• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
a0yjw5.jpg
The faint noise sounded like a cat, but it appeared to be coming from inside a garbage can placed in front of a home on a residential street
[..]
The residents reached in to see what was making the noise. What followed was the shocking discovery of a discarded newborn child that sent police and medical personnel scrambling to save her life and others trying to get the word out about safe haven laws in Utah, which are in place to prevent such an occurrence from happening.

The newborn girl, who police say was born sometime during the past two days, remained in critical condition Tuesday
[...]
The girl was discovered with garbage on top of her and was suffering from minor hypothermia,
[...]
He did not know how the infant was dressed. Investigators believe the newborn was placed in the trash container about 6 a.m., and police were alerted shortly after the discovery at 7:10 a.m.

At 7:25 p.m., police arrested the infant's mother, Alicia Marie Englert, 24, at her home
[....]
Englert was in the process of being booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of attempted murder Tuesday night.

Police said Englert told them she had the baby Monday and that she didn't provide any medical care or food for the infant
[,..]
Englert also told police she was afraid to tell her parents about her pregnancy and that she discarded the baby "in hopes that it would die and solve her problems,"
[...]
It was not immediately known Tuesday where the baby was born.

The newborn was taken by ambulance to Pioneer Valley Hospital and then flown by medical helicopter to Primary Children's Hospital in critical condition
[...]
said she was soon downgraded to extremely critical.

Englert appeared to be the only person living in her house and was not believed to have any other children
[...]
"This is truly a tragedy in our community and one that affects hearts and minds," Mayor Ben McAdams said in a news conference Tuesday afternoon. "We all have to ask ourselves: Is there something we could have done to prevent it?"
[...]
County Sheriff Jim Winder, McAdams and staff members at Intermountain Medical Center reminded the public that there are many resources available for mothers who are struggling.

The Safe Haven or baby drop-off law allows for newborns to be dropped off at any medical center or 24-hour hospital without any questions asked if mothers want to give up their babies for adoption. The Safe Haven Law even allows newborns to be dropped off anonymously.

"It's absolutely crushing to us to imagine that a little one we could have possibly helped had we had that opportunity, we didn't get that opportunity," said Dr. Jennifer Plumb
[...]
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=31...n-mother-arrested&fm=home_page&s_cid=topstory

Fuck you bitch. You are old enough to know that if an unprotected dick worms it's way into your vagina there is a very very good chance you could end up pregnant. Period.
How the hell you could do something like this to an innocent baby who didn't ask to be here is beyond me.
It's hard to forgive a crime like this especially when she had options. I'm sure her parents would have much rather she told them than do this. Dumb dumb dumb.

In this case, I'm glad the bitch threw the garbage in on top of her, probably what kept her alive as long as it did. Baby probably was not dressed, most likely wrapped in a dirty, bloody disgusting towel and then thrown away. 24 fucking years old is old enough to make a better decision, even if it was to give her up, that's so much better than throwing her away.

THAT CUNT BITCH NEEDS HER FUKIN ASS KICKED..AN KICKED IN HER PUSSY...FOR THROWING HER NEWBORN IN THA TRASH LIKE GARBADGE!! SHEZ OLD ENUFF TI FUKIN KNOW RIGHT FROM WRONG..CAN WE PUT HER IN THE FUKIN GARBADGE NAKED WITH TRASH...OUT IN THE COLD...FUKIN SORRY ASS BIYOTCHH!

I'm shocked, at 24 this bitch knew better. She cover this poor poor baby with garbage to try and have it blend in? She thought killing a BABY would solve her problems? This woman should be shot in the faces!

I just don't understand. We tried for over a year before we were lucky enough to have my oldest and here's this bitch throw in babies out all Willie nillie. I hate her I reallynreally hate her

Englert also told police she was afraid to tell her parents about her pregnancy
Really cunt? You're 24 motherfucking years old.

As a side note, I've always wanted to see how long it would take a 24 year old female to suffocate and decompose under a pile of trash at the landfill, maybe I could use he?

