• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sevens My Charm

Ruler of Minions.. and Degenerates..
6FB38446-E553-43D2-889E-668C9C54FD46.jpeg

A man identified using genealogy pleaded guilty to second-degree murder in the death of 26-year-old Matthew Mickens-Murrey in 2017.

Police asked to check on Mickens-Murrey’s welfare when no one could reach him for a few days after a Black gay pride weekend in D.C.

They found him stabbed to death in his apartment in the 5400 block of Newton Street in the unincorporated area of Hyattsville, Maryland.

Brandon Biagas was developed as a suspect when the ancestry search on DNA discovered in the victim's apartment was connected to a bloody knife found in Biagas' truck.

Per the plea agreement, Biagas would get no more than 17 years in prison.

I'm so confused. Where does the knife come in? It kind of sounds like they meant regular old DNA evidence, not genealogy, no?
All articles on this from the area are quite poorly written.
Must be something in the water.

The discovery of a knife with the vics blood on it was found in the back of the suspects truck.
Just not clear if it was years ago or recently.
It sounds like it was still in the truck 3 years after the 2017 crime, which would be amazingly stupid.

The DNA testing was on blood (or other bodily fluids) in the victim's apartment that eventually matched the suspect.

More background on this here...

Still a heap of cold cases there though.

Latest posts

Back