• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
She got 20 years to life for the murder. With the kidnapping enhancement, that moved it to life in prison with out parole. She will never get out.
The gag order will be lifted.

the gag order is lifted but the judge is still considering whether the documents concerning how Sandra died will be sealed indefinitely.

San Joaquin County Judge Linda Lofthus lifted a gag order at the sentencing and was set to consider whether to unseal documents in the case.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/06/14/ap/national/main6581334.shtml

The nosy in me wants to know what happened, but the mother in me doesn't. I fear that it will probably be such horrible information that will bring alot of us to our knees.

That's pretty ballsy, asking for forgiveness from the girl's mother. I don't know if I'd have been able to restrain myself, if I was the mother...I think I would've gone OFF.

Also pretty f'd up to say "she didn't suffer & I didn't sexually molest her". Oh, THANKS, that makes Mom feel SO much better. Who'd believe the crazy bitch anyway?

The nosy in me wants to know what happened, but the mother in me doesn't. I fear that it will probably be such horrible information that will bring alot of us to our knees.

I hear you and agree with you, to a point.

I hope this comes across the way I want it to. There is no doubt in my mind Sandra suffered a cruel and sadistic death at the hands of Huckaby. Why should Huckaby have the luxury of the public never knowing what she did? Sandra deserves to have her story told, just as much as any other victim.

I don't think it benefits us, as a society, to not know what happened to this little girl.

That said, I certainly can't blame Maria Chavez for feeling the way she does.

No, don't get me wrong, I believe Sandra's story needs to be told, also, just I don't know if I have the stomach for it. I know that I'll end up reading about it, cause I'm just the nosiest bitch around, but I know it's gonna be awful and she was such a pretty and innocent young thing, who, in no stretch of the imagination, deserved to be hurt in any way, especially by someone she knew and trusted.

I think this story needs to be told for one reason because we all have to get the typical picture that we have in our minds of the type of person that is capable of doing such awful, awful things to our children. Alot of people need to know that it could be the pretty young mother down the street, and not always the creepy old man hanging out on the corner. Just to keep our eyes, ears, and minds open.

No, don't get me wrong, I believe Sandra's story needs to be told, also, just I don't know if I have the stomach for it. I know that I'll end up reading about it, cause I'm just the nosiest bitch around, but I know it's gonna be awful and she was such a pretty and innocent young thing, who, in no stretch of the imagination, deserved to be hurt in any way, especially by someone she knew and trusted.

I think this story needs to be told for one reason because we all have to get the typical picture that we have in our minds of the type of person that is capable of doing such awful, awful things to our children. Alot of people need to know that it could be the pretty young mother down the street, and not always the creepy old man hanging out on the corner. Just to keep our eyes, ears, and minds open.

That is a very, very good point. So many people think there is a 'look' to people who prey on children. If only they were so easy to identify!

The "look" would simplify things a bit, just 'em shoot on sight and get it over with. But unfortunately can't rely on looks.

One reason the story needs to be told is because every person is now going to be a potential suspect. Every child's parent and significant other or father is a suspect. There is no more Mayberry RFD anymore in America. That is dead and over with.

People say oh its because the media is better now.. could be ... but these things happened before but weren't so publicized.

Well it sure changes the way I view life in AMerica. No matter where, no matter when... I watch out for the kids around me and suspect any and all and use my eyes.

If you see a child not treated right and endangered... perhaps we need to do something about it and let it get investigated.. not that investigators will do the right thing till there is a crisis. I just don't know anymore. Life is pretty scary out there for all of us.

"She did not suffer, and I did not sexually molest her," Huckaby said. "I'm asking you, Maria, for your forgiveness."

Yeah, because killing her, stuffing her body in a suitcase and dumping her in a drainage pond isn't all that bad once you take out the suffering and the sexual molestation.

Eff you, Melissa Huckaby! Who are you to say Sandra didn't suffer? Were you inside her mind experiencing her terror as she was killed by you, someone who should have been trusted to NOT do something horrible like this? Eff you sideways with a rusty railroad spike! You don't deserve the luxury of Maria Chavez's forgiveness. The only thing you deserve is to suffer a long, agonizing, body ravaging, cancer-like death. Rot in hell, bitch.

I think it's a good idea for the public to know exactly what happened. There are too many good points to list, but only one very powerful reason not to let it out, the mom. I would love to protect her from any more pain, but I can't She's where she has to be, because of this bitch.
But people need to know front and center, what the world we live in is like. So they can no longer bury their head in the dirt singing lalalalalalalalal. There are real live monsters out there, right next door even. If it were my daughter or son, I wouldn’t have wanted the plea. Like it was said above, this bitch should not be able to hid behind the evidence that put her away. It should be known to everyone that she hurt that baby the way she did. She should not have the privileges non baby rapers/lifers have. She should be in her cell right where we know she is, for the rest of her time. Even if she doesn't get killed by the state, death row is not like life in the yard. (although I would love to see her lifeless body left lying in the yard after a rumble) I don’t want her thinking she got away with it, which she did. But if no one knows about the evidence, that part of her crime can easily slip away in the public’s eye. This should never slip away. Ever.

