• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Florida Keys deputies investigating the suspected heroin overdose of a Key Largo man found four severely neglected children living in the RV where the body was found.

Monroe County Sheriff’s Office deputies found the body of Kyle Franklin Rohman, 32, lying in a bedroom in the back of the RV.

Deputies say there were syringes and other drug paraphernalia, including spoons and NARCAN, a drug used to revive overdosing opiate users.

The children, ages 13, 7, 6 and 2, were found unbathed wearing dirty clothes on makeshift plywood bunk beds about 4 feet away from where Rohman was found dead, said Adam Linhardt, sheriff’s office spokesman.

The RV had no running water, which meant no working shower, bathtub or toilets, Linhardt said. There was rotting food in the sink and refrigerator, as well as a sink full of dirty dishes. Deputies said the RV was infested with bugs and smelled like urine.

The children’s mother, Ashley Joelle Connolly, 34, told Detective Darnell Durham that she and Rohman shot up heroin around 4 a.m. Rohman got up to inject more, while she smoked marijuana, she told Durham.

Rohman became unresponsive. She tried performing CPR on him at first, before dosing him with the NARCAN.

Deputies arrested her on four felony counts of child neglect. Connolly was being held in county jail on a $100,000 bond.

The Florida Department of Children and Family Services placed the children in the care of family friends, Linhardt said.
1601326776280.png

“The RV had no running water”
That friggen absolutely disgusting. Never mind the showers n not washing dishes but to be confined to the very small size of an RV (even the larger ones r still tiny inside) n not being able to flush the toilet EVER? Seriously I can’t even imagine the smell inside that place.
“Deputies said the RV was infested with bugs and smelled like urine.”

I think it smelled way worse than urine. Ie: see above. I can imagine the amount of bugs crawling around in there and all over the place n while they slept n ate, if the did ever eat seeing how everything was rotting.
“she and Rohman shot up heroin around 4 a.m.”

So they obviously didn’t try to hide their drug abuse from their children. Imagine at that age witnessing your parents getting all messed up, falling over nothing, nodding off mid conversation with you? Etc etc

“Rohman became unresponsive. She tried performing CPR on him at first, before dosing him with the NARCAN.”
Seeing how she’s also an addict n understand exactly what is going on AND also having a NARCAN in your home why wouldn’t you first inject that and than preform the CPR? If he did OD ?CPR wouldn’t make much sense without injecting the NARCAN first. Am I correct in saying this or not? I’m not fully educated on NARCAN n ODs but that’s what makes sense to me.

She has lost the right to be those children's mother.

For all I care the judge can let her go on to Overdose and die just do not return those kids to her.

They also need to vet those family friends the children are with very carefully.

If they were aware of the neglect and did not report it they should not have the children either.

My daughter called me about some tictok going around about... I am going to dress up at Halloween as XYZ so my parents will notice me.. it's stupid shit like a twinkie and such .. and then one posted I am going to dress up as a needle so my mom will notice me .. her one true love. That brought tears to my eyes... of course my girls were gasping for air from laughing so hard that someone would call their parent out like that in front of their friends and the world.. I just wanted to hug the kid!

1695322854543.jpeg

Name:CONNOLLY, ASHLEY J

Current Release Date: 11/24/2024

Current Prison Sentence History:​

Offense DateOffenseSentence DateCountyCase No.Prison Sentence Length
08/22/2020 CHILD NEGLECT 02/14/2023MONROE20001812Y 9M 0D
08/22/2020 CHILD NEGLECT 02/14/2023MONROE20001812Y 9M 0D

You know what they don't tell you is that the RV was connected to water but there was a leak the was getting repaired. It was also parked outside a one bedroom house that the family had access to. For showers water and whatnot. The children had excellent credits in school even though it was remote schooling.

You know what they don't tell you is that the RV was connected to water but there was a leak the was getting repaired. It was also parked outside a one bedroom house that the family had access to. For showers water and whatnot. The children had excellent credits in school even though it was remote schooling.

Ah. Thanks for the 2020 version of "Hitler was nice to his dogs".

@Victoria Not so epic, but you called it awfully close.

