• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
To step from the shadows and do what? Help other women through compassion and support by sharing your own experiences? It's never too late for that.

To prosecute or to accuse? Time erases evidence and witnesses' memories fade, so to say yes or no to "too late" is not easily answerable. What can one prove is going to factor in whether prosecution is even worth the effort. I've experienced date "rape" in my teens and even then, with no measurable injury sustained and the story could only fall on he said/she said, I knew it was a situation I had to chalk up to lesson learned. He was a block-head teen who wanted sex and didn't heed my less-than-forceful refusals. Why should I put myself through the court system and relive the pain in front of a room full of people and have nothing but my own testimony with nothing else to show? I could testify that I said no, and he could counter that I didn't and was there for sex. With no injuries or witnesses, it wasn't a winnable case. And could I come forward 30 years later to accuse the guy of what he did? I might as well spit into the wind, for all good it would do.

Maybe I would, if many other women came forward to accuse the same man because at least I could demonstrate I was part of a pattern. But alone? Nah.

It's too late if there is no proof. Either step forward right away AND SPARE OTHER WOMEN from the same pain.
But years later? Yeah, too late.
There are so many allegations these days with so little proof.
Also, it's not just straight men predating on women. It's across the board: gay, trans, predator is a state of mind not orientation. Of course hetero predators are the majority but predatory behavior is equally across the spectrum.
I'm tired of hearing about white women complaining about men feeling them up or "forcing" them to watch some jerk jerk off. They had choices denied to much more vulnerable groups.

Like children. Or Those poor ass boys in Afganistan. People trapped in restictive cultures. Places like South Africa, the rape capital of the world, where young girls are raped because men believe screwing a virgin will cure HIV.
I'm much more worried about things like that.

Last edited:
Adding to my last post: If there is no evidence other than my claim, then how can jurors determine the veracity of my testimony? I could be lying, I could be telling the truth, I could believe what I say is the truth but the circumstances are not in line with my perception of what's real. But how would the jury know which is which? Determining guilt without evidence undercuts the rights of half of this country's population.

I think it depends on what your motivation for coming forward is.

There are men and women who have been legitimate victims of violent sexual assaults, who have reported their crimes, gone through the courts ... and some might have even gotten justice, and they are still struggling with that violation and their lives.

Rape is serious ... so I hope you're not talking about Ford/ Kavenaugh ... because Christine Ford wasn't raped ... she was in bed with a boy (maybe it was Kavenaugh, maybe it wasn't) at a party where young people where consuming alcohol, and where that boy got to second base, before being interrupted by a fellow party goer, who entered the room and jumped on the bed. She then covered herself and ran into a bathroom ... kind of mortified ... people talked about it at school ... there were rumours that Christine was "that girl" but never rumours that she was raped. Because she wasn't ... and she wasn't sexually assaulted either.

Adding to my last post: If there is no evidence other than my claim, then how can jurors determine the veracity of my testimony? I could be lying, I could be telling the truth, I could believe what I say is the truth but the circumstances are not in line with my perception of what's real. But how would the jury know which is which? Determining guilt without evidence undercuts the rights of half of this country's population.

If there is no physical evidence, then it would be your word versus the word of the accused, and the jury would have to decide who seemed more believable. They could also look to actions after the alleged assault by both parties, and comments the alleged victim and perp made to others.

It's too late.

I won. I out lived my molester.

If we're talking about Ford, she should shut up already. She wasn't raped. She wasn't a survivor. To call her a survivor is god damn insulting to people who have actually survived a real rape crisis.

Here's a recent article about the fallout of an alleged rape that is said to have happened 35 years ago (link)

I consider rape, at times, a more reprehensible crime than murder and I would entertain making rape a capital offense, but I'm not going to execute or incarcerate a person on just testimony with no physical evidence to back that claim. Just the mere accusation of being a rapist can destroy a person's life if that person is innocent, where's the justice in that?

