• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
@Sevens My Charm
Tourists often seem to believe that the places they visit are sanitized and safe like Disneyland and put there just for them to poke, pinch and prod. We see that all the time with fools approaching large and dangerous animals in national parks. As if they are performing tame animals or even mechanized!

We are being overrun with something called the giant whip scorpion or "Vinegaroon"
It has 8 eyes and squirts out a vinegar smelling acetic acid.
I've seen several on my front porch and they chase the crickets under my door.
Then the crickets chase my cats.
The only noisy thing with moving parts that my cats aren't afraid of is the can opener.

@Alf
You cannot miss those 3-5 inch bastards!
They are attracted to the lights at the nearby Target in high numbers and I see a lot of screaming "What's that thing!", jumping, and fleeing. They are clumsy fliers so it's impossible to predict if they will be flying into your face or not! Horrid things.

https://www.abc15.com/news/state/monsoon-bugs-things-you-need-to-know-about-palo-verde-beetles
Post automatically merged:

Lot of bug things going on in Tucson:

Last edited:
Back