I have to wonder what kind of upbringing she had to be scared of her parents finding out she was pregnant at 24 and apparently living independently.

Wow fucking incredible I know we are not to talk about forced sterilization but fuck if some of these dumb bitches don't need it

A newborn baby girl was expected to remain in critical condition for several days after Utah police say her mother dumped her in a neighbor's trash can
[...]
The 2-day-old girl was still on a ventilator and fighting for her life in a hospital, Unified Police Detective Jared Richardson said Wednesday. The girl's mother, 23-year-old Alicia Marie Englert, was arrested Tuesday night on suspicion of attempted murder.

Englert told authorities that she hid the pregnancy from her parents and hoped the newborn girl would die in the trash and solve her problems
[...]
The mother told police the baby had been in the trash for about an hour before she was found. The baby had not received any medical care or food
[...]
Jail records show Englert was still in the Salt Lake County Jail on Wednesday. It was unclear if she had an attorney.
[...]
Police have learned where Englert gave birth to the girl but are not releasing the location yet, citing the ongoing investigation, Richardson said
[...]
Police hoped to forward the case to local prosecutors within two days so charges could be filed,
[....]
He had no information about the child's father or the woman's family.
[...]
Utah officials held a news conference to remind residents that the state allows mothers to drop off newborns at hospitals without consequences.

A handful of infants are dropped off at Utah hospitals under the safe haven law every year, said Al Romeo with the Utah Department of Health. Romeo said there have been a handful of cases over the past decade where Utah mothers abandoned babies in unsafe places.

Romeo cited the discovery in April of seven dead newborn babies in the garage of a home in Pleasant Grove, Utah. Police believe the mother killed six of the infants after giving birth to them over a decade. [...]
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/baby-left-trash-fighting-life-25135778

No matter what she imagined her parents might do, I sincerely doubt they would condone this, even a pregnant, unmarried, sleeping-around daughter is preferable to a daughter who murders babies at birth. Do they really think that they will get away with this stuff, that their plan is so fool proof that nobody will ever know? Most of the time all it takes is for a stranger to be walking by to find the babies? It makes me wonder how many times a baby is born and thrown away/murdered and nobody ever does know.

Fight baby girl, fight! Someone wants u here in this world. In fact, I bet everyone in the world, minus one, wants u to pull thru. There r tons of loving families wanting to adopt.

Although sadly ur mom now wants u to survive, only so her charges aren't upgraded. :(

Do they really think that they will get away with this stuff, that their plan is so fool proof that nobody will ever know? Most of the time all it takes is for a stranger to be walking by to find the babies? It makes me wonder how many times a baby is born and thrown away/murdered and nobody ever does know.

You know, I was just thinking about this. How many women have done this throughout the ages & DNA testing is the only thing that slowed it down. Or a bleeding woman. None was going to seek medical care for bleeding, it's "improper".
I imagine this was done often & the stranger, if they were a good person just took the baby home or to someone they knew who would care for it.
Like "Changelings", we believed once upon a time when a baby got colic that they were a changeling, you know because suddenly the baby cries all the time and is difficult to manage so...they put it outside overnight & waited for the fairies (or was it elves? trolls?) to bring back their child to them. But, the baby often died in the elements.
I think this crap has been happening since humans could procreate. But in 2014 they're just stupid because there's too much technology and medical advancement to keep it hidden.

Like "Changelings", we believed once upon a time when a baby got colic that they were a changeling, you know because suddenly the baby cries all the time and is difficult to manage so...they put it outside overnight & waited for the fairies (or was it elves? trolls?) to bring back their child to them.
OMG, I have never heard of this. Umm, my colicky baby is now a smart-ass 9 year old, can I do this to him now?

P.S. I have no idea where he got his smart-assery from.:whistle:

She has that look on her face of a pissed off child, like a 7 or 8 year old tht you've just said "no" to. I cannot tell you how badly I want to wipe that look off her face, with a shovel or rake!

