• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Marv

Trusted Member
A pregnant woman has been stoned to death by her own family in front of a Pakistani high court - for marrying the man she loved.

Nearly 20 members of the woman's family, including her father and brothers, attacked her and her husband with batons and bricks in broad daylight.

Farzana Parveen, who was three months pregnant, was killed before a crowd of onlookers in front of the high court of Lahore, police have reported.

Police official Naseem Butt said the 25-year-old had married Mohammad Iqbal, with whom she had been engaged for years against the will of her family.

Her father had filed an abduction case against her husband, which the couple was contesting, her lawyer Mustafa Kharal said.

Arranged marriages are considered normal among conservative Pakistanis, who view marriage for love as a transgression.
[...]

As the couple walked up to the court's main gate, the family members fired shots in the air and tried to snatch her from Iqbal, he said.

When she resisted, her father, brothers and other relatives started beating her, eventually pelting her with bricks from a nearby construction site, Iqbal said.

Iqbal, 45, said he started seeing Parveen after the death of his first wife, with whom he had five children.
'We were in love,' he told reporters.
[...]

Butt, the police official, said Parveen's father surrendered after the incident and called the murder an 'honor killing.'
[...]

Campaigners say few cases come to court, and those that do can take years to be heard.

Even those that do result in a conviction may end with the killers walking free. Pakistani law allows a victim's family to forgive their killer.

But in honour killings, most of the time the women's killers are her family, said Wasim Wagha of the Aurat Foundation.

The law allows them to nominate someone to do the murder, then forgive him.

'This is a huge flaw in the law,' he said. 'We are really struggling on this issue.'

article-2640632-1E3F241100000578-841_634x423.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...mbers-OWN-family-broad-daylight-Pakistan.html

Fucking stone-age savages.

Honor killings are so fucked up.
Kindly get out of the Middle ages are start treating women as people.
I googled her name and saw her father, he was with 2 women, I didn't see her brothers.

116oubr.jpg
Police collect evidence near the body of Farzana Iqbal, who was killed by family members, in front of a court building in Lahore Tuesday. Her father called her murder an 'honor killing.'
A woman was stoned to death by her own family in front of a Pakistani high court on Tuesday for marrying the man she loved,
[...]
Nearly 20 members of the woman's family, including her father and brothers, attacked her and her husband with batons and bricks in broad daylight before a crowd of onlookers in front of the high court of Lahore
[..]
He said Farzana Parveen, 25, had married Mohammad Iqbal, with whom she had been engaged for years in opposition to her family.

Her father had filed an abduction case against her husband, which the couple was contesting, her lawyer Mustafa Kharal said.
[....]
Hundreds of women are killed every year in Muslim-majority Pakistan in so-called "honor killings" carried out by husbands or relatives as a punishment for alleged adultery or other illicit sexual behavior.

Kharal said Parveen's relatives waited outside the court, which is located on a main downtown thoroughfare. As the couple walked up to the court's main gate, the family members fired shots in the air and tried to snatch her from Iqbal,
[...]
When she resisted, her father, brothers and other relatives started beating her, eventually pelting her with bricks from a nearby construction site,
[....]
Iqbal, 45, said he started seeing Parveen after the death of his first wife, with whom he had five children.

"We were in love," he told
[...]
He alleged that the woman's family wanted to fleece money from him before marrying her off.

"I simply took her to court and registered a marriage," infuriating the family,
[...]
Butt, the police official, said Parveen's father surrendered after the incident and called the murder an "honor killing."

The Human Rights Commission of Pakistan, a private organization, said in a report last month that some 869 women were murdered in so-called honor killings in 2013.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wor...-death-family-article-1.1806700#ixzz32yekgNYZ

They were jealous of her marrying a man for love. They don't know what love is. They're all miserable and can't understand the notion of someone being happy.

Horrible. An assertion of control and dominance and a lesson to all the other younger women in town.

Did that man who was her father never hold his daughter when she was young? Can he not remember what it sounded like when she squealed with laughter as a child? That man will never know what love is.

I'm glad that she knew love for just the briefest of time with her husband and step daughters.

The entire middle east is, has been, and forever will be a shithole of religious lunatics and should be wiped from the earth once and for all. If there has even been just cause to drop a nuclear warhead it should be dropped there.

The entire middle east is, has been, and forever will be a shithole of religious lunatics
Actually prior to Genghis Khan rampaging through that region,and the crusades, it was known for it's schools and sciences. A lot of our advanced mathematics and astronomy are from there.

Actually prior to Genghis Khan rampaging through that region,and the crusades, it was known for it's schools and sciences. A lot of our advanced mathematics and astronomy are from there.

And now all it has going for them is their vast supplies of oil.........Even when Jesus was out walking around they were fighing over something, and from what I understand he wasn't even all that great a carpenter, probably couldn't have constructed the cross he was crucified on.........

My AF unit (all of us women) was on a mission in a Trashcanistan village, trying to build a rapport with local female villagers. Schools for girls, etc. The fundamentalists were not happy about this and the day after we left, we were notified that a woman was stoned to death because she had knew how to read and was trying to (secretly) teach a few young girls. I don't agree with nuking the whole region, there are some people who would socially progress if it wouldn't cost them their life.....
That whole region is so mixed up, I compare it to the Vietnam war. U never now who u can trust or who u can't. But there are people who would love to escape to more Westernized countries, they simply don't have the resources or opportunity. So very sad.

The husband of a woman battered to death on the streets of Lahore in the name of family "honour" said on Wednesday that her parents had fully agreed to their marriage, only later turning against him after he refused to give them more money.
[...]

