• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story...ringfield-burning-cat-teen-arrested/16492117/
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office has arrested a 14-year-old boy who told investigators he burned a cat to death last month in Springfield.

The north Jacksonville teen told JSO he had killed and maimed several other cats in the past [....]

found two cats with severe injuries to their legs in his backpack, according to an arrest report.According to JSO, the teen told Officer K.T. Lentz that he stomped on their legs, stuffed them in the bag and planned to kill them later. He also allegedly told Ofc. Lentz he had killed two of his friend's cats by drowning[....]
case was similar to another animal cruelty case that happened in August. In that case, a Springfield couple reported their cat "Camus" was found burned to death at their home on W. 9th Street on August 11.
Ofc. Lentz said the teen confessed to killing "Camus."
[....]
teen told Ofc. Lentz that he likes to hurt animals when he is mad.
JSO arrested the teen and charged him with cruelty to animals, which is a third degree felony.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/teen-charged-with-animal-cruelty-in-killing-of-cats/28338802

(There's a video that shows his photo, but I don't know how to get it here.)

According to the report, Toby said he didn't have a comfortable home environment and got mad when his mother wouldn't let him play with his Xbox. Police said the teen admitted to getting into fights and sometimes hurting animals to relieve his anger.

According to the report, when officers asked Toby if he had ever killed a cat, he replied: "Killing a cat is like killing a sheet of paper. It is nothing to kill a cat."

that kid has too many screws loose- well beyond repair- discard it quickly before it does more damage down the road.

JSO arrested the teen and charged him with cruelty to animals, which is a third degree felony.

All animal cruelty that results in death either by the hands of the perp or needing to be euthanized should be Animal cruelty in the first degree and classified as a felony.

The legal system needs to stop walking the fence line and lock these bastards up before they get a hold of someones baby.
Besides, the legal system spends a lot of money pretending they can and are rehabilitating these criminals when we all know that isn't possible.. But a crime this heinous needs to be treated as such. Animal cruelty in the 3rd degree is nothing and and the whole legal process is a waste of money.

I am now seeing red!
I do not give a rats flaming arse how old this little puke is!
I will straight up beat the killer right out of him!
Leave the cats alone!
Why are people so mean to cats???!?!?
@Pete Bondurant
Yes cats have been known to be witches familiars. What of it....(Don't piss off the Pagan!)

:hilarious: not until he gives you a nickname. For that you will have to chat in shoutbox and argue with him. ;)
I look at that from time to time but I feel like I am not "one of the gang" so I don't say anything.. I mostly just see pictures of Jennifer Lawrence in there o_O

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/2...felony_equal_to_murder_arson_and_assault.html

FBI turns animal cruelty into top-tier felony like murder, arson and assault
The category also will help identify young offenders, and a defendant might realize “if he gets help now, he won’t turn into Jeffrey Dahmer,” animal rights advocate says.

[....]The bureau announced this month that it would make animal cruelty a Group A felony with its own category — the same way crimes like homicide, arson and assault are listed.
“It will help get better sentences, sway juries and make for better plea bargains,” said Madeline Bernstein, president and CEO of the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Los Angeles and a former New York prosecutor.

The category also will help identify young offenders, and a defendant might realize “if he gets help now, he won’t turn into Jeffrey Dahmer,” she said.
[....]
In the U.S., the new category will mean law enforcement agencies will have to report incidents and arrests in four areas: simple or gross neglect; intentional abuse and torture; organized abuse, including dogfighting and cockfighting; and animal sexual abuse, the FBI said in statement. The bureau didn’t answer questions beyond a short statement.

“The immediate benefit is it will be in front of law enforcement every month when they have to do their crime reports,” said John Thompson, interim executive director of the National Sheriffs’ Association who worked to get the new animal cruelty category instituted. “That’s something we have never seen.”
[....]
It will take time and money to update FBI and law enforcement databases nationwide, revise manuals and send out guidelines, Thompson said, so there won’t be any data collected until January 2016. After that, it will take several months before there are numbers to analyze.

The new animal cruelty statistics will allow police and counsellors to work with children who show early signs of trouble, so a preschooler hurting animals today isn’t going to be hurting a person two years from now, Bernstein said.

The FBI’s category will track crimes nationwide and is bound to give animal cruelty laws in all 50 states more clout. Many states are seeing more of those convicted of animal cruelty being sentenced to prison, in marked contrast to years past.
[....]

You gotta own those dislikes and disagrees. Ask the random "disser" to give you more so you can reacha targetted number, seems to irritate them;)
I don't like the dislikes and disagrees!!!! I only have 4 and they are all from that jerk! He ruined my perfect record. :arghh:

I might be alone in my opinion on this, but once you start burning cats I think therapy is in the "too little too late" realm.

I think you are right- there is no way to treat a sociopath.

He compared the cats to paper, there is definitely no empathy there.

I might be alone in my opinion on this, but once you start burning cats I think therapy is in the "too little too late" realm.
I get what you are saying but I just feel like he is still a child and obviously something in his life is making him act out like that and transfer his pain and anger to other things. In this case its unfortunately cats. I don't know!! I guess it's his age that makes me not want to lock him up and throw away the key

I had friends in high school that did shit like this. I'm not exactly proud of the company I kept back then but it was like 20+ years ago so can't do anything about that now. Today, most of them are either dead or in prison, not just jail but prison.

There's a reason animal abuse is on the triad of sociopathy, behavior like this rarely leads to good things later in life.

Back