• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Blunderbuss Firozabad

Made of Pumpkin pie
Bold Member!
1000011528.jpg

K9 "I've got criminals to catch, what's this picture for?" Nyx

Breed Belgian Malinois
Gender Female
Age 7
Tour 6 years

K9 Nyx was shot and killed while tracking a suspect involved in a domestic incident.

Officers were investigating a domestic situation and searching for the suspect. When K9 Nyx tracked the suspect to the 2900 Block of 11th Street in Rockford, gunfire ensued. K9 Nyx was shot and killed by the suspect.

The suspect sustained a non-life-threatening wound to his leg and was apprehended.

Nyx served with the Rockford Police Department for almost 6 years. She was trained in narcotics detection, evidence recovery, human tracking, and apprehension.

The suspect who killed K9 officer Nyx, the first female K9 officer in Rockford

1000011544.jpg

Memorial

1000011525.jpg

K9 "I'm proud of my job" Maze

Breed German Shorthaired Pointer
Gender Female
Age 2
Tour 1 year, 2 months

K9 Maze collided with a vehicle while participating in article search training in Cabell County at 9:30 a.m.

K9 Maze had just completed a search and was receiving her reward. At the same time, a car was driving past, she ran into the one-lane road and struck the car.

1000011524.jpg

K9 "I'm cute as a button" Raiden

Breed Belgian Malinois
Gender Male
Age Not available
Tour 1 month

K9 Raiden was struck and killed by a vehicle on Wisconsin Highway 12/16 east of Tomah.

K9 Raiden was on routine patrol with his handler and stopped at an outdoor area to relieve himself. He ran onto the highway and was hit by a passing vehicle. He was transported to a Veterinary Hospital in Madison, where he succumbed to his injuries.

1000011527.jpg

K9 "I love my co-workers" Leo

Breed Belgian Shepherd
Gender Male
Age 4
Tour 3 years

"Even after being shot, K9 Leo kept fighting the suspect to protect his coworkers lives."

"K9 Leo succumbed to gunshot wounds he received during a domestic call at the 900 block of Northwest 114th Court in Silver Springs on February 17, 2024.

When Marion County Sheriff's deputies arrived at the scene, the subject, accused of battery by strangulation, fired at them from the backyard. K9 Leo was struck in an area not covered by his protective armor. Deputies returned fire, killing the subject.

K9 Leo was transported to the UF Animal Hospital in Gainesville where he died three days later."

Bagpipes and brave men with tears honoring K9 Leos bravery at his service here:

1000011526.jpg

K9 "I was a Green Beret!" Luca

Breed Dutch Shepherd
Gender Male
Age 11
Tour 9 years

K9 Luca was shot and killed after a vehicle pursuit in Lake Cormorant in Mississippi.

A subject fled in a vehicle from DeSoto County Sheriff's deputies on Highway 61. The car crashed after deputies deployed a PIT maneuver near Star Landing Road. When the subject's vehicle stopped, K9 Luca was unleashed. The subject fired at K9 Luca, striking him. Deputies returned fire, killing the subject.

K9 Luca was transported to a veterinary hospital where he succumbed to his wounds.

K9 Luca had served with the DeSoto County Sheriff's Office for four years and previously served with the Army 7th Special Forces Group, Multi-Purpose Canine Combat Tracking Detatchment (7thSFG SOFMPC) at Elgin Air Force Base in Florida for five years.

More on K9 Luca from his Green Beret days:

"Luca served with the 7th Special Forces Group for 5 years, going on more than 50 combat deployments. Many of them were classified.

Luca and Wes [His Green Beret handler]served side-by-side in more than 50 combat missions in Afghanistan. They were assigned to a strike force that hunted down high value targets.

"He was trained for different things, so he was an explosive detection K9, he was a tracking K9 so he could track people, and he was also trained in bite work," Wes said.

Wes and Luca's bond was put to the test during a mission in Afghanistan.

7th Special Forces says Wes and Luca's team came under heavy enemy fire during a mission in Afghanistan. One of their team members was killed.

Luca sprang into action biting Wes's arm and pulled him to the ground. Luca then dragged Wes away from the gunfire ultimately saving his life.

"He ended up dragging me out of a pretty scary situation, I don't know how to explain without going into all the details of it, but yes,' Wes said.

After his career in the military ended, Luca and Wes parted ways, but the K9's commitment to serving continued.

Luca was assigned to the DeSoto County Sheriff's Office in Mississippi, where he detained violent offenders, assisted on high risk warrants, and helped out on operations with state and federal law enforcement.

The K9 never hesitated to put himself in harms way to protect his team."

Latest posts

Back