Some reports said policemen watched the incident without intervening – all of the attackers managed to escape except her father, Muhammad Azeem, who had watched the entire attack and was arrested.

He told police that he wanted his daughter to be killed because "she had insulted all of our family by marrying a man without our consent" rather than another man, a cousin, who he had selected.

But her distraught husband, who witnessed the entire attack, said Azeem had supported the marriage for an engagement period that lasted almost two years, during which he was allowed to talk to Farzana regularly on the phone without actually meeting her.

The two men, both farmers from the same extended family who live in rural districts far from Lahore, had struck a deal whereby Iqbal paid Azeem £500 for the right to marry his daughter. But later he asked for another £600.

"The whole settlement had been agreed but then they got into trouble with their house expenses and they demanded more money," Iqbal told the Guardian. "Because I have more land than them, they think I am rich."

Rather than paying more, he and Farzana opted for a "court marriage", where she swore she was marrying of her own free will.
[...]

But 20 male relatives were waiting for her and launched a horrific attack on the busy street in front of the court, first trying to shoot her and then laying about her head with bricks from a nearby building site.

Even after she had died, her relatives continued to beat her face with their shoes, Iqbal said.

Although "honour killings" are known to take place in rural communities across Pakistan, such a brazen attack in the heart of one of Pakistan's most important and refined cities has horrified human rights activists.

"[Farzana's] murder was no case of sudden provocation, as several months had passed after her marriage," said Zohra Yusuf, chairperson of the Human Rights Commission of Pakistan (HRCP). "The family had obviously come prepared to commit murder."
[...]

Iqbal said his wife's killers would not escape justice as he was her next of kin and only he had the right to waive punishment.

"I will never forget the scene and I will never forgive them," he said.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...oman-battered-to-death-family-agreed-marriage

If that's what goes on in one of Pakistan's ''most refined cities'', then the rest of the country must be worse than a cage full of starving rats on bathsalts.

article-2642528-1E4D16CC00000578-511_306x423.jpg

This first photo has emerged of the pregnant woman who stoned to death by her own family for marrying the man she loved.
[...]

A passport size photo which was revealed today shows the 25-year-old wearing a yellow and red headscarf as she looks at the camera.

Her husband said that police did nothing during the 15 minutes the violence lasted outside Lahore High Court.

'I begged them to help us but they said, this is not our duty,' said Muhammed Iqbal.

'I took off my shirt (to be humble) and begged them to save her.'

Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has demanded to know why police apparently stood by, his spokesman said today.
[...[

Last night her body was buried in the presence of some 100 mourners from her husband's family at around 2 a.m. in a village graveyard in Pakistan's eastern Punjab province.

He said his family had chosen to bury her at night because of the gruesome state of her remains.

Police initially said Farzana had been stoned, but said today that relatives had swung bricks, not thrown them.
[...]

While a member of Iqbal's party wrestled the gun away, a female cousin grabbed a brick and hit Farzana with it, he said.

'She was screaming and crying 'don't kill me, we will give you money',' said Iqbal. He said he tried to save her but the mob of more than 20 beat him back.

At one point, six people were beating her with bricks as she screamed, he said, and he and his stepson begged police to help.

Finally she stopped screaming.
[...]

But for two days, the attack met with silence from Pakistani officials.

Most national media outlets gave little attention to the story. Honour killings are so common they usually only rate a paragraph or two.

Women have been mutilated and killed for wearing jeans, looking out of windows, singing or giving birth to girls.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...passersby-standing-letting-attack-happen.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...passersby-standing-letting-attack-happen.html

The husband of a woman battered to death on the streets of Lahore in the name of family "honour" said on Wednesday that her parents had fully agreed to their marriage, only later turning against him after he refused to give them more money.

Wow, just when you think it couldn't get any worse. They don't even have the shitty excuse of 'tradition', it was all about money. RIP Farzana, I hope your husband can get justice for you someday...

I'm going to cat-scratch the first person who tries to justify and show understanding toward their fucked culture.
But I do understand. I absolutely understand being greedier than any other hunan being that has ever walked the planet and said greed causes you to brutally take the life of your daughter. Your beautiful, pregnant daughter because her husband had the audacity to think that he had paid enough in a dowery. Yes, it all makes perfect sense to me.:sarcasm:

I killed my first wife, stoned Pakistani woman's husband says
The husband of Farzana Parveen, the Pakistani woman stoned to death for refusing to participate in an arranged marriage, told CNN he killed his first wife so he could marry Parveen.
Authorities said the first wife was killed six years ago.
"I wanted to send a proposal to Farzana, so I killed my wife," Mohammad Iqbal said Thursday in an interview with CNN.
Zulfiqar Hameed, district inspector general for the Punjab police, said Iqbal's son from the first marriage alerted police to the slaying six years ago.
[...]
http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/29/world/meast/pakistani-honor-killing/index.html?hpt=ju_c2

The husband of Farzana Parveen, the Pakistani woman stoned to death for refusing to participate in an arranged marriage, told CNN he killed his first wife so he could marry Parveen.
Authorities said the first wife was killed six years ago.
"I wanted to send a proposal to Farzana, so I killed my wife," Mohammad Iqbal said Thursday in an interview with CNN.

HOLY SHIT WHAT?
oh god, fuck all of it.

I have added these countries Ill never travel to
because just the way my life is
if I visited one of these fanatical countries or to a state with the death penalty
I just know Id be one of those people arrested and put on death row for a crime I didnt commit
and in one of those countries my mouth about I am a woman and can do what I fucking want would get me stoned to death or shot in the head by some taliban fucker
ask my husband he will tell you how I rebel against men trying to order me around

Last edited:
Back