• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
I watched SALT last night with Angelina Jolie. Goddamn movie was full of action. Jolie was kick ass but needed to be fed some goddamn food. She was so skinny. LOL I was on the edge of my seat through all the twists and turns of this flick. It was recommended by a couple of friends and hey, I was not disappointed at all. Not much on Jolie's looks but she is a good actress.

@Darkstar - I thought is was an ok movie but god every single twist was soooo predictible. I guessed everything that was going to happen way before it did. Granted, I do that with most movies but this one was a bit easier to figure out. I loved that it had constant action, no boring lulls like so many other movies.

I watched It Might Get Loud last night at the recommendation of my older sister. It was an excellent musical documentary featuring the guitar greats, Jimmy Page, Jack White and The Edge. I am huge fan of Page and Jack White but was really turned on and tuned into The Edge. This documentary just had no dull moments. It went back and forth between the 3 guitarists from childhood to now. So much information about guitars and music...and the jam session at the end blew my ass away. I have always had a huge respect for the guitar...It has grown even more after listening to these 3 guitar gods.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1229360/

http://www.amazon.com/Might-Get-Loud-Blu-ray/dp/B002RVZV9U/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1298130609&sr=8-2

Spartacus Gods of the Arena, Part 5, but you got to watch all 5 parts to get here, 5 star Starz series...

I watched It Might Get Loud last night at the recommendation of my older sister. It was an excellent musical documentary featuring the guitar greats, Jimmy Page, Jack White and The Edge. I am huge fan of Page and Jack White but was really turned on and tuned into The Edge. This documentary just had no dull moments. It went back and forth between the 3 guitarists from childhood to now. So much information about guitars and music...and the jam session at the end blew my ass away. I have always had a huge respect for the guitar...It has grown even more after listening to these 3 guitar gods.

Just finished watching about an hour ago...It was FANTASTIC! I LOVE guitars! Jimmy Page has been my favorite guitar player for years! I never really got into U2...but seeing The Edge on this documentary, I have a new respect for him. Jack White...eccentric but one hell of a guitar player, I like his passion for old blues! In the one scene where The Edge ask Jimmy a question about the song KASHMIR...priceless, watching The Edge take on the form of a student asking the master how to play. Watching Jack White just absorb it all..WOW! Then like you said DS all the jams were GREAT! Then at the end with each an acoustic, doing a rendition of The Band's "The Weight" ! F'ing GREAT!!!!! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT!

I definitely will watch this AGAIN! But not till I get home! LOL

Saturday is movie night so my gf, my neice, and i watched two movies..we saw grown ups and despicable me (i am so hugging redbox right now)..when i get home from work i am going to be watching the new saw movie

Saturday is movie night so my gf, my neice, and i watched two movies..we saw grown ups and despicable me (i am so hugging redbox right now)..when i get home from work i am going to be watching the new saw movie

I wasn't too impressed with Grown Ups but I loved Despicable Me. That was some funny shite. :)

Inception...... See it! Then see it again! It is better the second time! :hello:

inception_movie_poster_01.jpg

I just watched this tonight. this movie is one of those you either love or really hate it type film.

My mother in law walked out never to return after 15mins of it. I and my husband on the other hand thought it was really good and thought provoking. in fact I plan on watching again later to settle questions in my head about what I think I seen.

I recommend it but only if your not distracted by other things. we waited till our toddler was asleep or we would have totally been lost.

Adam Resurrected...

"In the aftermath of WWII, a former circus entertainer who was spared from the gas chamber becomes the ringleader at an asylum for Holocaust survivors."

Shitty description, its really much better... Strange to see a different new Israel, when they still got along with the Palestinians.

Last edited:
I just watched this tonight. this movie is one of those you either love or really hate it type film.

My mother in law walked out never to return after 15mins of it. I and my husband on the other hand thought it was really good and thought provoking. in fact I plan on watching again later to settle questions in my head about what I think I seen.

I recommend it but only if your not distracted by other things. we waited till our toddler was asleep or we would have totally been lost.

I hated it. Not because it was a bad movie, but because I prefer mindless entertainment.

I saw "The Switch".

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0889573/

An unmarried 40-year-old woman turns to a turkey baster in order to become pregnant. Seven years later, she reunites with her best friend, who has been living with a secret: he replaced her preferred sperm sample with his own.

