• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

DamagedGoods

Asmodeus - Destroyer of Men
Bold Member!
I can't be the only one here who makes stupid videos of their pets. And I loves me some stupid pet videos, so here are some for you of my critters and I demand many videos in return. Even though this subforum gets no real love and I will probably be doing this for naught but my "Look at my doggies and such!" impulse.

I'll try to at least keep to the more entertaining ones, though my definition of entertaining may differ from yours.

First off we have Ren Vs Snowshovel. Which is inaccurately named as it's not the snow shovel itself that he is not happy with, but the fact that snow is not being shovelled in a place with enough for him to jump for. So he keeps dragging it back to where there is more snow, dropping it and until The Princess comes to retrieve it to finish shovelling the walkway. Rinse and repeat.

And Ren doing a small portion of his Butt Scratch Dance:

And here are Ash and Ren doing a stupid trick together. I don't think I'd recommend this with 2 random dogs.

And here is one of Ren during his first visit to Lake Ontario. Or any lake really. Which is sad since we live 5 miles away. The waves fascinated him. You can see he keeps trying to leave; that's because his brother and his brother from another mother had just left with their people because there wasn't enough room for all of us in one trip. You will also hear me say "Dick!" in this video so, there's that added bonus.

Here we have Ash, getting loved up. Because I just love the look on his face:

I'm just going to copypasta my own description for this next one:

So, because I'm not allowed to teach Ash to give a paw, I've sort of gone overboard teaching it to Ren.

Please forgive him, I've only just started trying to teach him left and right as of yesterday.I taught him "Other" which he has pretty down pat, so I'm upping the ante as it were. I'd also been bugging him with this for a bit even before this, so when he laid down I let him because I know he's gotten bored, and I don't want this to become annoying to him and thus make him not want to do it at all... Still I think he did pretty good.

I'm jealous. My "smart" dog (yes out of the two she's the smart one) found another porcupine and decided to sit on it, got quills in her ass.

Seriously, my dogs are not very bright but they certainly are entertaining.

I'm jealous. My "smart" dog (yes out of the two she's the smart one) found another porcupine and decided to sit on it, got quills in her ass.

Smart dogs are both a blessing and a curse. Though I doubt either of mine would ever go near a porcupine if they'd already met one. Run screaming the other way perhaps...

On the other hand, they've learned that while they will not get away with stealing shit while we're home, once we're gone, we can't do anything about it. If we leave, they watch until they know for sure we're gone and then it's game on. Because they know we can't do anything. And I know this is a purposeful act because at first when we left they still left shit alone. Then they started... testing. A small thing here... a small thing there. Gradually increasing. The dicks.

And the frustration when you give them a command and they ignore you, and you KNOW that they KNOW what you want and they are actively, knowingly NOT doing it. I have to convince them that what I want, is what they want. It takes time to figure out what will convince them, you can't force them, they might obey you... but you're a hell of a lot more likely to get consistent obedience if they want to do it. Shit I'm rambling about crap that no one cares about. Sorry, woke up with a migraine, took stuff with codeine in it and it makes me babble about whatever topic I happen to be thinking about.

What I MEANT to say is.... where are the photos and or videos of these entertaining dogs!? I demand viewage! I am disappoint.

I mean, I love watching my own videos, because I love my dogs. Especially Ren, but don't tell Ash, it's only because he's not technically mine. And also I chose Ren, when I wasn't even planning on getting a puppy... I just fell in love. I mean seriously; look at this face:

gKzc9KC.jpg

But I also love watching other people's animals. I could go to youtube, but I don't know those people.

I will assume porcupine #1 got quills in "smart dogs" face. She wasn't going to have that happen again but still needed to do something about this trespassing creature now known as porcupine #2.

Genius to sit on it rather than let it make ouchies on her face again.

I will assume porcupine #1 got quills in "smart dogs" face. She wasn't going to have that happen again but still needed to do something about this trespassing creature now known as porcupine #2.

Genius to sit on it rather than let it make ouchies on her face again.
For some reason that's even funnier to me as an explanation.

A little background, The chestnut horse was given to me as a 15 month old totally untrained and virtually untouched horse. His first human experience was being loaded in the horse trailer to go to auction. The owner cornered him and wrapped a stud chain on his face and literally pulled him into the trailer with pain.
My friend just happened to be at this farm looking at a pup when all this was happening.
She just felt sorry and told the owner she was pay market price which was $75 for him.

the palomino horse is his father. I a ended up with him 2 years later. Totally starved and beaten. He was dangerous to be around.
I went about cleaning up his bad behavior and making him into one of the finest horses I have ever known. (rest in peace old man.)

Last edited:
I took him to Minnesota horse training academy and we graduated "most improved" and I think we still hold that record today.

What a wonderful growth experience for us both!

<3

I'm sorry for the poor quality here, it's an older video and I had a shitty camera. Also, you might want to mute it as all you can hear is someone sawing in the background. I tried to replace it with those free youtube songs, but the saw is far more enjoyable to listen to than any I could find.

