• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Crazy Cat Lady

Dazed and confused
Bold Member!
Sadly, the remains of the tanker truck driver were found in the truck. I hope he didn't suffer. He's been identified as Nathaniel Moody. I found his picture, but I don't know if I should post it. He's a victim.

Sources tell 6abc Action News that human remains have been found in the wreckage after a tanker truck fire led to the partial collapse of I-95 in Philadelphia over the weekend.

The driver's remains were removed from the cab of the tractor-trailer on Monday morning, sources said.

Meanwhile, family members and separate sources confirm the name of the tanker truck driver as Nathaniel Moody.

At this time, authorities say Moody remains unaccounted for. Action News is told Moody worked for a trucking company from Pennsauken, New Jersey.

Sources say he has been doing the job for quite some time and was an experienced driver.o

The collapse of the northbound lanes happened after a tanker truck fire broke out around 6 a.m. Sunday underneath I-95 near the Cottman Avenue exit in the Tacony section.

Sources say the tanker truck was carrying 8,500 gallons of 87-octane fuel.

"From what we understand the tractor trailer was trying to navigate the curve. (He) lost control of the vehicle, landed on its side and ruptured the tank and ignited the fire," said Michael Carroll, the secretary of the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation.

Just before noon Monday, Pennsylvania Governor Josh Shapiro signed a proclamation of disaster emergency following the collapse.

Also on Monday afternoon, officials said they expect demolition of the impacted portion of I-95 to be completed in the next four to five days.

Officials said a plan would be released later in the day, but rebuilding of the highway will begin "soon."

Carroll said contractors will work around the clock and the challenge now is for officials to "attack this problem in the most efficient way possible so that we can resume traffic movements on I-95."

Officials said an average of 160,000 vehicles drive each day on the section of collapsed highway.

The northbound section sees an average of more than 76,000 vehicles, while the southbound section sees an average of more than 83,000 vehicles per day.

The American Trucking Association says the disruptions caused by the collapse of I-95 are "likely to have significant impacts on the supply chain."

A spokesperson for the trade group said roughly eight to nine percent of vehicles that pass through that portion of the highway are commercial trucks.

Something similar happened in my neck of the woods last year

Post automatically merged:

PA has atrocious roads anyways! But it's a good drive up in the hills at sunset!
Philly definitely.

Something similar happened in my neck of the woods last year

Post automatically merged:

Philly definitely.
The driver is really lucky that he wasn't killed!

I guess if the Philly driver had video, it would’ve been destroyed in the fire. We will never know exactly how it happened. If the driver is so experienced, though, it would be good to know how he lost control.
He was just starting out on his day. It's less than 10 miles from Pennsauken to Philly. I was thinking that either he fell asleep or he had a medical issue. But, as you said, we'll never know.

The gas station across the street captured video of the one near me. The trucker was speeding and he got cut off by a car. He was brought to a hospital but left after a couple hours. Haven’t heard a word about him since. The gasoline poured into the sewers and the manhole covers were exploding off with flames bursting out. The foam trucks from JFK even came to help put the fire out. It was like a war zone but everything was cleaned up very quickly because it’s so close to the water the EPA was concerned about contamination. My husband is a volunteer firefighter and his company is one of the ones that came to assist. If I knew how I’d post some really cool pics of him battling the blaze!

Latest posts

Back