Waiting to long to report rape brings no justice or closure. For a person who is raped, the mental anguish of hiding the crime only grows and the perpetrator does not pay for their heinous crime. The longer the wait the more impossible it is to prove that it happened or, if the accused is innocent, that it didn't happen. Justice can only be served if crimes are reported as soon as possible, to wait to long is an injustice to the guilty and the falsely accused.

Last edited:
No. Full Stop.
It is never too late to report sexual abuse or rape, regardless of a lack of evidence or witnesses.
Even if statute of limitations may have expired in some states, an affidavit will still go on the record, and should any future complaints be filed, or recent accusations made against the same individual, than this will serve to give credibility towards other victims.

We see men bravely come forward now on a weekly/monthly basis who are speaking for the first times publicly about abuse/rape they suffered as children by the hands of trusted men of their childhood communities: Priests/Preachers, Teachers, Coaches, Scout Leaders, or their friend's fathers, etc..
We believe them, although decades may have past, and they have no evidence other than their own memories and experiences to tell.

This should be no different for anyone else: not women, children, teens - IDC if the victim is a sex trade worker/prostitute/street addict, there is never a point where "too much time has past" when it concerns sex crimes, nor should anyone coming forward at any point be shamed, harassed, called a liar, or forced to flee their homes for finally achieving the courage and self-esteem to report a horrifying incident that they were forced to endure by another person - ever.

The fact that we have to ask ourselves a question like this in the 21st century is repugnant.
Every single woman who's ever lived has had to endure some form of sexual harassment, sexual assault/unwanted touching, to outright rape.
Every. Single. Woman. throughout time.

Yet we've been taught forever to stay silent, don't tell, it's a woman's cross to bear, no one will believe you, etc., to the outrageous and extremes of: "You're over-reacting", "Can't you take a joke?", "I was just playing around.", "What the hell is wrong with you feminists?", etc..

E N O U G H

It's past time to stay silent, and just take it, while it insidiously and slowly destroys all of one's sense of self-worth and one's ability to know and understand that they are a person within their own rights and have the right to choose their independence and make all of their own choices in life as adults.
This must stop, and our generation must be the ones to start insuring that future generations will learn, know and continue to be committed to halting as much of this as possible.
There will always be some who rape/abuse, but we can see to it that we teach our children early and often that these things are NEVER OKAY, and that they understand this to the point that the great majority of them will be repulsed by the concept, and that they know to speak up and report it should they see or experience it as quickly as they are able.

Last edited:
No. Full Stop.
It is never too late to report sexual abuse or rape, regardless of a lack of evidence or witnesses.
Even if statitute of limitations may have expired in some states, an affidavit will still go on the record, and should any future complaints be filed, or recent accusations made against the same individual, than this will serve to give credibility towards other victims.

We see men bravely come forward now on a weekly/monthly basis who are speaking for the first times publicly about abuse/rape they suffered as children by the hands of trusted men of their childhood communities: Priests/Preachers, Teachers, Coaches, Scout Leaders, or their friend's fathers, etc..
We believe them, although decades may have past, and they have no evidence other than their own memories and experiences to tell.

This should be no different for anyone else: not women, children, teens - IDC if the victim is a sex trade worker/prostitute/street addict, there is never a point where "too much time has past" when it concerns sex crimes, nor should anyone coming forward at any point be shamed, harassed, called a liar, or forced to flee their homes for finally achieving the courage and self-esteem to report a horrifying incident that they were forced to endure by another person - ever.

The fact that we have to ask ourselves a question like this in the 21st century is repugnant.
Every single woman who's ever lived has had to endure some form of sexual harassment, sexual assault/unwanted touching, to outright rape.
Every. Single. Woman. throughout time.

Yet we've been taught forever to stay silent, don't tell, it's a woman's cross to bear, no one will believe you, etc., to the outrageous and extremes of: "You're over-reacting", "Can't you take a joke?", "I was just playing around.", "What the hell is wrong with you feminists?", etc..

