• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
1706778578070.png

A man who broke into an 85-year-old woman’s apartment and punched her, which caused her death a week later, will serve at least 25 years in prison, documents said.

Demetrius Walker, 29, agreed to plead guilty to a murder charge last week, records said. Because of the victim’s age, the charge carries a sentencing enhancement.

Mary Lacella died a week after Walker broke down her door at her apartment in a complex near Sunset Road and Whitney Ranch Drive in April 2021.

Lacella suffered a brain bleed, extensive head and facial injuries and later cardiac arrest, according to information in Walker’s arrest report.
Walker agreed to speak with the 8 News Now Investigators in 2021 but denied a request to record the conversation.

“I remember looking through cars, and then I remember knocking on someone’s door and asking if I could crash,” he said about the morning of April 21. “I remember knocking on one door and no one answered, and I remember kicking it in. I heard someone scream. I panicked, turned out and ran.”

“I pray for her,” Walker said. “I’m sorry to the victim’s family. I pray for them every day. I accept everything I did. I acknowledge it.”

Mar 26, 2024

A man who broke into an 85-year-old woman’s apartment and punched her, leading to her death a week later, was sentenced to 25 to 68 years in prison, according to court records.

Demetrius Walker, 29, agreed to plead guilty to a murder charge in January, records said. Due to the victim’s age, the charge carries a sentencing enhancement.
Walker was sentenced Tuesday to a minimum of 20 years to a maximum of 50 years plus a consecutive term of a minimum of 5 years with a maximum of 18 years for the victim being over the age of 60 with 1,070 days credit for time served, records showed.

Walker, a.k.a. “Pharoah,” broke into 85-year-old Mary Lacella’s apartment in April 2021.

Back