• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Hilary Johnson Sr. told WAVY his granddaughter, I'ijayah, should never have left the hospital. He reportedly told hospital staff his son and his son's girlfriend were not fit to be parents, but his concerns were ignored. Now, he's mourning the death of his first grandchild.
According to Johnson Sr., the pair were homeless and both struggled with mental health issues. He told WAVY the young parents were living in a tent and did not have the means to take care of themselves or a baby.
"They was bright kids that I don't know what in the world snapped into them to live the way they were living," Johnson Sr. said. "I don't know. I prayed to myself before she [I'ijayah] came here and I said, 'Lord, please let her maternal instincts kick in that she wants to protect that baby, that she don't want to live the way she was living, that she wants more for her and her child."
According to court documents obtained by WTKR, when I'ijayah arrived at Children’s Hospital of the King’s Daughters, she was unresponsive. Her body showed signs of physical trauma, including burns, lacerations, bruises, and symptoms of shaken-baby syndrome. Parker allegedly told staff she didn't believe the injuries were serious and chose to treat her at home.

1715524078454.png

The grandfather's gofundme to bury Lijayah

Back