• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

gatekeeper

Loves the "Funny" Button
medieval11n-3-web.jpg

He messed with the wrong woman.

An intruder was met with the fury of an experienced fighter in medieval combat on Thursday night when he allegedly broke into the Indianapolis home of Karen Dolley.

Dolley, 43, woke up from the sound of the alleged burglar, 30-year-old Jacob Wessel, and went to her living room to investigate — upon noticing him, she attacked and landed nearly 10 punches and kicks, according to The Indianapolis Star.

After dealing the blows, Dolley, who is 5-feet-6, attempted to reach for her gun but opened the wrong drawer, so instead she held the intruder, who is 5-feet-10, at bay with her ninjato — a Japanese, single-edged ninja sword — and dialed 911.
Jacob Wessel was charged with residential felony and apologized to Karen Dolley while being led out of her home in handcuffs.
“I didn’t think I was getting good blows in but my knuckles are bruised today,” Dolley said. “Hitting someone like that, it isn’t like the movies. You’re expecting it to be louder and see people jerk around, but that’s not how it happens in real life.”

While police were on their way Wessel made the mistake of reaching into his pocket, which nearly caused Dolley to escalate the situation. He was later charged with residential felony and apologized to Dolley while being led out of her home in handcuffs.

“I’m really, really glad I didn’t have to do anything more,” Dolley said. “I know I could do it, but I don’t want to do that.” [ <3 this! ]

As an 18-year-old Dolley honed her medieval fighting skills at the Society of Creative Anachronism, an organization focused on pre-17th century Europe in which “Members, dressed in clothing of the Middle Ages and Renaissance, attend events which feature tournaments, royal courts, feasts, dancing, various classes & workshops,” according to its website (http://www.sca.org/).

As a member of the group, Dolley, wearing armor, would fight men far taller and more experienced than her, with weapons such as swords.

Dolley now shows off her skills skating for her roller derby team, the Naptown Rollers.

“I definitely don’t need to work on my aggression, I guess,” Dolley said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...t-fighter-indianapolis-home-article-1.2392756

Love it! :D

Karen Dolley, known as Foul Morguean in the Naptown Roller Girls team, was asleep in her home in Indianapolis, Indiana, when she woken by the sound of a male voice.

Dolley, 43, who is 168cm tall, jumped out of bed, turned on the lights and saw an intruder standing in her living room, the Indianapolis Star reported.

Dolley, who learned medieval combat fighting in international organisation The Society for Creative Anachronism, attacked the intruder, punching him about 10 times and pinning him in her bedroom.

She then reached for her gun in a nearby drawer but accidentally opened the wrong drawer. Dolley then grabbed a Japanese-style sword called ninjato, which she kept by her bed.

She kept the intruder, 30-year-old jacob Wessel, cornered with the sword and dialled for the police, who duly arrested Wessel on arrival.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...uder-in-her-home/story-fnq2o7hp-1227564997852

That's awesome!! Too bad we don't get to see his mug when he left there....:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::crack:

Back