It still breaks my heart that I no longer have her, she was intended for meat originally. I know it's hypocritical in a way, since I'm happy to eat cows, but the thought that she could have been on people's plates instead of following me around like a puppy just... ugh, no words.

I like how she just walks right up to the camera... ? is that food... Nope!

I had 20 horses at one point. Most were on their way to the meat buyers. Over the 10 years I lived in minnesota, I rescued 135 horses total.

For me, Its not so much someone eating them. Its the travel conditions they endure before they get to slaughter.

I am tired now. I have moved to California. I still own 2 horses. I am having them shipped here this fall.

Last edited:

I had 20 horses at one point. Most were on their way to the meat buyers. Over the 10 years I lived in minnesota, I rescued 135 horses total.

For me, Its not so much someone eating them. Its the travel conditions they endure before they get to slaughter.

I am tired now. I have moved to California. I still own 2 horses. I am having them shipped here this fall.
She fell asleep on me once. Well just her head, but that was bad enough. I learned that day that horses snore.

She fell asleep on me once. Well just her head, but that was bad enough. I learned that day that horses snore.

I will never forget the time I saw one of my horses poop while sleeping. I thought for sure it just died. I ran out to it and it just raised its head and looked at me for about 10 seconds and then went back to sleep.

After being an animal control officer an animal pooping while laying down, almost always means death. Horses are just lazy.

edit
Damn I'm home sick for my farm and my horses.

I will never forget the time I saw one of my horses poop while sleeping. I thought for sure it just died. I ran out to it and it just raised its head and looked at me for about 10 seconds and then went back to sleep.

After being an animal control officer an animal pooping while laying down, almost always means death. Horses are just lazy.

edit
Damn I'm home sick for my farm and my horses.
LOL

It was actually a similar situation that lead to her sleeping on me. I went out and saw her on the ground making this awful racket. So I go into her paddock and I sat besides her on the ground and called her name.

She woke up, looked at me with an, "Oh hey it's you! Hi, and welcome new pillow!" and then shifted her head onto my lap and promptly went back to sleep. Leaving me both relieved and crushed... by horse head; those things are heavy, even on smaller horses. I was stuck there for a while.

<3 <3 <3

We had three rescues, but started with Blaze, and Storm who was an old ornery pony that came with her.

Basically they used Storm to get Blaze onto the trailer and, we just took her too, her alternative was not a good one. She was not friendly. Blaze would come right up to you, Storm wanted you to fuck right off. It took me awhile, but eventually I had her allowing me to brush her and trim her mane, and touch her. I used to walk her bring her into my mom's workshop with me while I made stuff. No one else ever could get very near her though; she especially hated kids and men, she'd try to bite or kick if she couldn't run from them. Never ever made a move to bite or kick me, because I waited her out, it took a LONG damned time to get her to trust me enough to touch her body.

A couple years later we ended up with Thunder, who was a stunted half, I think Belgian.

I wish I had some shots of him from when we first got him, but if I had any, they're lost. He came to us so skinny that you could see his spine jutting almost two inches up above his back. Here's one of him a couple months after we got him though:

3708274024_6b0255f704_o.jpg

And here he is after getting to his full size, he should have been taller than Blaze:

3705788575_e94dd24bfe_o.jpg

And here's a shitty video of Storm:

Last edited:
Feeding my dog ice cream. :)

I sound embarrassingly stupid here, but fuck it, I talk sweet to my fur baby. :happy:

I love how happy and expectant she is. :hungry:

I love her!

Part Akita? (I have a thing for trying to guess dog breeds.)

I don't know what she is, honestly! I got her as a stray- found her at a park while I was walking my other dog, years ago.

I asked her vet to wager a guess as to what she was, and he absolutely refused. He said she was a Heinz 57... :)

I always wanted to send off to get her DNA tested and finally know for sure, but I never got around to doing it.

This is not my dog or my video. Its so damn cute I had to share.
My new obsession is watching voice over animal videos on youtube.

That dog looks like a strange rabbit!
Kudos to you @Keepalowprofile ... that's a LOT of work you've done with your horses. They're beautiful creatures. There's an equestrian therapy place here in Atlanta. It's amazing to see how well the children (who have special needs) do with them. They're kindof like big dogs!

So here's one of our 4 doggies. Jackie does this dance before every poo. Since it's literally one of my favorite things in life, last year I decided to make a compilation. I'm a bit twisted sometimes, what can I say?

That dog looks like a strange rabbit!
Kudos to you @Keepalowprofile ... that's a LOT of work you've done with your horses. They're beautiful creatures. There's an equestrian therapy place here in Atlanta. It's amazing to see how well the children (who have special needs) do with them. They're kindof like big dogs!

So here's one of our 4 doggies. Jackie does this dance before every poo. Since it's literally one of my favorite things in life, last year I decided to make a compilation. I'm a bit twisted sometimes, what can I say?

No video shows up.
:(

Back