• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

dop

Trusted Member
The long-planned sequel- though it's more of a remake - to "The Wicker Man", "Cowboys for Christ", based on a screenplay written by the director of the original 1973 horror Robin Hardy, has been scrapped. They just couldn't get the money together.

According to STV.TV, a statement from Dumfries and Galloway council confirmed producers had cancelled the shoot due to last minute difficulties with finance.

Councillor Gill Dykes described the news as "bitterly disappointing", adding that around 90 crew and cast had already booked into local accommodation for the four-week shoot.

The film was set to star Christopher Lee, Joan Collins and Paul Wesley. In it, young Christians Beth and Steve, a gospel singer and her cowboy boyfriend, leave Texas to preach door-to-door in Scotland . When, after initial abuse, they are welcomed with joy and elation to Tressock, the border fiefdom of Sir Lachlan Morrison, they assume their hosts simply want to hear more about Jesus. Not so.

Uggg... fucking shit. I was so hyped about this movie. I adore the first film, one of the most original horror films ever.

I bet the production money will end up on some remake of an asian film that only came out a few years ago and was ripoff of some other asian film, probably about some grudgy ghost thats pissed of about the way it died...

The Wicker Man is in my Top 5 horror films. I swear to God, if I ever make it big when I move out to California, I will find financing for this flick.

Which means I'll be adding it to a long list, right after Shane Black's zombie flick and the first big-budgeted Troma flick. :D

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0323808/ The Wicker Tree

Young Christians Beth and Steve, a gospel singer and her cowboy boyfriend, leave Texas to preach door-to-door in Scotland . When, after initial abuse, they are welcomed with joy and elation to Tressock, the border fiefdom of Sir Lachlan Morrison, they assume their hosts simply want to hear more about Jesus. How innocent and wrong they are.

Sorry, I have this bad habit of looking at old threads and updating them LOL. Yeah it is a horror flick, what did you think it was? I have only seen the one with Nicholas Cage, not the older one.

Well, it had Nicholas Cage in it,so I ignored it. lol

I may have to track down the original, though.

Sorry, I have this bad habit of looking at old threads and updating them LOL. Yeah it is a horror flick, what did you think it was? I have only seen the one with Nicholas Cage, not the older one.

And hey, updating old threads is not a bad thing.

[MENTION=5431]HeatherHabilatory[/MENTION] I have an awesome website I go to for free movies movie2k.to they have almost everything, even the new stuff. I am waiting for Dark Shadows to show up, I know that The Avengers was on there before it even came out in the US. Just have to watch the little faces next to the movie, they tell you what the movie looks like. I never watch anything with a :( on it.

Back