• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
full

A woman sentenced to 60 years behind bars for strangling her new boyfriend in a Walmart parking lot in Montana said she “wanted to know what it felt like” — after he had asked her to kill him because of his crippling depression, according to a report.

Lindsay Haugen, 32, and Robert Mast, 25, were traveling from Olympia, Washington, to North Dakota in 2015 when they stopped in Billings, Montana, where she got behind him in their car and choked him as she held his mouth and nose shut.

She told investigators that she killed him “because he asked me to” as he struggled to battle his depression — but added that she wanted to “know what it felt like to kill someone with my bare hands,” according to the UK’s Mirror.

“My last fiance broke my hand, then he got behind me, just like I did to Robby, and choked me,” she said. “I woke up on the floor and it was like I was underwater and I just wanted to do that back — but he wanted it to happen.”

Police also learned that Mast had been talking about his ex-girlfriend to Hauger before his murder, something she admitted she was jealous about.

In 2016, Haugen pleaded guilty to the crime, which is featured in a new episode of the Netflix series “I Am A Killer” to be shown on the UK’s Crime+Investigation on Tuesday.

“I remember, one morning he woke up and just said, ‘Have you ever been disappointed that you woke up and you’re still alive?’” said Haugen, now 36. “I just remember how upset he looked.”

FTA - “I remember, one morning he woke up and just said, ‘Have you ever been disappointed that you woke up and you’re still alive?’” said Haugen, now 36. “I just remember how upset he looked.”

Don't worry honey, you're going to get that feeling soon enough after waking up seeing Big Bertha's ass invade your personal bunk space as she strains the springs to their max for the next 60 years.

<edited because I suck at writing>

Last edited:
FTA - “I remember, one morning he woke up and just said, ‘Have you ever been disappointed that you woke up and you’re still alive?’” said Haugen, now 36. “I just remember how upset he looked.”

<edited because I suck at writing>
If I woke up to that I’d be suicidal myself.
Then I’d walk.
Not drive around then strangle him.
Still free food and a roof over her head now.
She’s got rid of a boyfriend and will now have a girlfriend.
Don’t argue with a woman.
We all know what happens if you do.....
I want to have live screening of her cell now

Princess Leia'd his ass.

She's either a linebacker below the neck or he was out of it on something.

I assumed she used a tool of some sort, piece of clothing or rope or something of that nature. Apparently she got an arm around his neck. Very odd. I did read they drank wine before. If a dude is drunk, not expecting it, etc., it's very doable. Goes to show how intensely she wanted him dead though. This would not have been an easy way to off someone, she put an enormous amount of physical exertion into it no doubt.

You factor in this was in a vehicle, so he was sitting down with her behind his seat most likely. Someone by surprise slips something over your neck and hunkers down back there, all they gotta do is hold on and put their weight into it and youre fucked, not much you can do if you cant get any space between the choking device and your neck, youre not likely to be able to reach the person doin the strangling.

Least surprising aspect of this case....she was an army veteran.

Last edited:
Back