Every child born is a miracle; every child born is a promise. They are our immortality, and should be cherished as the precious and irreplaceable gifts they are. If this woman (well, she's technically female) gets anything less than 25 years I will drown that city government in abusive emails and DAMN the consequences. I'll write to the newspaper too!

mr cb and I have fostered several kids...informally. They came over to spend the night, then the weekend, then they just moved in. Of course we contacted the parents (or whoever); I'm sorry to say that most of them were as unconcerned as billy-be-damned. Most told us their kid could stay as long as he wanted. No wonder the kids liked our chaotic and loving family. We gave a damn. I could take that stunned cunt apart with my bare hands.

There are literally hundreds of "unknown infant" listings in our big municipal cemetery records, especially from the mid to late 1800's. The records list "Place of Death" and for most of the infants it's found in river, found in yard, found in cemetery etc. I'm sure many of them were abandoned unwanteds.

mr cb and I have fostered several kids...informally. They came over to spend the night, then the weekend, then they just moved in. Of course we contacted the parents (or whoever); I'm sorry to say that most of them were as unconcerned as billy-be-damned. Most told us their kid could stay as long as he wanted. No wonder the kids liked our chaotic and loving family. We gave a damn
In another thread you had hoped you made a difference, you have.

I'm thinking, too, of all the ones that were never found. Just think if 10-20-30% are found the amount that leaves that were never found. The ones that were found 50-100 years later in attic trunks or buried under the doorsteps, I know, it's been going on since time immemorial. It's still sad.

I live in Utah and this is all anyone is talking about at work... I would love to dump her sorry ass into a garbage can and leave her to die slowly. I have zero compassion for this selfish monster. She will spend the rest of her life regretting her decision. Not because it was the wrong thing to do to her baby, but because it landed her sorry ass in prison for the rest of her life.

I'm thinking, too, of all the ones that were never found. Just think if 10-20-30% are found the amount that leaves that were never found. The ones that were found 50-100 years later in attic trunks or buried under the doorsteps, I know, it's been going on since time immemorial. It's still sad.

I came across quite a few in the cemetery records where babies had been buried in the cemetery without the knowledge or permission of the sexton.

I came across quite a few in the cemetery records where babies had been buried in the cemetery without the knowledge or permission of the sexton.
Would it be prudent to assume they were all out of wedlock? Therefore not baptized and not allowed to be buried there?

Would it be prudent to assume they were all out of wedlock? Therefore not baptized and not allowed to be buried there?

I don't think that would be it because it's municipal, not religious, although that may play into the scenario for abandoned/murdered children in general. My theory is that, whatever the cause of death (natural or not) the mothers still wanted to do the right thing by their children in death but for some reason could not or would not go through the correct channels, maybe financial or legal.

My theory is that, whatever the cause of death (natural or not) the mothers still wanted to do the right thing by their children in death but for some reason could not or would not go through the correct channels, maybe financial or legal.
I like that, it does give me some hope.

http://news.yahoo.com/newborn-found-trash-ventilator-mom-arrested-154636187.html

Her father, Robert Englert, told The Associated Press on Wednesday that he's trying to make sure everyone is safe but declined to comment further. Earlier in the day, he told Utah media outlets that his daughter had a learning disability and didn't understand her actions.

"She doesn't even realize that it's a crime and it's bad," Englert told The Salt Lake Tribune. He said he didn't know who the baby's father was.

The woman's mother, Tammy Englert, told the Deseret News that her daughter didn't understand what had happened.

"We tried to explain it to her, and she didn't realize it was that bad what she had done," Tammy Englert said.

I think if she's smart enough to figure out she needed to hide a baby/throw away a baby, then she is smart enough to know that what she was doing was bad, otherwise she'd have never figure out to hide the whole pregnancy, much less just the baby.

Last edited:
She knew it was bad enough to keep the pregnancy and birth a secret.. My almost 4 year old would freak if she saw a baby in the garbage, she knows its wrong and she is not capable of being in the living room alone while I pee, this girl lived on her own. IF she didn't understand that putting a baby in the garbage was wrong (she did) then shame on her parents for allowing her to live alone.

And if she truly didn't know (which I'll never believe) then she definitely needs a keeper.

Back