• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Sheriff's deputies in Houston have saved several horses from drowning as a local stable was inundated by floodwaters. They used boats Monday to reach the horses, including some tethered animals that had to be cut free. The horses were guided to land where they were loaded onto livestock trailers and taken from the flooding.

"You have to convince him your idea is the best. This one is real stubborn," said Devon Horn, who helped rescue horses. "He was fighting me, he thought he could get us out of there the best and I thought I could get us out of there the best, so weren't really on the same page. Eventually we both started fighting for the shore and we figured it out together."
Sorry, I couldn't post the embedded video that is at the link.
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Ho...-After-Water-Rises-Near-Stable-376194741.html

Here's another horse rescue captured on video yesterday.

Who rescued who?

Looks like the horse did most of the rescuing.
Just because she had a hold of the lead rope doesn't mean she was in charge.

Last edited:
The flood's are all over our news here. I hope the Houstonites on here are warm, dry and above all, safe.

Get out the inflatables! The fun part comes soon!

I grew up in Port Arthur about an hour's drive from Houston, and I dreaded every hurricane which is when most of the serious flooding would happen. The city relied on pumps to keep the entire town from flooding, and the time one failed the water rose up to the foundation of the house. We stacked our belongings on the heaviest furniture, took our cars to higher ground, and waited it out at my aunt's house. That was probably the same year the interstate flooded and my dad only got home because his coworker's son met them with a boat to ferry them across. I couldn't get away from there fast enough!

His owner said he is blind in one eye and almost blind in the other, he looked so panicked. Glad he was rescued safely. <3

Back