• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
1713228228526.png

A Schenectady man is charged with manslaughter in the death of his child. Robert Buskey, 33, faces multiple charges.

Sunday morning, around 3, Schenectady Police Officers responded for reports of a five-year-old child who was unconscious and not breathing. The child, Buskey’s daughter, was pronounced dead on the scene.
  • Second-degree manslaughter
  • Endangering the welfare of a child (three counts)

A Schenectady man has been arrested, accused of starving his 5-year-old daughter to death, according to allegations filed in court.

A second, younger child was also in the residence. That child tested positive for cocaine and is being monitored by medical personnel, a prosecutor said. That child is expected to recover.
The victim’s biological mother did not appear to be living in the residence with Buskey and the young girl, Schenectady County Assistant District Attorney John Carson said Monday.
One of the charges against Buskey also references the second, younger child. Buskey is accused of endangering that child by causing the girl’s death while the younger child “was residing in the same residence.”

The allegations did not address the state of the second child, only that the child was present.

Asked about the second child, Carson said he was awaiting that child’s full medical records to determine any other charges, but he confirmed that the younger child tested positive for cocaine.

Carson addressed the finding with the younger child in court Monday morning, he said.

“The child is safe and will be placed in a safe place,” Carson said.

Back in the 90's I was going to name a baby girl Charlotte Evelyn if I ever had one. Now both names are fairly common. In the 90's everyone thought I was deranged though. Funny what 30 years will do to cyclical things like naming trends... Poor littlest, she deserved so much better than she got. :bigtears:

Was he angry at the mother for not being their and taking it out on the child?

He did have a live-in girlfriend that should be charged.

Nikki Buskey (the aunt of Charlotte) said that the girl was slightly autistic.

She thinks he forgot about the girl in her room and that his drug abuse had worsened in the last couple of months.

Latest posts

Back