• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Blunderbuss Firozabad

Made of Pumpkin pie
Bold Member!
1000015364.jpg

Florida Bear.

The hypothetical question-

"If you were alone in the woods, would you rather encounter a bear or a man? "

-is everywhere on social media.

The way I heard it told was a husband asking his wife the question, she gives her answer, he's slightly insulted, then she asks him would he rather their young daughter be in the woods with a man or a bear, and he has a dawning of realization...

So, that's the message we're supposed to receive.
That chances are, any man you encounter is likely to have bad intentions, be opportunistic, and be more violent and dangerous that a wild bear.

And in return, from men, some are responding with things like-

"A bear. I wouldn’t want to be falsely accused of rape."

-amplifying the miserable notion we can't trust one another, anyone that's not exacty like us should be automatically feared

What are your answers?

I'd like to point out in advance that if you're a guy and you feel miffed that some women answer bear, then I'd like to know how a transgendered woman in a busy gym locker room seems more dangerous to you (if you've voiced that opinion) than a man in the woods?

Me? I'd pick a human man. Because any bears might eat him first. Increases my odds of getting away. Lol. Jk

And because all men aren't monsters, just waiting till they have a chance to do women harm. They're normal people that feel bad if they forget a friend's birthday, cried when they watched Brian's Song, and would happily stop their car for a family of ducks to cross the road.
Generalized distrust of all men ìs just dangerous laziness. Everyone, women AND men, need to keep their observational skills sharp, make smart decisions, and maybe not wander the woods alone, unprepared? If you're willing to bash a threat over the head with a rock, you're better off doing that to a human man, I think.

Frankly, I'd rather not run into anyone in the woods, male, female, bear, skunk

The memes that have sprung up are a whole side industry.

I'll share one...

1000015365.jpg

This whole thread was just an excuse to post this meme

View attachment 109443
Florida Bear.

The hypothetical question-

"If you were alone in the woods, would you rather encounter a bear or a man? "

-is everywhere on social media.

The way I heard it told was a husband asking his wife the question, she gives her answer, he's slightly insulted, then she asks him would he rather their young daughter be in the woods with a man or a bear, and he has a dawning of realization...

So, that's the message we're supposed to receive.
That chances are, any man you encounter is likely to have bad intentions, be opportunistic, and be more violent and dangerous that a wild bear.

And in return, from men, some are responding with things like-

"A bear. I wouldn’t want to be falsely accused of rape."

-amplifying the miserable notion we can't trust one another, anyone that's not exacty like us should be automatically feared

What are your answers?

I'd like to point out in advance that if you're a guy and you feel miffed that some women answer bear, then I'd like to know how a transgendered woman in a busy gym locker room seems more dangerous to you (if you've voiced that opinion) than a man in the woods?

Me? I'd pick a human man. Because any bears might eat him first. Increases my odds of getting away. Lol. Jk

And because all men aren't monsters, just waiting till they have a chance to do women harm. They're normal people that feel bad if they forget a friend's birthday, cried when they watched Brian's Song, and would happily stop their car for a family of ducks to cross the road.
Generalized distrust of all men ìs just dangerous laziness. Everyone, women AND men, need to keep their observational skills sharp, make smart decisions, and maybe not wander the woods alone, unprepared? If you're willing to bash a threat over the head with a rock, you're better off doing that to a human man, I think.

Frankly, I'd rather not run into anyone in the woods, male, female, bear, skunk

The memes that have sprung up are a whole side industry.

I'll share one...

View attachment 109447

This whole thread was just an excuse to post this meme

I just listened to a great Ted talk about the whole men VS women debacle. Another user had posted it on another thread, can't recall which one.

It's worth a listen. He brings up important ways to counteract the idea that it's "men (the predators) vs. women (the victims)" and how we all collectively suffer by giving in to this mentality.

Gender issues are everyone's issues. Turns out, we all have a gender!
Post automatically merged:

One more related ted talk.

A nod to male survivors of domestic violence:

Last edited:
@notausername Very worthwhile to watch, thanks for adding it to the thread.
Such good points, I hope everyone watches it.
Social toleration, smh.

In the question posed it's not specified what kind of bear it is that leaps out from behind a tree where it's been waiting patiently for you (or stirring up a nice bowl of porridge for you to eat after a comfy nap in it's guest room) but I'll take a swing and show an image a local-to-my-friend took in Yosemite ...

1000015373.jpg

Here's the photo without type on it, some other comparison pictures that he inserted himself in and the more auburn colored bears I believe are Grizzlies in Alaska

1000015386.jpg

Tip- Don't wear a salmon costume on your walk in the woods.

One of my friends asked me this lol.

If I had to choose between a bear and my husband, and the bear was friendly, I would choose the bear. Not because I dont trust my husband, or thats Im a dick, its just that he has zero survival instinct/skills. He would not be able to protect me from predators, or obtain food.

Now if the bear was aggressive, fuck that shit.

Back