• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Turd Fergusen

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
amber-rose-husky-murder.jpg

A Montana woman has sparked disgusted outrage after she took to social media to proudly display the carcass of a Siberian husky she killed in a hunt and skinned — after mistaking it for a wolf pup.

Amber Rose, of Miller City, posted the graphic images on Facebook showing her clutching a rifle and grinning as she holds up the animal’s remains.

“So this morning I set out for a solo predator hunt for a fall black bear however I got the opportunity to take another predator wolf pup 2022 was a great feeling to text my man and say I just smoked a wolf pup. #firstwolf #onelesspredatorMT,” Rose wrote.

Her post sparked immediate backlash by animal lovers, who pointed out that the animal she slaughtered was not a baby wolf.

“Amber Rose here hunted, shot, AND SKINNED a HUSKY.. not a wolf, an obvious #HUSKY,” one furious Twitter user pointed out.

Full Article

If she cannot tell the difference between a wolf and a husky, then she has no business being a hunter in any capacity.

I would find both her hunt and her proud social media posting revolting even if she had hunted a proper wolf. She clearly did it for sport, and likely made no attempt to conserve the meat or organs for, say, eating or crafting into a usable item. Killing an animal for the sake of killing it is not acceptable. At least make it a useful kill, and honor both the animal and the ecosystem while doing that. But such a thing is impossible if you're killing and skinning a house pet!

And according to the Daily Beast, one of the logics she has spun after being rightfully called out goes as follows:

Rose, who smiled while holding the dog’s head in one photo, later claimed she opened fire because she believed the animal was a “hybrid” and that she feared for her life.

“My safety was top priority (sic) this animal was growling, howling and coming at me like it was going to eat me,” Rose wrote to Facebook.

Rose conceded that she made a “mistake,” but also said if she was in the situation again—even knowing what she knows now—she still would have opened fire on the dog.

“I would still have shot it because it was aggressive and coming directly for me!” she wrote. “So please remove all your post thinking I just shot and killed someone’s pet!”

Great! Another example of someone who did a horrible thing, then wants to spin a victimhood narrative where none is warranted. She is the larger woman with a rifle in her hand, and has both the physical and ballistic advantage, yet we're supposed to believe that she was scared of a husky showing his or her teeth at her? Even if this is an accurate recollection, it is still a self-serving narrative, and one the public does not need to care about. Dogs show their teeth and growl all the time, and that does not make them a threat. If a husky showing its teeth scares her, then I wouldn't want her around my family Chihuahua. (Sure, not the best comparison; Chihuahuas are not as imposing as huskies. Point is, she grossly misread the situation, and is evoking the same narrative tropes and victim-blaming as those cops and citizens who shoot, maim, and/or kill unarmed black people, who may have been walking away with their back turned when shot at.)

----

One more thing that I find important.

Websites the likes of New York Post, Fox News, News.com.au, meaww.com, and Daily Mail, have reported that Amber Rose Barnes is from Miller City, Montana. Trouble is, that place does not exist at all, and I have no idea where this information comes from. The closest phonetic equivalent that Montana has is Miles City (website / forum), (Wikipedia), the seat of Custer County with a population of 8,354 in the 2020 US Census, good enough for 11th largest in Montana. Personally, I have significant familiarity with it, and I am a good fan of the town and its Range Riders Museum. When I have searched for Miller City, Montana, the engines correctively ask me "Do you mean Miles City, Montana?" The only meaningful results that involve a "Miller City, Montana" are relevant to this specific news item.

Miller City, Montana does not exist! At all. Whomever first reported her as being from Miller City, MT, as well as those who followed suit, are making an egregious journalistic error by having posted this and failing to correct course after perhaps millions have read of this story. There are two communities in America named Miller City: one is a village in Ohio, the other is an unincorporated community in Illinois.

----

If she wants Montana to have one less predator, she should move the hell out.

I found it. It does exist. I think. I believe it's just called Miller, not Miller City, Montana. It's on the Blackfoot River, east of Missoula, and might be a part of Bonner-West Riverside, Montana. But Google did keep trying to insert Miles City into my search. Repeatedly. ;)
Props to you for having done further research. So, it is true, then, that there is a community in Montana whose name has the word "Miller" in it. All righty, then. Wikipedia calls it Miller Colony, Montana (population: 9).

I still do not understand where "Miller City" comes from, whether it is a misnaming of the community you have brought up, or something else entirely. But your post does give further good information toward this discourse.

If she cannot tell the difference between a wolf and a husky, then she has no business being a hunter in any capacity.

I would find both her hunt and her proud social media posting revolting even if she had hunted a proper wolf. She clearly did it for sport, and likely made no attempt to conserve the meat or organs for, say, eating or crafting into a usable item. Killing an animal for the sake of killing it is not acceptable. At least make it a useful kill, and honor both the animal and the ecosystem while doing that. But such a thing is impossible if you're killing and skinning a house pet!

And according to the Daily Beast, one of the logics she has spun after being rightfully called out goes as follows:

Great! Another example of someone who did a horrible thing, then wants to spin a victimhood narrative where none is warranted. She is the larger woman with a rifle in her hand, and has both the physical and ballistic advantage, yet we're supposed to believe that she was scared of a husky showing his or her teeth at her? Even if this is an accurate recollection, it is still a self-serving narrative, and one the public does not need to care about. Dogs show their teeth and growl all the time, and that does not make them a threat. If a husky showing its teeth scares her, then I wouldn't want her around my family Chihuahua. (Sure, not the best comparison; Chihuahuas are not as imposing as huskies. Point is, she grossly misread the situation, and is evoking the same narrative tropes and victim-blaming as those cops and citizens who shoot, maim, and/or kill unarmed black people, who may have been walking away with their back turned when shot at.)

