• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A 24-year-old Elko, Nev. man is facing first-degree open murder charges after police say he repeatedly beat an infant so badly over a period of three days that the 7-month-old boy died, according to the Elko Daily Free Press.

Nathan O'Dell is also accused of beating the baby's 4-year-old brother so badly he needed hospital care because the boy had trash under his bed.

According to Elko police, Nathan O'Dell was left in charge of the baby and a 4-year-old boy -- both of whom are not his children -- while their mother left for work.

Police say O'Dell admitted that over a three-day period, he did the following:
  • Hit the baby in the head "out of frustration"
  • Struck the infant "about a half-dozen times
  • Threw the infant onto a bed
  • Tossed the baby into a playpen
  • Forcefully squeezed the infant "while trying to console him"
  • On May 12, at approximately 7 a.m., O'Dell called 911 to report the baby was "ill and not breathing."
O'Dell initially told police he left the baby unattended so he could change his clothes and when he came back, the baby wasn't breathing. O'Dell also told police he dropped the baby on his head in the shower while trying to revive him with cold water.

Police say O'Dell later admitted to the abuse to detectives while at the hospital.

The baby was taken to Primary Children's Hospital in Salt Lake City where he died two days later.

Doctors say the 7-month-old had multiple skull fractures consistent with violent shaking. His death was ruled as "abusive head trauma resulting in brain damage."

The 4-year-old, also placed under the care of O'Dell, had severe bruising and injuries all over his body, most significantly in the buttocks area.

1589939771010.png

Last edited:
With so many kids being abused, raped, tortured and killed, when are there going to finally be any kind of effective safeguards ever put into place to protect them? If China is in the process of effectively using a social credit system to police every aspect of it's 1-billion-plus population and exact dire consequences on it's people for doing feckless things, why can't we do even very basic things to vet potential parents? Too many people out there have children and are unwilling to accept responsibility for them. Those who are going to be in charge of caring for children should be screened carefully.

With so many kids being abused, raped, tortured and killed, when are there going to finally be any kind of effective safeguards ever put into place to protect them? If China is in the process of effectively using a social credit system to police every aspect of it's 1-billion-plus population and exact dire consequences on it's people for doing feckless things, why can't we do even very basic things to vet potential parents? Too many people out there have children and are unwilling to accept responsibility for them. Those who are going to be in charge of caring for children should be screened carefully.
social credit system = Commie system ;)

Damn, right there with ya!

O’Dell was apparently left in charge of the children while their mother was working out of town.

Police did not comment on the relationship O'Dell has with the mother or her children.

His bail was listed at $270,000.

O’Dell was apparently left in charge of the children while their mother was working out of town.

Police did not comment on the relationship O'Dell has with the mother or her children.

His bail was listed at $270,000.

Working out of town from Elko. I know the region well, home of the Carlin Trend, Newmont, and Placer Dome. Newmont Mining is also called the Evil Empire for the mineral rights they hold on public land.

When I was living in the region in 1996, women were just edging into mining employment. She could be working with mining firms, which would earn enough to support two kids and this house pet of a male.

A man was sentence to life in prison without parole in the death of a 7-month-old baby that occurred nine months ago.
Nathan O’Dell, 25, pleaded guilty to one count of first-degree murder committed in the perpetration or attempted perpetration of child abuse.

He was sentenced by Elko District Judge Al Kacin on Thursday after nearly three hours of victim impact statements and testimony from a licensed psychologist.

O’Dell was also ordered to pay hospital costs totaling $128,491.86.

In exchange for the plea, the family consented to dropping an additional charge of abuse or neglect of a child, a category “B” felony, involving the baby’s 4-year-old sibling.
Details of crime can be read in original post.
Speaking on O’Dell’s behalf, several of his family members testified that they were shocked when they heard about the incident. They added they did not witness any violent tendencies from O’Dell growing up and said he showed good conduct around small children. They asked for possibility of parole so that O’Dell might be reunited with his entire family out of custody.
Family members of the deceased asked for life in prison without the possibility of parole, stating that the infant never lived to see his first birthday.
O’Dell spoke on his own behalf, stating he was aware of how the crime affected everyone involved, and he accepted full responsibility.

“There’s no denying that what I did was horrific and tragic and it’s affected many lives in a negative way,” he said. “All I could think about was how I was affecting other people and I know that there’s no measure for the suffering I put this family through, my own included, but it’s not something I can take back and I’ve come to terms with that fact.”

It's insane how once they are in court or in prison they are able to pretend to be so human.... Monsters are everywhere don't be fooled.

Back