• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A litter of puppies in Ohio are looking for forever homes after surviving a horrible ordeal.

The Humane Society of Richland County said it was called to help the Mansfield Police Department with five puppies on Wednesday. Four of the puppies had their throats cut.

“It is important to mention that the person responsible for this has been charged with felony animal cruelty,” the humane society said in a Facebook post.

“And we are all very upset over the situation, but condemning the person responsible in the comments section is not going to change or help the situation. Donations, adoptions, volunteers, shares of this post — these are all things that we really need right now.”

Humane officers said that despite their injuries, the prognosis is good for the puppies.

Information about the person responsible was not made available.
1583607581613.png

Last edited:
And they are still smiling and approaching the person taking the picture. :(

I need to get out of here, I mis-clicked. I try to stay far away from the Crimes Against Animals.

A 38-year-old city man was sentenced to three years and four months in prison for injuring four puppies.

Christopher Vandenberg pleaded no contest in November to four counts of prohibitions concerning companion animals, all fifth-degree felonies.

Richland County Common Pleas Judge Brent Robinson gave Vandenberg close to the maximum prison term of four years.
The throats of a trio of 3-month-old puppies were cut. A fourth had a broken leg.

"If the cuts were a quarter-of-an-inch deeper, the puppies would have bled to death," Assistant Prosecutor Amanda James said.

Robinson also ordered Vandenberg to make $2,203 in restitution to the Humane Society of Richland County for the care of the pit-bull mixes. All have recovered and have been adopted.
In reviewing the facts of the case, Robinson noted the abuse to the puppies followed Vandenberg's argument with his wife.

"He did threaten to kill himself by overdosing on prescription drugs," the judge said.

Defense attorney David Watson said the incident went deeper than that and lobbied for his client to receive treatment. "He has had untreated mental-health issues for awhile,"
Watson said. Watson said Vandenberg expressed remorse and had little memory of what he did.

"He was actually mortified about some of the facts," the defense attorney said. "He is not a violent individual. This was a one-time incident.

"This is not him. He was so desperate that he wanted to kill himself."
Vandenberg briefly addressed the court, saying he was "extremely sorry."

"It's not something that has ever happened before," he said. "I had a mental breakdown."

Robinson said Vandenberg had reported taking 20 Xanax pills the night before and 27 more pills and heroin the day of the offenses.

"A lot of his issues revolve around illegal drugs," the judge said.
1583608109324.png
1583608137250.png

Back