----

One more thing that I find important.

Websites the likes of New York Post, Fox News, News.com.au, meaww.com, and Daily Mail, have reported that Amber Rose Barnes is from Miller City, Montana. Trouble is, that place does not exist at all, and I have no idea where this information comes from. The closest phonetic equivalent that Montana has is Miles City (website / forum), (Wikipedia), the seat of Custer County with a population of 8,354 in the 2020 US Census, good enough for 11th largest in Montana. Personally, I have significant familiarity with it, and I am a good fan of the town and its Range Riders Museum. When I have searched for Miller City, Montana, the engines correctively ask me "Do you mean Miles City, Montana?" The only meaningful results that involve a "Miller City, Montana" are relevant to this specific news item.

Miller City, Montana does not exist! At all. Whomever first reported her as being from Miller City, MT, as well as those who followed suit, are making an egregious journalistic error by having posted this and failing to correct course after perhaps millions have read of this story. There are two communities in America named Miller City: one is a village in Ohio, the other is an unincorporated community in Illinois.

----

If she wants Montana to have one less predator, she should move the hell out.
Maybe Miles City, MT

@Symmachus i also wonder how true the growling baring teeth statement is. I think she’s just trying to make herself look better in the court of public opinion. I assume an owner will turn up shortly and give testimony to the temperament of the dog. If the dog truly was acting like a threat then I can’t blame her.
Post automatically merged:

Also, if you have the anatomical knowledge to skin an animal wouldn’t she have quickly discovered that this was a dog and not a wolf once the flaying began??!!!

if you’re in the woods in wolf country and a husky comes at you through the trees and brush, easy mistake

This northern breed hails from Siberia where it has been and is still used for sledding. Not only does the breed resemble its wild ancestors, it has changed relatively little genetically over time. Siberian Huskies allowed nomadic tribes to survive in the cold, harsh environment of the Russian north.

Ok… was she hunting in the forest? Or on her land?

That’s a huge difference for me. Cuz if a doggie is on my land… it could disappear. If it growled & snarled… it would.

She says it was morning, meaning very early for a hunter that’s about 4am.

Even a dog will protect its food/kill from a person. And attack.

could go either way. Friggin idiot. That’s why you don’t post shit on FB.

Not saying she made a great choice. But I’d bet a lot of the negative comments come from city dwellers, who have never been in wolf county or been on a farm where wild animals posse a threat. Personally think wolves, mountain lions, bears etc, etc are cool and need to be protected to a certain extent. Unfortunately many city folks have no idea what life outside the big city is like and think anyone that kills a wild animal is evil and cruel. The closest some people get to the outdoors is going to the city park and seeing the wild squirrels and cute pond ducks.

Exactly. Wolves don't bark.

Or otherwise make a racket, they stalk silently.
They do “bark” it’s a a lower more guttural noise that could be closely compared to a pretty angry dog.

And they they do stalk silently and will attack viciously. And protect their kill/food/babies, more viciously.

I think she’s an idiot for posting her her stupidity on fb.

Where’s the dog from? Wild dogs are very dangerous. If she was in the forest, it was likely wild. If she was on her own land, maybe a neighbor dog. Again, sss.

Either way, unless she was hunting on private land, she’s not necessarily wrong. If on her land or the forest, the owner of the dog is at fault for not controlling their animal.

Last edited:
They do “bark” it’s a a lower more guttural noise that could be closely compared to a pretty angry dog.

And they they do stalk silently and will attack viciously. And protect their kill/food/babies, more viciously.

I think she’s an idiot for posting her her stupidity on fb.

Where’s the dog from? Wild dogs are very dangerous. If she was in the forest, it was likely wild. If she was on her own land, maybe a neighbor dog. Again, sss.

Either way, unless she was hunting on private land, she’s not necessarily wrong. If on her land or the forest, the owner of the dog is at fault for not controlling their animal.
Actually, this story is so screwed up that I wouldn't doubt that she didn't do 'rooms and shoot her own dog thinking that she was brilliant enough to tame a wolf.

What a ridiculous dumbass.

Even if mistaken at a distance, which shouldn't be possible really, it's not really mistakable up close.

I wonder if she realized at some point along the way, and decided to keep playing a stupid game.

if you’re in the woods in wolf country and a husky comes at you through the trees and brush, easy mistake

This northern breed hails from Siberia where it has been and is still used for sledding. Not only does the breed resemble its wild ancestors, it has changed relatively little genetically over time. Siberian Huskies allowed nomadic tribes to survive in the cold, harsh environment of the Russian north.

One more time for the incredibly ridiculous city dwellers, sitting in their safe homes saying it’s not possible to mistake a Husky for a wolf, in the woods while it’s running at you in the brush. Much easier to see the difference sitting safely in your home than when you have no more than a few seconds in wolf country to decide life or death
Husky is much smaller that’s why she thought it was a wolf pup, although she should’ve realized the mistake before skinning the Husky

9871BC5B-B9B0-4686-A9A0-482D6273380F.jpeg
F4433E2D-3AFD-47D2-BD8C-70CED51C3339.jpeg
F0DEB992-218D-4AA8-86F8-E645A809C689.jpeg

Last edited:

Woman who killed, skinned husky puppy she thought was a wolf is charged with animal abuse​

A Montana woman who sparked outrage after posting photos of a Siberian husky puppy she killed and skinned, thinking it was a wolf, has since been charged with animal cruelty.

Amber Barnes, 36, was issued a citation on the misdemeanor charge after she fatally shot the 6-month-old puppy and displayed graphic images of its remains on Facebook, bragging that she had killed a young wolf.

Back