• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
no pics yet

A 42-year-old mother of two was shot and killed in South Los Angeles Monday morning when an argument erupted over a $10 payment,
[....]
The shooting was reported at about 6:50 a.m. in the 5700 block of Ninth Avenue according to Officer Wendy Reyes
[....]
Terri Smith lived at the transitional housing residence with her 11-year-old daughter and 20-month-old son as well as six other adults.

On Monday morning, police said a dispute erupted between one of those residents, a 57-year-old man, and Smith over a $10 Internet payment.

The argument followed a week-long disagreement between Smith and the roommate over the bill, LAPD Detective
[....]
At some point during the confrontation, the male resident allegedly pulled out a gun and fired at Smith, who was pronounced dead at the scene,
[...]
Her 40-year-old boyfriend was also injured and was transported to the hospital in stable condition with a gunshot wound to the torso,
[...]
The alleged gunman suffered stab wounds that police said may have been self inflicted. He was expected to be arrested for murder and attempted murder.
Smith’s niece wants her aunt remembered as a hard worker and a good mother.

“I just want her to be remembered as a woman who loved her children,” said niece Tavia Anderson.
http://ktla.com/2014/04/14/police-respond-to-reported-shooting-in-south-l-a/#ixzz2z08PtuXg
2eulipt.jpg

At least 11 people have been killed within a mile of Monday’s shooting, according to the Homicide Report.​

[...]
Los Angeles County coroner officials identified the victim of the 6:50 a.m. shooting Monday in the 5700 block of 9th Avenue in Hyde Park as Terri Kwan Smith, 42.
[....]
The shooting followed a weeklong disagreement between Smith and one of the roommates, Kenneth Theodrick Parks, 55, over the Internet service payment, Barling said.

During the argument Monday, Parks allegedly pulled a gun and shot Smith.

Her 40-year-old boyfriend was wounded and taken to a hospital, where he was in stable condition, police said.

Parks is expected to be charged with murder and attempted murder and remained jailed in lieu of $1-million bail. He was scheduled to be arraigned Wednesday morning.
[...]
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...ngeles-20140415,0,5201572.story#ixzz2z08oNzaf

Last edited:
37zps.jpg
Terri Kwan Smith, 42, was fatally shot in a dispute with a roommate on April 14, 2014
[...]
Kenneth Theodrick Parks was taken into custody about 7 p.m. Monday, about 12 hours after the shooting, Los Angeles Police Department Officer Nuria Venegas said.

Parks had been taken to a hospital to be treated for stab wounds that may have been self-inflicted following the shooting, which occurred at a home in the 5700 block of Ninth Avenue (map) in the Hyde Park neighborhood.
[....]
http://ktla.com/2014/04/15/hyde-par...ll-idd-alleged-gunman-arrested/#ixzz2z0DbXFQW

I really, really hate people sometimes... in what world is $10 worth scarring a child for life? I love my internet and would be sad to see it go but never enough to take a mama from her babies...

Sickening kill someone over ten bucks. I 'm not blaming the victim but damn why didn't she go out and panhandle for the damn money so the crazy bastard wouldn't kill you.

Sickening kill someone over ten bucks. I 'm not blaming the victim but damn why didn't she go out and panhandle for the damn money so the crazy bastard wouldn't kill you.

Cause she had two kids, every dollar counts and she didn't expect him to kill her.

Omg dude. They will not cut your precious interwebz if you're a little late with the payment. I went almost all of last month without paying the bill and they didn't even charge me extra when I did.
What a bastard. Going to the library would definitely work out better than this deal with the devil.

At least now he'll never see the Internet again. Except to prepare his "I'm a crazy transient, so I can't be held responsible" defense.

A Los Angeles man who prosecutors say shot dead a woman and wounded her boyfriend during an argument over a $10 cable bill last year was sentenced on Thursday to 158 years to life in prison.

Kenneth Theodrick Parks, 57, was convicted last month of one count each of murder and attempted murder, with special allegations that he used a firearm to inflict great bodily injury.

Prosecutors say Parks and 42-year-old Terri Smith both rented out rooms at a home in Los Angeles and had an ongoing dispute over a $10 cable bill at the time of the shooting.

According to evidence presented at trial Parks was outside Smith's room when he opened fire, killing her.
http://news.yahoo.com/l-man-murdered-woman-over-10-cable-bill-192507607.html

For crying out loud if you need $10 that bad you could probably panhandle it in no time. There would have to be a better way than murder to get that little bit of paper.

I kind of agree...its ten bucks, you owe it, pay it.

I just don't understand what the hell he thought this was going to fix. Yeah, she owed the money and all that shit, but WTF???? Do ya feel like a bad ass now, ya dumb mother fucker??? She owes, $10, so just to prove a point that nobody is going to "rip him off" he shoots her and her man in front of the kids. He goes to prison for EVER, she still owes him the $10 and will still not get to pay the internet bill that was obviously so damn important to him. I hope the point he was trying to make was worth it to him cuz now it don't matter who owes him what or what bills he's gotta pay or anything! DUMBASS!!!!!

Back