• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A Las Vegas woman has been arrested on a murder charge after police say she intentionally ran over her boyfriend with a vehicle, killing him, during a contentious breakup.

Maylien Doppert, 42, was booked on a single count of open murder in the death of James Dutter, 42, of Las Vegas. An arrest report for Doppert also identifies her by the name Maylien “May” Ausiello.

The report states on Nov. 24 at 9:43 p.m. officers and paramedics found Dutter on the ground, seriously injured, in a pool of blood. He had no sensation in his legs or his left arm, but he was conscious.

“Dutter told (a paramedic) his girlfriend ran him over with her car due to Dutter wanting to break up with her,” police aid.

Police said five days after the crash, Dutter died at the hospital. The cause of death was blunt force trauma. The manner of death was homicide.

“(Doppert) was interviewed at the homicide office and admitted to detectives that she struck Dutter with her vehicle during the argument,” police said.
1606935604433.png

A Las Vegas judge sentenced a 43-year-old woman to prison on Friday for running over her boyfriend and killing him in November 2020.

Defense attorney Joshua Tomsheck argued that Maylien Doppert, who pleaded guilty to voluntary manslaughter in October, should be sentenced to probation.

Tomsheck said Doppert did not believe that her boyfriend, James Dutter, had been injured when she hit him with her car. The attorney also said Dutter had preexisting medical conditions when he died five days later.
“I don’t see this as a circumstance that warrants a maximum punishment in prison, but I do see this as a circumstance that warrants prison because you did take this man’s life,” District Judge Tierra Jones said.

Jones sentenced Doppert to between 14 months and four years in prison. Doppert received credit for 10 months she already had spent in custody before posting bail.
Doppert did not say anything as she stood with her head down next to her attorney during Friday’s hearing.
Dutter’s mother, Cathy Calderon, sobbed as she asked the judge to order the maximum sentence for Doppert.

“My son was given a death sentence, and I was given a life sentence,” Calderon said. “She should be given the max of 10 years at least, with no sympathy.”
Calderon said she still dreams of her son lying injured in a parking lot. Dutter was her only child, Calderon said, and she still carries around a lock of his hair.

“Jimmy might not have been perfect, and I’m not saying he was,” she said. “But he was mine.”

I knew this guy about 30 years ago who could of had any girl he wanted. He was over the top good looking and really nice but EXTREMELY shy and quiet, looking back I wonder if he was on the autism spectrum. He had a BEAST of a GF. not only was she ugly outside (he was WAY out of her league) but she was even uglier and EVIL on the inside. She treated that poor boy like pure GARBAGE and he just LOVED her, we all pitied him. Anyway one night they got into a fight, she kicked him out of the car and she ran him over on purpose. He was found in a ditch ALIVE but all broken. Went to visit him a few times in the hospital, he was in a full body cast and all beat up. It was terrible. But what was worse is that he FORGAVE her, he still loved her. And perhaps even more tragic is that she was never even charged-not quite sure how that happened. One of the last times I saw him was while he still at the hospital and that bitch showed up for a visit, she was PISSED when she walked in and saw me and another of my friends there visiting him. She wanted him all to herself. It almost came to blows, she was such TRASH. Not long after he was finally discharged she moved them both out of the state and back to her home state, on purpose I am sure to further isolate him from his own family and small group of friends. Never saw or heard from him again. I do occasionally wonder if he ever made it out alive and got away from her or did she finish him off? Really sad. People are CRAZY.

Back