• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
An 18-year-old girl determined to get inside her family’s locked home wound up stuck inside the chimney, firefighters said.

Firefighters responded to the Henderson, Nevada house to free the teenager from the sooty confines of the brick shaft Tuesday morning.

She apparently attempted to enter the one-story home through the chimney, but could not get past the flue.

It took firefighters about a half hour to rescue her using their truck’s ladder and a rope system.

Henderson firefighters added they are trained in “confined space rescue.”
1623987477502.png

I just don't know how even a 18-yr-old has not heard how chimneys work and how many times some hapless person's corpse has been found in them. She should consider herself very fortunate.

Fireplaces are needed in the desert? For the evenings?

Depending on the time, Tuesday morning was a wonderful 83 and 100, being stuck inside a chimney would not be a fun thing at all.

@Satanica I have a fireplace in my place, seems like lots of houses do, and it's exactly because they saying gets cold at night. I barely put a jacket on the entire winter, so can't really say it was cold

Back