• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Abroad

Veteran Member
A 19-year-old man is to stand trial accused of murdering a woman and trying to kill her 85 year-old partner in their Glasgow home.

Paul McManus is charged with attacking Isabelle Sanders and Norman Busby after allegedly breaking into their property in Crookston in April this year.

It is alleged Mr McManus killed Ms Sanders by repeatedly striking the 51 year-old on the head and body with knives or similar implements.

He is accused of attempting to murder her partner Mr Busby having also demanded car keys from him.

The indictment also claims the 19-year-old stole money, a computer, cables and a decanter from the couple as well as trying to rob them of their car.

He is then accused of attempting to defeat the ends of justice after committing the alleged attacks.

Mr McManus faces a separate charge that on 8 April he assaulted and tried to steal a car from Daniel O'Donnell outside a Spar shop in the city's Barrhead Road.

He is further accused of trying to rob Ching Long Law of a mobile phone on 2 April in Nitshill Road, Glasgow.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-28742275

A murder accused confessed to a friend that he had killed a woman and stabbed an elderly man, a court has heard.

Ross Arthurs said Paul McManus told him he "couldn't stop" after attacking Isabelle Sanders, 51, in her home in Crookston, Glasgow.

Mr Arthurs said: "He said he stabbed her repeatedly on the head and shoulders. It was horrible."

Mr Arthurs said Paul McManus had earlier turned up at his home and told him "I'm going to be on Crimewatch."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-30180363

A woman who died after being attacked by an intruder in her Glasgow home was stabbed 37 times, a court has heard.

Pathologist Dr Marjorie Turner told the High Court in Glasgow that two wounds inflicted on Isabelle Sanders, at her Crookston home, on 9 April, were fatal.

Advocate depute Bruce Erroch, prosecuting, asked: "If it was suggested that one person stabbed this lady with a knife in each hand would that be consistent with your findings?"

Dr Turner replied: "Yes."

The jury heard that some of the stab wounds had sliced through bone and Dr Turner said these would have required "moderate force".

The pathologist said that the two fatal wounds would have resulted in excessive blood loss and Ms Sanders would have died within minutes.

The court also heard that Ms Sanders had some cuts to her hands, which Dr Turner said may have been defensive wounds.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-30247626

A man accused of killing a woman in her Glasgow home has admitted stabbing her partner but blamed the murder on other men he claimed were his accomplices.

Mr McManus' has incriminated Ross Arthurs and Christopher O'Reilly, both of whom deny being at Ms Sanders home.

While giving evidence, Mr McManus admitted that he robbed and stabbed Ching Long Law in Nitshill Road, Glasgow, on 2 April.

He also admitted stealing three bottles of alcohol from the Day to Day Store in Glasgow Road, Barrhead on 8 April and on the same day, stabbing and attempting to steal a car from Daniel O'Donnell at the Spar Shop in Barrhead Road, Glasgow.

Mr McManus said that he knocked the back door and added: "The guy comes to the door. I opened the door and showed him the knives and forced him into the living room. I said: 'Get the car keys.'"

He then claimed that Ms Sanders came down the stairs and added: "I was obviously shouting, threatening him. He grabbed my left arm and the knife went into my hand. That's when the woman came down the stairs and I just panicked and stabbed him."

Mr McManus told the jury that Mr Arthurs and Mr O'Reilly came into the kitchen and he told them to stop Ms Sanders leaving or phoning the police.

He said he then went upstairs with Mr Busby to search for his car keys.

Mr Jackson said: "What happened then?" and Mr McManus replied: "I heard something. A struggle or something. I went down and Isabelle was lying down. They said she tried to get away and said they flung the phone away."

The QC asked: "When you left to go upstairs was Ms Sanders injured?" and McManus said: "No, she was just in a state of panic."

Mr Jackson then said: "When you came back down had she been stabbed, was she on the ground, had she obviously been stabbed?" and he replied: "Aye."

The court has heard that a pair of jogging trousers and a tracksuit top belonging to Mr McManus had the DNA of Ms Sanders on them.

In evidence Mr McManus admitted they were his, but claimed that that night they were worn by Mr Arthurs.

Mr McManus was asked why he never told the police about Mr Arthurs and Mr O'Reilly allegedly being with him and replied: "I didn't tell the police. I wouldn't have told nobody if they hadn't said it was me."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-30295993

Back