• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
I was born in 1970. My first super clear memory is Cinderella in 1972. Then Sleeping Beauty and Bambi in 1973, as well as others. In 1974 my mother took me to see Mel Brooks' Young Frankenstein. I never laughed so hard in my life and we saw it 3 times in the theater. That was also the same year as Blazing Saddles, which we also saw 3 times. This was back when movies ran in theaters sometimes for months. I grew up in a world with zero restrictions on movies and television viewing and I raised my kids the same way. Man...I haven't seen Young Frankenstein in years. I should pop that in the player!!

Mine is 'My Little Pony and the Purple Scmooze'....scared the bejeezus out of me, but I still watched it like 50 times!

Ha, I almost said this movie, I remember it so clearly! I was 14 or 15, babysitting 3 kids (all sleeping.) That movie scared the bejesus outta me. To this day, picturing Danny floating outside the window & scritching his nails on it FREAKS ME OUT.

[MENTION=880]OMalley[/MENTION] omg you remember the kid's name!!!! I got mean flashbacks of the fog and then Danny tapping on the window.

I vaguely remember bits and pieces of Tubby the Tuba. The 1975 version. Fuck, I'm old.

I don't know. I think I remember most the hulk movie was my first. Since I slept with spider man comic book til I was 3 when I got a t shirt to sleep in then to a stuffed spidey the hulk should've been exciting but I hid behind the couch instead.

You were 3 in 1995? Jesus, I don't feel old at all now. That was the year I graduated from High School.

the thing when the guys head turned into the spider. i was up way to late to watch it and once i did i realized why i had a bed time.

You were 3 in 1995? Jesus, I don't feel old at all now. That was the year I graduated from High School.

My first kid was 3 in 1995--and I was knocked up.. And to stay on topic, I am glad so many Disney movies are coming out of the vault this year, have already picked up Lion King, Dumbo and Bambi for Tater--so far he prefers Lion King because he loves the singing.

I don't remember what the movie's called since I was 5 & just moved to Puerto Rico but it was on tv & I saw a bit in my neighbor's house. The image I remember was of a samurai sword flying/floating out of a closet & a woman (with 80's feathered hair) grabs it. She then gets possessed & is a jacuzzi with this old guy. She has a ring with a sharp little stick on it that has poison & when she leans in to kiss the old guy she stabs him with the ring.

Couldn't watch after that.

The other movies that I remember are:

PORKY's, It, and my aunt took my brother & I to the movies to watch Little Mermaid & we ended up watching: National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. Needless to say, I was pissed off & bored, my brother fell asleep & to this day I don't find any movie with Chevy Chase in it funny nor have I seen those National Lampoon movies either.

Child's Play. Nothing like being 5 years old and locking all your life like toys/dolls in the closet for fear of them stealing your body.

First movie in a movie theater was The Lion King.

Moby Dick, I never got to see the ending as Ahab was flapping around tied to the whale by the harpoon ropes.

The Ghost and Mr. Chicken with Don Knotts, I was scared shitless for 5 years after that. It was all a gag and again, I never got to see the ending.

Deep Throat with Linda Lovelace, it changed my life.

It's a year after I graduated from college and I took two years off between college and high school. I'm old, you aren't, love.

The Ghost and Mr. Chicken with Don Knotts, I was scared shitless for 5 years after that. It was all a gag and again, I never got to see the ending.

There's just something inherently scary about Don Knotts; The Incredible Mr. Limpet scarred me for life.

I have vague memories of being taken in my PJs to see a very late showing of Star Wars, the one where the identity of Darth Vader was revealed. I remember standing in the lobby looking at a cardboard display of Darth Vader and feeling sleepy.

MV5BMTk3OTIzODUyOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNjgxNjA5._V1._SY317_CR9,0,214,317_.jpg

I would have been about 5, it was playing at the outdoor theater at the base in GTMO. I seem to remember sitting on concrete while we watched it.

Last edited:
It's a jumble which one came first in a movie theatre, but I saw Star Wars and Jaws when they came out at the drive in when I was very little. I also remember seeing the Aristocats, Hanger 18, Mary Poppins, and the very first Star Trek film.

Then there's Jesus Christ Superstar and Wizard of Oz.

Wow! I forgot I even created this thread. I even missed it when it was dug out of the grave back in May. I just stopped in to slap [MENTION=405]Nell[/MENTION] for dissing on Halloween III, the best film out of the entire franchise aside from the first. :p

Casper- 1995 3 years ols saw it with my mum.

That makes ME feel old... I remember swooning over Devon Sawa... he was Casper, and while you only saw him at the bit where they danced together, still swoon! (I think I was nine lol) He must have been in something else cuz that's certainly not where he got his name, but he replaced my obsession w/ JTT.

That makes ME feel old... I remember swooning over Devon Sawa... he was Casper, and while you only saw him at the bit where they danced together, still swoon! (I think I was nine lol) He must have been in something else cuz that's certainly not where he got his name, but he replaced my obsession w/ JTT.

Now you go and make me feel old... I was 25 in 1995.

Disney's Robin Hood. My father took me to see it for my third or fourth birthday while my mother stayed at home with my baby sister. We played Robin Hood for years after.

Saw the film again in my late teens and suddenly became aware of the love story that had been hiding in it all along......

I don't remember what the movie's called since I was 5 & just moved to Puerto Rico but it was on tv & I saw a bit in my neighbor's house. The image I remember was of a samurai sword flying/floating out of a closet & a woman (with 80's feathered hair) grabs it. She then gets possessed & is a jacuzzi with this old guy. She has a ring with a sharp little stick on it that has poison & when she leans in to kiss the old guy she stabs him with the ring.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087805/

It is amazing what children will notice "(with 80's feathered hair)" and what will help identify something like that......

Well sleuthed, Obsolete!

YOU ARE MOTHERFUCKING AWESOME!!! I can surely watch it now and relieve the "scary" part of it while laughing.

I am still a fucking scary cat though, I'm just afraid of violent methheads, bath salt zombies, robbing criminals, gangs fighting for territory, serial killers and having DH die without me being able to work.

Thanks for finding this! :marchmellow: :kiss:

[MENTION=628]Abroad[/MENTION]

Oh course! She went into a jacuzzi AND NEVER GOT HER FEATHERED HAIR WET!? WTF!? It still as an adult doesn't make sense to me to go to a pool or jacuzzi and not get your hair wet.

I am biased though. I LOVE swimming.

The first movie I remember going to see is Benji.

OMG, you just made me totally remember Benji.

I saw Star Wars and Jaws at the Drive-in when they were released, and can remember seeing The Rescuers, Mary Poppins and The Aristocats in the theatre.

Not sure which one came first.

Now I'm wondering if I'm taking my 3 year old to movies too young, lol.

Anyone recall that movie from the 80’s called Funhouse? That was one of the 1st movies I watched in a theater and the next day we were going to Coney Island.

2i0x1xs.jpg

Yeah, not the smartest choice. But my parents were fucked up like that. My dad rented Blood Beach the night before taking us to the beach. I sat in fear that the fucking monster would come and suck me in the sand. My parents should e paying for my Therapy.

Back