Hate Jennifer Aniston usually but the kid in this was really good and Jason Bateman saved it. I thought it was pretty cute for a chick flick.

(For every 5 foreign horror movies i make her watch kiki makes me watch a chick flick and some of them are just awful. Sweet Home Alabama anyone?)

I saw "The Switch".

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0889573/

Hate Jennifer Aniston usually but the kid in this was really good and Jason Bateman saved it. I thought it was pretty cute for a chick flick.

(For every 5 foreign horror movies i make her watch kiki makes me watch a chick flick and some of them are just awful. Sweet Home Alabama anyone?)

I'm with you on the foreign horror...did you ever end up watching Irreversible?

Not yet. I have to wait till the baby is in bed and by that time i usually forget.

Don't watch "The Horseman" no matter what anyone says. It is a shitty, shitty version of Law Abiding Citizen.

I have tended lately to watch a lot of police procedurals and other grim fare. My daughter is particularly grossed out by the glut of Criminal Minds I have been enjoying. (She never gets to see the Dexter episodes, but is aware of them, too.) She thinks my TV is awful. Since she's home sick, I've been trying to find things that she might like (and me, too) that have less disturbing storylines. So, this past weekend we found A League of Their Own.

Just today we watched Marilyn Hotchkiss' Ballroom Dancing and Charm School. Wouldn't you know, the start of the movie has a man almost severed in half during a car accident. However, you don't get to see the full immensity of the injury and could possibly miss the EMT telling the protagonist about it. It's a very enjoyable movie about coming of age, life choices, and second chances. Not terribly deep or hard to follow, and minus the usual gimmicks. No car chases, no big fights, no getting even or karma coming home to rest.

Just today we watched Marilyn Hotchkiss' Ballroom Dancing and Charm School. Wouldn't you know, the start of the movie has a man almost severed in half during a car accident. However, you don't get to see the full immensity of the injury and could possibly miss the EMT telling the protagonist about it. It's a very enjoyable movie about coming of age, life choices, and second chances. Not terribly deep or hard to follow, and minus the usual gimmicks. No car chases, no big fights, no getting even or karma coming home to rest.

There is no way I'm gonna be able to talk the boy into sitting through this one. I'll watch it my myself.

[MENTION=3446]Tundratot[/MENTION] - I'm a Criminal Minds addict, and my 14 yr old is just as addicted as I am. It's the only show on tv that I actually HAVE to watch...well that and RuPauls Drag Race. :)

[MENTION=2450]Obsolete[/MENTION] I recently decided to watch all the episodes I could, having not watched it for years. I love "finding" a show that's been around for a while and catching it almost daily in reruns. So this was a real treat.

[MENTION=3358]VXIII[/MENTION] Adam Resurrected sounds interesting. I'll check it out.

[MENTION=3446]Tundratot[/MENTION] - I'm a Criminal Minds addict, and my 14 yr old is just as addicted as I am. It's the only show on tv that I actually HAVE to watch...well that and RuPauls Drag Race. :)

I watch every episode of criminal minds....love it.

I recently saw The Black Swan...anyone? omg, loved it.

I'm unlikely to see it until it comes out on DVD (Black Swan, that is). I rarely get out to see adult interest movies, much less something that must be a chick flick (I mean, ballet, right?). If it doesn't feature cartoon characters, CG or 3D, or explosions, I'm outvoted on theater excursions.

Most recently we went to see Rango, which was very fun and spaghetti western-ish. It pays a lot of homage to Clint Eastwood, James Garner, maybe even Indian Jones. In fact, there's a character that is clearly meant to be Clint Eastwood in his man with no name garb, driving around a golf cart, and the back is stuffed with Oscars. LOL!

Today I finally tried out Netflix' download feature and watch the old silent classic The Shiek. What a hoot. I forgot how very differently actors plied their craft in the silent films. With the faces that Valentino was pulling, it was hard to believe this guy was the heartthrob of the age. Still, the heroine was no better. But, it was fun nonetheless to see all the desert romance tropes played out (leaping off the page).

Last edited:
Hey guys... If you have HBO Go, "We Are What We Are" is streaming until late November. A family of cannibals struggles to affirm family roles and continue their lives when they lose their patriarch... Good times!

Back