• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A chronic infestation of lice and "absolutely filthy" conditions at a Binghamton home led to the death of a 2-year-old girl in December 2020, according to Broome County Court documents.
A Broome County grand jury indicted the girl's father, Philip M. Calcagno, on felony charges of second-degree manslaughter and criminally negligent homicide, along with a misdemeanor charge of endangering the welfare of a child.

Similar charges against a codefendant were dismissed June 8 after her attorney filed a motion claiming the facts of the case didn't support the indictment.
The charges stem from the Dec. 18, 2020 death of Calcagno's daughter at a residence in the City of Binghamton.

Police and medical personnel responded to a 911 call about a child not breathing at that address, and found the toddler unresponsive, according to the grand jury transcript. She later died at a local hospital.
Police investigators who testified before the grand jury described the "absolutely filthy" conditions at the apartment, including insect infestations.

A doctor who performed the autopsy concluded the girl died from cardiac arrest triggered by iron deficiency anemia, adding the deficiency was likely due to a chronic infestation of lice.
Felony charges against a babysitter for the child were dismissed June 8 after her attorney, Benjamin Bergman, challenged the felony indictment, and Broome County Judge Joseph Cawley agreed, noting the babysitter, Jennifer Clay, of Binghamton, was not the child's parent nor did she assume full responsibility of parenthood that would have compelled her to seek medical attention for the girl sooner.

"Defendant did not hold herself out as (the child's) parent, nor was she related to (the child)," Cawley wrote in his ruling. "Defendant did not provide for (the child's) medical care, nor could she."
Broome County District Attorney Michael Korchak said he disagreed with the ruling, but added it did comply with state law, and the law itself needs to be revised. There are other misdemeanor charges pending and Korchak said he has not decided yet whether he will appeal the judge's decision to dismiss the felony charges.
1687227927914.jpeg

Creepy crawler lice stories… ewww!

Many years ago I lived with a guy that had a kid. He was a dick lol but not lice disgusting. His family was lice disgusting.

My first meeting, I was outside playing with the kids. The little girls wanted me to braid their hair. I did! And found a head full of lice. I was mortified! I had kids of my own there, omg my kids are gonna catch lice, I’m gonna get lice… full body shivers.

I went inside and called the mother to tell her privately her daughters had lice.

She screeched across the house “mom the kids have bugs again “

They were normal for the family. I was was skeeved out but none of them cared!

I spent hundreds of dollars cleaning my house and kids AND THEIRS!

I did talk to the school at one point because these kids ALWAYS had lice.

The school nurse said they could not send home kids with lice anymore because it was like embarrassing or discriminatory or some shit. She said she would try to comb it out best she could, but nothing she could do. Yup, they could spread it all over the school and community.

It was the family’s choice to not get rid of it. Not school, not me, not babysitter.

Every time they came to my house I checked them & cleaned them. I finally said, after spending thousands, you are banned from my house until you pass lice checks.

This was Iowa.

The parents should be given lice and not allowed to cure it.

Creepy crawler lice stories… ewww!

Many years ago I lived with a guy that had a kid. He was a dick lol but not lice disgusting. His family was lice disgusting.

My first meeting, I was outside playing with the kids. The little girls wanted me to braid their hair. I did! And found a head full of lice. I was mortified! I had kids of my own there, omg my kids are gonna catch lice, I’m gonna get lice… full body shivers.

I went inside and called the mother to tell her privately her daughters had lice.

She screeched across the house “mom the kids have bugs again “

They were normal for the family. I was was skeeved out but none of them cared!

I spent hundreds of dollars cleaning my house and kids AND THEIRS!

I did talk to the school at one point because these kids ALWAYS had lice.

The school nurse said they could not send home kids with lice anymore because it was like embarrassing or discriminatory or some shit. She said she would try to comb it out best she could, but nothing she could do. Yup, they could spread it all over the school and community.

It was the family’s choice to not get rid of it. Not school, not me, not babysitter.

Every time they came to my house I checked them & cleaned them. I finally said, after spending thousands, you are banned from my house until you pass lice checks.

This was Iowa.

The parents should be given lice and not allowed to cure it.
I feel for you. Kinda had the same experience at my kid's school. Could not 'require' parents to treat the child nor could they stop her from returning to school with lice. Had treated my kid's head so much her hair was falling out. I was livid when they told me there was nothing they could do.

A Binghamton man originally charged with felonies in connection to the death of his young child was convicted on a lesser misdemeanor count following a trial in Broome County Court.
Philip M. Calcagno was indicted on felony charges of second-degree manslaughter and criminally negligent homicide, along with a misdemeanor charge of endangering the welfare of a child, in the December 2020 death of his 2-year-old daughter.

Following a trial last week, the jury found Calcagno not guilty of the felony counts, but guilty of the child endangerment charge.
"While we're disappointed in the outcome, we respect the decision of the jury," Broome County District Attorney Paul Battisti said in response to the verdict.
Similar charges against a babysitter in the case were dismissed by Broome County Judge Joseph Cawley, who noted the babysitter was not the child's parent and did not assume full responsibility of parenthood that would have compelled the babysitter to seek medical attention for the girl sooner.

Back