E N O U G H

It's past time to stay silent, and just take it, while it insidiously and slowly destroys all of one's sense of self-worth and one's ability to know and understand that they are a person within their own rights and have the right to choose their independence and make all of their own choices in life as adults.
This must stop, and our generation must be the ones to start insuring that future generations will learn, know and continue to be committed to halting as much of this as possible.
There will always be some who rape/abuse, but we can see to it that we teach our children early and often that these things are NEVER OKAY, and that they understand this to the point that the great majority of them will be repulsed by the concept, and that they know to speak up and repot it should they see or experience it as quickly as they are able.
No one said not to report
But rational people don’t want to hear about a feel up from 35 years ago, especially if you can’t remember a single detail, not even where you were at the time

It’s not ok to ruin someone’s life because you don’t like their politics

Last edited:
It's too late.

I won. I out lived my molester.

If we're talking about Ford, she should shut up already. She wasn't raped. She wasn't a survivor. To call her a survivor is god damn insulting to people who have actually survived a real rape crisis.

Exactly -- Ford was more concerned that she would be in trouble for underage drinking than anything that happened between her and whatever boy got to second base with her that night before someone came into the room and jumped on the bed and she ran to the bathroom embarrassed about it. Her claim is not only an insult to genuine rape and sexual assault victims, but a slap to all the feminists who fought for the right to be sluts if they want to be !!!

It’s not ok to ruin someone’s life because you don’t like their politics
Often these days it's politically motivated.
Staying silent for several years, sometimes because you were paid to be silent. Then talking for your own expediency?Mostly, because the news media features the celebrity who agrred to be paid off and now decides there is more money in blabbing and playing te victim. Once you agree to be paid for silence , you have agreed to let other people be subject to the same abuse.
Fuck you. You can't have both a payoff then victimhood
More realistically, let's discuss ordinary citizens and their experiences. in that realm, outside of college Title IX political correctness and coll egesfear of losing federal funding.... A person must report the crime ASAP, get a rape kit and prosecute in a regular court of law. If there is evidence, law will help you. If it's allegation and no proof, you are screwed just like proving any other crime. There must be evidence of the crime. Get a rape kit. Call 911 for assistance. Tell your dad or your brother and let them beat the shit out of the perp.
No allegations, no moral high ground: Evidence.
There is plenty of victim advocacy these days.
The opportunity is there, victims can sieze it.
OMG, some guy squeezed my tits with my consent, but then he went too far! And now he must be destroyed because I feel violated. I wish more LGBTQWERTY folks would come forward about being taken advantage of but they are a small % of the population.
Again, there are so many terrible events in other countries. Young teen sisters were gang raped and hung from a mango tree in India just because they were Untouchables and pooped in a pasture and some guys came across them and violated them. I am so much more worried about that.

Last edited:
Yet we've been taught forever to stay silent, don't tell, it's a woman's cross to bear, no one will believe you, etc..

No we haven't ... I never once heard that in my life ... and Christine Ford didn't report this sexual assault that wasn't because she heard that message either ... she stepped forward with a false claim of rape because she wanted to up end a judges nomination to the supreme court.
That was her motivation ...

, or forced to flee their homes for finally achieving the courage and self-esteem to report a horrifying incident that they were forced to endure by another person - ever.

Achieving the courage and self -esteem ???

She's a doctor, she's already esteemed and accomplished and lets tell the truth ... she was not forced to flee her home. She left her home before this story even broke in anticipation of the criticism that she knew would come from levelling a false sexual assault allegation against a nominee for the supreme court.

Lastly what she endured was fear from her parents ... and some shame at being seen in bed with a boy who was on second base and hoping for a home run, until someone else jumped on the bed.

We read about horrific assaults here everyday ... we know the difference.

Elizabeth Smart ..suffered through a horrific assault ... Shasta Groene suffered through a horrific assault ... Jaycee Dugard suffered a horrific assault ... and so on .. and so on. The girls in Cleveland suffered horrific assaults ... Christine Blasey Ford is simply suffering through the democrats ...

Last edited:
Achieving the courage and self -esteem ???
I agree with your statement regarding Ford.
The real discussion has to be ordinary people. Not celebritries, or any political axe grinding.