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_15293564?source=most_viewed&nclick_check=1
STOCKTON — A newly released court document shows that Melissa Huckaby drugged her 8-year-old neighbor, Sandra Cantu, and beat her with a rolling pin before stuffing her body into a suitcase and throwing it into a Tracy irrigation pond last year.

Sandra's body was found with a blood-soaked cloth knotted into a noose, and her official cause of death was listed as "homicidal asphyxiation," according to court records that had previously been under gag order.

Facing a sentence of life in prison without parole, Melissa Huckaby apologized Monday morning for kidnapping and killing Sandra.

Wads of used tissue gathered on the table in front of her as she spoke to Sandra's mother in court and asked for forgiveness. A weeping Huckaby said she still cannot understand why she committed the crime, but that Sandra did not suffer and, contrary to reports, was not sexually molested.

"I wish I can bring Sandra back, but I can't," said Huckaby, who was shackled at the feet and dressed in a red jail jumpsuit.

She told her family — whom she thanked for their support and unconditional love — that she was sorry. She apologized to her own daughter, of whom she no longer has custody, and said she hoped that one day she will forgive her.

And she apologized to the people of Tracy and the Police Department who tirelessly worked to find the Tracy girl alive.

For her crimes, Huckaby, a 29-year-old former Sunday school teacher, will spend of the rest of her natural life in prison without the possibility of parole. In a surprise move, she pleaded guilty last month to murdering and kidnapping Sandra. In exchange, prosecutors took the death penalty off the table and dropped sexual abuse charges. Also dropped were charges in two unrelated drugging cases involving another Tracy girl and a Hayward man. A theft case she was facing from Tracy was terminated.

Huckaby sobbed when a video about Sandra was played Monday in the San Joaquin Superior Court in Stockton. She didn't look away, but covered her face with her hands.

Sandra's family members also had the opportunity to speak to Huckaby before she was sentenced.

"You took the life of an innocent girl ... she's not old enough to decide to eat ice cream yet," said Sandra's father, Daniel Cantu, who paused during his statement, overcome with emotion.

Judy Lawless, Huckaby's mother, apologized to the family and addressed Sandra's mother, Maria Chavez.

"If I could give you justice, the justice you deserve, that would be for you to have your baby girl in your arms right now. ... From mother to mother, I'm sorry," Lawless said.
On April 6, after Sandra's body was found, police searched the church and found a rolling pin that had a bent handle and a bloody smudge later proven to be Sandra's DNA. According to the court record, "there were injuries to the external genitalia which were consistent with the diameter of the rolling pin handles." The girl's family and church members said Sandra had never been in the church before.

Prescription bottles of a drug detected in Sandra's body, Alprazolam, were also found in Huckaby's purse. According to the Alprazolam website, the drug — sometimes marketed as Xanax — is used to treat anxiety.

In addition, police found that one of the window blinds in the church was missing a cord. An FBI expert determined that the remaining cords were consistent in every way with one that was used to bind shut the suitcase that contained Sandra's body.

Last edited:
:argh: A fucking rolling pin??? Good heavens lady. You should have been sentanced to death. DEATH. By rolling pin.

The ONLY good thing I see about this is the F uckin Bitch will NEVER get to do that again. She did it before, and she would have continued to do so. I still think she wasn't alone in this. :argh:

if you read the whole thing at the link, she also stated that she didn't know why she did it.... thats why she drugged two other people twice before she murdered Sandra? if i didn't know any better, i would say that MH has been mentally ill for years, and the Xanax just set it off more. that is JMO.

"If I could give you justice, the justice you deserve, that would be for you to have your baby girl in your arms right now. ... From mother to mother, I'm sorry," Lawless said.

From Mother to this twisted fucking cunt I would have to say, "FUCK YOU!"

I read in one of the linked articles that she tried to swallow three razor blades before she was arrested.

I wish she had succeeded. It sounds like a terrible thing to have suffered from. I wish that she would have been almost dead and saved at the last possible moment soo that she could suffer a fraction of what she put others thru.

I do not believe that Sandra wasn't raped since that was one of the original charges. I think Huckaby is trying to cover her ass so she doesn't get murdered in prison. She is a sick freaking monster and deserves everything she is going to get and then some.

The only reason that I wish her the death penalty is because it would get her into the fires of hell faster.

idk. i don't think she was...but either way, they will release the autopsy soon.

oh and badfish, she was also suspected of arson, charged with shoplifting, and had tried to kill herself several times before...(i know you hate her, so i just wanted to give you a little more rage fule..lol ;):hello:

Fuck that bitch! She didn't suffer my ass! I don't care how drugged up you had her, she suffered from being drugged up. Then you go and choke her to death? was that before or after you used the rolling pin to violate her?????? nasty whore! you got lucky you get life without parole.

I doubt that she was schizo because I don't think you can ask for the death penalty for mentally ill/mentally challenged offenders.

2saii5y.jpg

A newly released grand jury transcripts show Melissa Huckaby drugged 8-year old Sandra Cantu, and sexually assaulted her with a rolling pin before strangling her with an alcohol soaked noose.

Sandra"s body was found with a blood-soaked cloth knotted into a noose, and her official cause of death was listed as "homicidal asphyxiation," according to court records that had previously been under gag order.

Source

DAMN she got fat and old looking. And i can't believe she was allowed to plead when she still insists she didn't molest her. Well then who did?

Back