Last edited:
Yet it smelled like urine, with rotting food and bugs everywhere. Does it matter if there was a leak or not? And I highly doubt kids of 2 junkies, kids that were found dirty and unkempt had "great credits in school" I'm not sure how school works in the US but kids that young don't get "credits" where I live. That's for high-school. (I could be mistaken like I said, I'm not from the US)

Maybe instead of coming online to defend the undefendable, and looking like a jackass, you should get clean and help your family take proper care of their living quarters and children. Priorities. Yours are all screwed up.

Ps WE DON'T BELIEVE YOU

kids that were found dirty and unkempt had "great credits in school" I'm not sure how school works in the US but kids that young don't get "credits" where I live. That's for high-school. (I could be mistaken like I said, I'm not from the US)

You opened up a can of worms @Jellyfish Brain !
I never understood how this all worked, this homeschooling, so I figured I would look.
Good f-ing lord.

Things are different from state to state but they lived in Florida so I focused there

Credits. 1 credit is given for every 135 hours of home instruction. In this case, whatever mom reported yearly.
Theres no "Good" credits.

(Probably only the 7 and 13 year old were registered (a one time form submitted) to be homeschooled.)

From the FL Dept of Education:

There are no parent qualification, hours of instruction, or subject requirements.

●Florida does require annual evaluations
But!
●Each year, homeschooled students must be evaluated by a certified teacher, take a standardized test, or be evaluated by a licensed psychologist.

But @Jellyfish Brain ? Naturally, of course, as you may have suspected, there is opportunity for the scamming kind of parent to skim some things off the top.

Behold! The $8,000 expense voucher for homeschooled kids!

Sure, its supposted to be for textbooks, maybe an outside class or two, tutoring, some odd supplies here and there.
That's tightly monitored, not much room for shenanigans there.

1000014274.jpg

But Governor DeSantis (Above, the one with the hooks pulling the sides of his mouth up into a rictus a smile) in all his inglorious duncery signed approval for the vouchers to purchase things like:

●Disneyland tickets
●TVs
●Paddleboards, canoes, kayaks, weight benches, treadmills, an AIR HOCKEY TABLE.
●Food suscription kits
●Dress up clothes
●Woodworking tools
●Surfboards
●Musical Instruments
●A picnic table

So many things that can be pawned or traded.

1000014269.jpg
1000014273.jpg

1000014272.jpg

1000014270.jpg

And by the way, if everyone had such easy access to the house shower, why was everyone unwashed?

But hey, they were NOT dead!!

You opened up a can of worms @Jellyfish Brain !
I never understood how this all worked, this homeschooling, so I figured I would look.
Good f-ing lord.

Things are different from state to state but they lived in Florida so I focused there

Credits. 1 credit is given for every 135 hours of home instruction. In this case, whatever mom reported yearly.
Theres no "Good" credits.

(Probably only the 7 and 13 year old were registered (a one time form submitted) to be homeschooled.)

From the FL Dept of Education:

There are no parent qualification, hours of instruction, or subject requirements.

●Florida does require annual evaluations
But!
●Each year, homeschooled students must be evaluated by a certified teacher, take a standardized test, or be evaluated by a licensed psychologist.

But @Jellyfish Brain ? Naturally, of course, as you may have suspected, there is opportunity for the scamming kind of parent to skim some things off the top.

Behold! The $8,000 expense voucher for homeschooled kids!

Sure, its supposted to be for textbooks, maybe an outside class or two, tutoring, some odd supplies here and there.
That's tightly monitored, not much room for shenanigans there.

View attachment 109178

But Governor DeSantis (Above, the one with the hooks pulling the sides of his mouth up into a rictus a smile) in all his inglorious duncery signed approval for the vouchers to purchase things like:

●Disneyland tickets
●TVs
●Paddleboards, canoes, kayaks, weight benches, treadmills, an AIR HOCKEY TABLE.
●Food suscription kits
●Dress up clothes
●Woodworking tools
●Surfboards
●Musical Instruments
●A picnic table

So many things that can be pawned or traded.

View attachment 109174View attachment 109175
View attachment 109176

View attachment 109177

And by the way, if everyone had such easy access to the house shower, why was everyone unwashed?

But hey, they were NOT dead!!
Huh, that's odd. I don't see drug paraphernalia, heroin, marijuana, or narcan on that supplies list. I guess ol' junkie mama got the wrong list of things to buy! Oops!

Thanks for the receipts Blundy, always good to know what they were SUPPOSED to be doing according to their state laws!

Back