain as part of her sentencing arrangement.
Rosemary Hayne, 39, was found guilty last week of assault after violently flinging her food at Emily Russell, who was working behind the counter when Hayne launched her obscene, caught-on-video attack.

“You didn’t get your burrito bowl the way you like it and this is how you respond?” Parma Municipal Court Judge Timothy Gilligan said during sentencing, according to Fox 8.

“This is not real Housewives of Parma. This behavior is not acceptable.”
Hayne told the court and Russell that she was sorry for her actions — before going on to say that the food she was given looked “disgusting.”
“If I showed you how my food looked and how my food looked a week later from that same restaurant, it’s disgusting looking,” Hayne said.
Video taken of the chaotic September assault — which also went viral online — was played during Hayne’s hearing.

Hayne can be seen in the clip slamming her order down on the counter while yelling at Russell for nearly a full minute. Russell, who is working behind the counter, tries to calm the irate customer down while other customers start to take notice of her meltdown.
Then, from mere feet away, Hayne launches the burrito bowl at Russell’s face, causing diners to gasp.

“I bet you won’t be happy with the food you are going to get in the jail,” the judge said.

Judge Gilligan sentenced Hayne to 180 days in jail and suspended 90 of those days. The judge, hoping to “teach her a sense of empathy,” then made a bizarre offer.
Gillian told Hayne he would give her 60 days jail credit if she agreed to work at least 20-hour weeks at a fast food restaurant for two months.

“So I thought, why should the city taxpayers pay for her and feed her for 90 days in the jail if I can teach her a sense of empathy?” Gilligan said. “I also hope this deters others from this type of behavior.”
Hayne took him up on the deal and said she planned to get a job at a restaurant.

It’s unclear where that job will be and when she will start work.

Russell, who has since found a job elsewhere following the traumatic incident, told the outlet she found the sentence fair.

“She didn’t get a slap on the wrist,” Russell said.
1701913635750.png
1701913767949.png

what do you expect you are eating Chipotle you fat trash ass bitch.

Her actions show that she thinks she is above the people serving her. I was at the McDonald's in Ely, NV and some bitch started yelling about her food. I told her to gtfo cause the rest of us want to order and eat. The people behind me in line agreed.

If your food looks disgusting then don't keep going there expecting it to be different. I don't eat at several places because I don't like their food, it is just that simple.

I hope she does get a job at fast food and they make her the "hospitality manager", she would have to deal with all the dumbasses who think being violent will get them what they want. I hate to tell these people for the most part, "the customer is always right" is not being enforced anymore, because customers take it too far, thinking they can get what they want if they threaten to shop elsewhere. Go somewhere else, bitch, I don't care, somebody else will have to deal with your stupidity then.

Her actions show that she thinks she is above the people serving her. I was at the McDonald's in Ely, NV and some bitch started yelling about her food. I told her to gtfo cause the rest of us want to order and eat. The people behind me in line agreed.
What in god's name took you to Ely? The most remote town in the Lower 48. I lived there for a while. Cried every morning for 3 weeks straight.

What in god's name took you to Ely? The most remote town in the Lower 48. I lived there for a while. Cried every morning for 3 weeks straight.
As a truck driver, I've been to many remote places such as Ely. I had a route from Phoenix to Washington state. Only cool thing about Nevada is most of the police never bothered me if I was running 100+ mph on state route 318. 20 years ago or so if you got stopped you'd hand the officer your license with a $20 or $50 depending on the severity of the offense and they'd return the license and a verbal warning. Now you'd be arrested for trying to bribe the officer.

As a truck driver, I've been to many remote places such as Ely. I had a route from Phoenix to Washington state. Only cool thing about Nevada is most of the police never bothered me if I was running 100+ mph on state route 318. 20 years ago or so if you got stopped you'd hand the officer your license with a $20 or $50 depending on the severity of the offense and they'd return the license and a verbal warning. Now you'd be arrested for trying to bribe the officer.
now you couldn't even go that fast cuz with all the electronics now in trucks ... even cams pointing to driver .. yea they say it is for their protection but also to monitor their every move ...

Sometimes food looks terrible and tastes amazing. I make a sausage dip that looks like a pile of puke but damn it’s delicious. Burrito bowls aren’t exactly a culinary art piece.

Excellent judge! I 100% agree with this consequence.

I've been doing some deep thinking recently about the legal system. Law and consequence, essentially. And I have arrived at the conclusion that a more benevolent society would, at least with minor offenses or misdemeanors, mete a consequence to a guilty party in a way that would emphasize productivity and contribution to the community; or at least make a community service consequence available.

For example, I don't think anyone likes receiving speeding tickets. But what if, instead of paying, say, $80 or something like that for a minor speeding infraction; you instead gave three or four (or thereabouts) hours of community service? What if, instead of "you were going 16 miles above the limit. Here's a ticket for $90"; it could be, "you were going 16 miles above the limit, and I need you to contribute four volunteer hours at the local food bank by [date]"? Or perhaps give someone either the option of a fine or of community service.

This is a judge that has showed that he respects fast food and restaurant workers. While the defendant's actions were clearly egregious and harmful in the assaultive episode, I believe that working two months at a fast food joint not only would give her the experience to empathize with people who work in such an industry, but is also productive and serviceable to the community. And I believe that any punishment that involves developing a good work ethic, serviceable skillsets, and being a benefit to the community would be valid and just.

This fat, entitled bitch. I love Chipotle and their burrito bowls are the only thing I get. If she didn’t like that franchise’s bowl, she could’ve went to another one. Nothing’s good enough for people like that, and if she threw the bowl on me, her mugshot would be fucked up, she would have been beat so bad.

This fat, entitled bitch. I love Chipotle and their burrito bowls are the only thing I get. If she didn’t like that franchise’s bowl, she could’ve went to another one. Nothing’s good enough for people like that, and if she threw the bowl on me, her mugshot would be fucked up, she would have been beat so bad.
There's our Kitsune "Killer" Faye! ;)

I almost beat a bitch ass in Target Monday. I’m with the shits.
I legit live across the street from a Target*, I almost beat a bitch's ass weekly! These folks need to learn some damn manners! :shame:

You would never know my condo complex is there unless someone told you where to turn. It's a hidden oasis in the middle of town. *

I legit live across the street from a Target*, I almost beat a bitch's ass weekly! These folks need to learn some damn manners! :shame:

You would never know my condo complex is there unless someone told you where to turn. It's a hidden oasis in the middle of town. *
I’m across the street from one too. In fact across the street from Gateway Mall (if you know, you know), I pulled out my Swiss Army knife when she came at me with a full beer bottle.

I just can’t imagine being so upset about my meal that I curse them or throw something at them? This just seems so unreasonable! I get so much more with a compliment and a kind word. Now, if someone threatens me or mine with violence then I will be on alert! If someone assaults me I will take a defense. I do hope she has to work in a fast paced business and finds how difficult it is.Maybe it will help her get some insight.

Back