• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Hat tip @Sugar Cookie

A six-year-old boy has had to undergo plastic surgery to reconstruct his face after he was mauled by his 'loveable' family dog.

Camdon Bozbell was at his grandmother's house in Schoolcraft, Michigan on April 18 and was attacked when he got up to get a snack by Chaos the five-year-old pit bull.
full

His grandmother heard his screams and raced out of the bathroom to tear the pet away from the child but he suffered horrific injuries including a broken nose, skull fracture, and nerve damage.
[....]
Lent works jobs as a receptionist and cleaner.

She had left the boy with his grandmother after she was called into work at the last minute but an hour later police called and she had to drive 90 minutes to Bronson Hospital in Kalamazoo where she waited 30 minutes to see her son.

'They wouldn't let me see Camdon at first and then a nurse came out and said "good news he's breathing on his own" and I freaked out – I thought why wouldn't he be?' Lent said.

Her son's face was wrapped in gauze so she didn't know the extent of his injuries until he came out of surgery.
full

The boy had to have many stitches and has suffered permanent scarring. His nose will need to be rebuilt due to tissue loss.
[....]
Lent couldn't believe the amount of damage the dog was able to do and noted that Chaos has been around children for years and had never shown any signs of aggression.
full
full

Lent said the family will never know why the dog attacked her son, whether it was related to the child's sudden movement or if Chaos wanted the food.

'He was called Chaos, but that name did not suit his temperament at all,' Lent explained.

She previously told Fox 17 that when she tells people the story she doesn't want to tell them the breed because the stigma around pit bulls.

Kalamazoo County Animal Control is investigating the case. The dog's current whereabouts is unclear.
full

'If the dog had attacked him an inch or two below and got Camdon's throat, my son would be dead,' Lent said as she warned parents not to leave their children alone with a dog.

'The dog was not even an inch from his eyes. I'm just happy his ears and eyes were okay.'

The child bravely rode in the ambulance alone due to the COVID-19 pandemic and displayed optimism when he was discharged from hospital on April 20 to recover at home, saying: 'I'm glad that dog didn't kill me, I didn't want to die.'

However his mother – who also has a nine-year-old daughter named Janessa - thinks he will have to undergo counselling at a later date.

A GoFundMe fundraiser set up by his aunt has raised nearly $40,000 of a $2,000 goal.

'The scars don't bother Camdon but people stare in the grocery store and that upsets him, especially when they ask what happened,' Lent said.
full

'The trauma is not over. It's going to be something that we're going to deal with for the rest of his life.'

Last edited by a moderator:
She previously told Fox 17 that when she tells people the story she doesn't want to tell them the breed because the stigma around pit bulls.

Wow, living in denial despite what happened. The breed is very high prey drive and very high physical power, they are known for this kind of thing. Child relatively-quickly standing up triggered the dog's prey drive.

Some ppl kinda dumb sorry but srs.

Hat tip @Sugar Cookie

Kalamazoo County Animal Control is investigating the case. The dog's current whereabouts is unclear.

It looks like both granny (the owner) and mom are protecting this vicious animal instead of the poor, traumatized little boy. That dog mauled a child, and there is no reason to think he won't do it again. He needs to be euthanized. Goes to show where these trashy people place their priorities.

It looks like both granny (the owner) and mom are protecting this vicious animal instead of the poor, traumatized little boy. That dog mauled a child, and there is no reason to think he won't do it again. He needs to be euthanized. Goes to show where these trashy people place their priorities.

Thing is -

The whole breed has this maniacal prey drive characteristic and there is kind-of a question, here. If this one should be euthanized outright, than kind-of, they all should be.

In this situation - in theory - if this individual dog is managed properly, in the way that all pit bulls should be, and never permitted to be in the company of children or other animals/people that can trigger this, it's possible that it could live the rest of its life without attacking someone else.

HOWEVER I do think this is the wrong choice for an elderly person (such as, any grandma). If that grandma falls on the floor (as can happen to grandmas) and writhes around a little, I would expect the dog to attack her and kill her.

So, maybe her choice to keep the dog will be her death. If she insists on it not being euthanized, the only sensible option for her is to find a better-suited home for it. But if she keeps it and it kills her .. shrug ... she had warning. Hard to feel sorry for stupid.

There are professionals who can evaluate if it's among one of the 'worst' ones. On some pit bulls they do recommend euthanization.

What I get from the description of the attack is that if the dog had been properly-managed in the first place, the attack could not have happened. Kids with unpredictable movements can be a trigger with these, it's just how it is. A sensible pit bull owner won't play Russian roulette with kids, pretending like their pet pit bull is a fucking golden retriever.

I saw this news through this forum and register here just to say that I would have bought a gun blow dog head off or leave the dog in some jungle.

“Leave the dog in some jungle”? That won’t help this kid - it only indulges your appetite for more violence.

In situations like these its important to focus helping the victim to heal, not torturing an animal who is clearly not able to be around kids.

In this situation - in theory - if this individual dog is managed properly, in the way that all pit bulls should be, and never permitted to be in the company of children or other animals/people that can trigger this, it's possible that it could live the rest of its life without attacking someone else

Last year, there were numerous cases posted here where pit bulls attacked and killed their adult owners. Those cases were mostly youngish, healthy people, and still they died. I think one case involved a cane corso, and all the rest were pit bulls. There was even a case a couple years back where a family adopted a "rehabilitated" dog from a pit bull rescue group, and the same day they brought it home, it attacked grandma in front of the rest of the family and killed her. She did not fall down first.

