• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
1707164812627.png

Court records indicate 32-year-old Elysa Kelemen was arraigned on a count of open murder. A judge set a $1 million cash bond for her pending further hearings.
Police prior to Monday afternoon had released no details about the incident and did not disclose the six-year-old boy's death, but Chief Assistant Eaton County Prosecutor Chris Anderson said police were called to the Travelodge by Wyndham in Delta Township on Jan. 12 and found the child injured.

Anderson said he did not know the cause of death but said the boy suffered physical injuries.

"I've not seen the autopsy report, but it was not natural," he said.
The victim was Kelemen's stepson, Anderson said.

The prosecutor's office identified the boy as Kyron Kelemen. It was not immediately clear when he died.

In a Monday afternoon news release, sheriff's officials acknowledged the investigation, saying deputies responded to a call involving a child who was not breathing and that the child died a short time later at a hospital.

They did not release the date of the incident.

“When a crime against a child is committed, it is committed against the community as a whole, and those responsible must be held accountable for their actions," sheriff's Captain Chris Kuhlman said in the release. "This case has impacted us all, and we will work tirelessly for Kyron.”

1707205325026.png

The boy’s biological mother Angelina Foghino is speaking out. She lost custody of Kyron while battling substance use disorder. She never thought her reunion with the boy would be his funeral.
“It’s been hard,” she says. “I haven’t seen my son for a while, and that was the last I’d seen him so.”

Law enforcement notified her of her son’s death.

“It’s been determined through the charges we have created that he was actually murdered by his stepmother: Elysa Ella-Ann Keleman,” says Eaton County Prosecutor Doug Lloyd, “who is not from the area, but was staying at the Travelodge when his death occurred.”
Foghino recalls detectives investigating the case sharing details.

“He was bruised from the head down,” she recalls law enforcement telling her. “He had a lacerated spleen. A lacerated liver. Internal bleeding.”
She alleges she’d raised concerns about suspected mistreatment of Kyron – possibly even abuse – but now the determination of abuse is up to the prosecutor to prove to a jury beyond a reasonable doubt. Prosecutors tell 6 News the investigation is ongoing and they are not ruling out any evidence they may uncover right up to when the trial begins.

“I’m very glad this stuff is coming out,” Foghino says. “It’s just very disturbing that it my son getting beat to death, for them to take action. This is not what I wish any parent to go through.

Will the father of the child be charged soon?

Back