• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
1706321697827.png

23-year-old Olivia Miller faces several charges in Kent County months after her baby drowned in a bathtub.

She was charged with involuntary manslaughter and second-degree child abuse.

The Kent County Sheriff’s Office says Miller’s eight-month-old son drowned in the bathtub of a Sparta Township home back in November 2023.
FOX 17 obtained court documents Friday that show Miller was home alone with her son at the time.

She claimed to have left him alone in the tub for just five minutes while she changed the laundry, according to the documents.

However, detectives say the boy’s time of death and Miller’s phone activity tell a different story.

They believe Miller called 911 after spending 20 minutes on her phone.
Court documents also note that she told her father via text that her son was taking a nap four minutes before contacting emergency services.

1706378276920.png

An autopsy conducted by the county’s chief medical examiner determined that Asher’s cause of death was drowning. The medical examiner also estimated that the infant had been lying on his back on the floor for a minimum of 20 minutes before authorities arrived at Miller’s home.
Miller is currently being held at the Kent County Jail. She appeared for her arraignment on Friday where she pleaded not guilty to all charges, Grand Rapids, Michigan, ABC affiliate WZZM reported.
Miller’s attorney, Frank Stanley, told WZZM that it was important to point out there was “no indication of intentionality” regarding Miller’s actions.

“This is a tragic situation,” he said. “She has suffered tremendously emotionally from the death of her child — she loves that child.”

27-year-old Keenan Johnson also faces charges related to the eight-month-old's death.

Court documents claim Johnson, while under oath, gave false statement and omitted information contrary to what was discovered during the investigation.

He now faces a perjury charge.

The obituary and gofundme identify him as the father of the child.

The outcome of this will be very interesting.

People forget their children in the car and it has been called a tragic accident.

People have not secured their firearms and a child either shoots themselves or another child and it is called a tragic accident.

Will her being in the home and on the phone which gives a timeline of events will it hurt her?

My favorite part of my 8 month old grandsons weekly overnight visit is his bath time. He loves it so much, splashes and kicks and laughs, such a joy to watch! I can't imagine just leaving him in the tub unattended for ANY reason at all, let alone to be on the bloody phone. In fact while he's with me I limit the phone to essentials only, no scrolling Facebook etc (not even DD!), because that can all be done when i don't have my precious grandson to be engaged with, and focused on 100%.

Back