Even Elizabeth Smart, she's a minor celebrity in the aftermath, but she was nobody when it started. We have to look at why even her own sister didn't run screaming to the parents the moment Elizabeth was dragged from the bedroom, but waited a few hours out of fear. We have to ask why Smart led her kidnappers to her own cousin's bedroom window so they could acquire another young blond virgin.
It's not just the asshole who stole her, but why didn't the girls scream for their father the moment that creep entered her bedroom?That's the problem: didn't she believe her parents would help if she screamed for help? Fucking creepy!
It's a complicated question.

Last edited:
You absolutely count. Every victim deserves an opportunity to speak their truth and to know that they were heard. <3

Thanks. But had I sat on that allegation for nearly 3 decades, only to report it to the political opposition of the accused (not law enforcement), at the most disruptive moment possible and then refuse to elaborate unless my ridiculous conditions are met - I would expect to be called a lying whore.

Christine Ford's claims were as credible as any other. The way it has been handled by her and the democrats destroyed that. No one in the media is prepared to say it, but she is a lying whore. She just another delusional vagina hat wearing liberal Trump hater. These people convince themselves that the ends justifies the means, if it takes destroying an innocent man and his family to hurt Trump, then so be it.

Last edited:
Reminds me of Justin Trudeau, Self Proclaimed Feminist Prime Minister of Canada. Didn't he instruct men not to mansplain but to listen to the ladies? He's so sensitive. Don't your dare call him condescending, look how often he wipes his tears away!
He was stern about anyone else accused of sexual improprieties. Didn't he turn on one of his male ministers over allegations? We must believe the victim!!
And when the spotlight turned on his own 15+ year old impropriety of pawing some lady journalist he claimed he didn't remember it that way, it seemed consensual at the time, people remember things in different ways, but he's sorry now. After all he's still a Feminist.

Oh dear, I'm afraid what could be a useful discussion of why women, men, children, and trans people in ordinary life - not celebrities - and not folks with a political axe to grind - do or do not report sex crimes is going to descend into another political thread. Right after that other one was locked. SIGH

You absolutely count. Every victim deserves an opportunity to speak their truth and to know that they were heard. <3

Sometimes you can be a victim, not speak out ... not be heard and be fine. Lots of times actually ... like look at Ford ... she didn't say a word and became a doctor. But I agree men can be victims of sexual assault and rape too!

Oh dear, I'm afraid what could be a useful discussion of why women, men, children, and trans people in ordinary life - not celebrities - and not folks with a political axe to grind - do or do not report sex crimes is going to descend into another political thread. Right after that other one was locked. SIGH

Good thing everyday people vote ...

We must believe the victim!!

Justin Trudeau ... okay fine. But I think Jian Ghomeshi is who we should be talking about ... thank god for the courts because he was ultimately found innocent, and the 'We must believe the victim' mentality wrecked his life.

I think MUST Believe ... should be replaced with ... we must CONSIDER.

We don't have to accept anything, including rape or sexual assault claims. After all ... some of them are bogus.

Last edited:
Apparently the over the edge nut case hasn’t been informed of the thread so it’s remained civil

I wonder if Harvey W will be found guilty ... I guess if Ghomeshi's verdict came down ... anything could happen.

Screw Weinstien. Throw away the key for the rapes but I'm getting really sick of actresses who are disgusted with themselves for sleeping with a pig of a man to benefit their own careers claiming 'victim' status. Selling your coochie doesn't make you a victim.

Screw Weinstien. Throw away the key for the rapes but I'm getting really sick of actresses who are disgusted with themselves for sleeping with a pig of a man to benefit their own careers claiming 'victim' status. Selling your coochie doesn't make you a victim.

What do you mean screw Harvey ... he could very well be innocent.

I agree that these women are at the top of the prostitution food chain, though.

He could be, so it's fortunate that he will face a trial by a jury of his peers or a judge. One accusation could easily be a lie, dozens are probably not.

Jian Ghomeshi had more than one accuser .. .and Harvey is ten times bigger than him so it makes sense that he might have more accusers, and from here people chose to level allegations against him to salvage their own reputations. Like look at Uncle Terry for suck sakes ... it took years before the big magazines distanced themselves from him.

Back