If the grandma in this case chooses to keep the dog that mauled her grandson, that means he can't really come to her house any more (which he was obviously used to doing). None of her other grandkids should be around it either. So her choice to value the vicious dog over her grandkids is selfish and stupid, IMHO.

The whole breed has this maniacal prey drive characteristic and there is kind-of a question, here. If this one should be euthanized outright, than kind-of, they all should be.
https://www.aspca.org/about-us/aspca-policy-and-position-statements/position-statement-pit-bulls

Some pit bulls were selected and bred for their fighting ability. That means that they may be more likely than other breeds to fight with dogs. It doesn’t mean that they can’t be around other dogs or that they’re unpredictably aggressive. Other pit bulls were specifically bred for work and companionship. These dogs have long been popular family pets, noted for their gentleness, affection and loyalty. And even those pit bulls bred to fight other animals were not prone to aggressiveness toward people. Dogs used for fighting needed to be routinely handled by people; therefore aggression toward people was not tolerated. Any dog that behaved aggressively toward a person was culled, or killed, to avoid passing on such an undesirable trait. Research on pet dogs confirms that dog aggressive dogs are no more likely to direct aggression toward people than dogs that aren’t aggressive to other dogs.

It is likely that that the vast majority of pit bull type dogs in our communities today are the result of random breeding—two dogs being mated without regard to the behavioral traits being passed on to their offspring. The result of random breeding is a population of dogs with a wide range of behavioral predispositions. For this reason it is important to evaluate and treat each dog, no matter its breed, as an individual.

Yup - this was indeed horrible. But, way to many times , have witness first hand children tormenting / teasing animals to the point they just snap. Not blaming kid, not blaming animal. Could have been in protect mode..... Kid could have gotten up and ran, making noise while going for the snack who knows??? Was not there .

Poor kid, poor dog, poor gram ma .

Doesn't matter the breed - Seen a Husky, tear into a Lambs throat, like it was chocolate cake. And leave a murder scene of chickens in its path. Seen a Dash hound, bite a kids face.
Saw the aftermath, of a poodle bite, of the buttocks of a elder person.

Fucking idiots and their idiotic choice in dogs. Pitbulls are such fucking filth. Even if you arent a straight up thug and just a moron, even if you arent criminally inclined, chances are the pitbull puppy you just bought likely was bred from fighting stock, bred by folks who ARE into the criminal shit.

Pitbulls exist for one reason only, to be insidious disgusting violent monsters. THere's a reason thug trash make up 99% of their ownership.

Theyre fucking hideous too. No clue why anyone would want one as a pet, well again, other then stupidity.

Fucking moron is STILL trying to sugarcoat it, doesnt want to say the name of the breed when relaying the story. Stupid bitch.

I find it so annoying when people say "Pit bulls aren't aggresive! Mine is a sweetheart!" Like okay, a dog that was bred for generations FOR fighting wouldn't have any chance of being aggresive right? :penguin: Even if they have not been bred for that for a long time, it is STILL in their genetics. I'm not saying all pitbulls are bad, or I hate them, but people need to realize every breed of dog is different and requires different training and handling techniques. So many unqualified people get a pitbull because it looks "cool" or "intimidating" without fully realizing the kind of training required to ensure the dog is brought up well and safely.

sweet precious boy.. it could have been much worse.. I had two pitties.. they lived about 12 years.. around all animals (babies & adults) on the farm and slept with the kids at night.. I agree with the genetic aspect of no respect of traits and mixed trait breeding.. my two were gentle souls.. I also started them in training classes EARLY.. I didn't want any behavioral problems from the beginning.. it takes a certain type of personality/mentality in all honesty. to own a pit.. most people who own them aren't good matches for the breed, they don't put the time in training and working with them and are idiots to begin with.. I loved my two and so did my girls.. this young man is lucky..

I saw this news through this forum and register here just to say that I would have bought a gun blow dog head off or leave the dog in some jungle.
I dont have any jungles near me. But for sure the dog would be dead.

Welcome to The Den.
Stick around and post with us.
Post automatically merged:

Ditto that BlackP ---- Thanks, PrettyP :)

my dog fear is Shar Pei 's they scare the b jeepers out of me, no clue why
You are smart to fear Shar Pei's.
Chows, Akitas are bad news as well.

“Leave the dog in some jungle”? That won’t help this kid - it only indulges your appetite for more violence.

In situations like these its important to focus helping the victim to heal, not torturing an animal who is clearly not able to be around kids.
What I meant by leaving the dog in jungle means the dog like that is not compatible with society it's wild so it's better to live it in wild.

You
@blackprince we don't torture animals here, but welcome new friend
Won't be saying this if it happens to you,
If he chew your face.

Last edited:
Dogs, just like people, learn this kind of behavior. This isn’t rocket science but it does take effort and time. If you don’t want your dogs to be violent and aggressive, you have to be a involved owner and teach them to curb those tendencies. Same for kids- if you don’t want them to run wild then you have to be a vigilant parent and teach them to not behave like that.

Dogs, just like people, learn this kind of behavior. This isn’t rocket science but it does take effort and time. If you don’t want your dogs to be violent and aggressive, you have to be a involved owner and teach them to curb those tendencies. Same for kids- if you don’t want them to run wild then you have to be a vigilant parent and teach them to not behave like that.

It's much more complicated than that, depending upon the dog involved. Like, much discussion here.

Back