• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
1712864907844.png

O.J. Simpson, a former professional football star acquitted of charges in the murder of his former wife and her friend -- but later found liable in a separate civil trial -- has died.

He was 76 years old.
His family shared the news on social media Thursday, saying he passed away the day before.

Simpson was reportedly diagnosed with prostate cancer in February and had been undergoing treatment. Simpson's attorney confirmed to TMZ on Thursday that he died in Las Vegas.

On April 10th, our father, Orenthal James Simpson, succumbed to his battle with cancer," the family wrote. "He was surrounded by his children and grandchildren. During this time of transition, his family asks that you please respect their wishes for privacy and grace."
In 1994, Simpson's ex-wife and mother of two of his children, Nicole Brown, was found stabbed to death with her friend, Ron Goldman in Los Angeles.

Simpson was accused of killing them both, but was acquitted in a highly-publicized trial in 1995. He was later found liable for both deaths by a criminal court jury in 1997 and ordered to pay $33.5 million to family members of Brown and Goldman.

Live TV coverage of his arrest after a famous slow-speed chase in a white Ford Bronco began a stunning fall from grace for the sports hero. The public was then mesmerized by his “trial of the century” on live TV.

Sport Symmachs, Vol. 2 No. 5

iu

OJ Simpson: July 9, 1947 - April 10, 2024. Nobody's more righteous than the Juice!

OJ Simpson, the former American football star turned actor who was controversially cleared of double murder, has died aged 76.

San Francisco-born Orenthal James Simpson rose to fame in college before playing in the NFL.

In 1995, he was acquitted of the murder of his former wife Nicole Brown and her friend in a trial that gripped America.

In 2008, he was sentenced to 33 years' imprisonment on unrelated charges of armed robbery. He was released in 2017.

Simpson died of cancer on Wednesday "surrounded by his children and grandchildren", a family statement read.

In 1994, Simpson was arrested as a suspect in the murder of his ex-wife Nicole Brown and her friend Ron Goldman. The pair were found stabbed to death outside Ms Brown's home in Los Angeles. Simpson became an immediate person of interest in the case.

On the day he was due to turn himself in, he fled in a white Ford Bronco with a former teammate, and led the police on a slow-speed chase through the Los Angeles area.

Most of you reading already know the basics of the case, so there isn't really much to rehash here. 2,000 rushing yards in a season blah blah blah successful acting career yadda yadda stabby stabby blah blah Ford Bronco, fast forward to not guilty blah blah If I Did It, then skip to armed robbery of memorabilia etc. etc.

It definitely appears that OJ Simpson is likely not guilty... of sneaking cookies to his cell while in prison, that is.

O.J. Simpson was caught stealing cookies in prison? The story has been among the Web’s most popular in recent days -- even making it to broadcast news with footage of the former football great with his stomach looking paunchy. And it’s not true, says a prison representative.

But unnamed sources told the National Enquirer -- and it spread from there.

So we asked officials at Lovelock Correctional Center in Nevada.

“There is no validity to the reports that inmate Simpson was caught stealing cookies,” the public information officer for the Nevada Department of Corrections told the Los Angeles Times on Friday.

The rumor was that “inmate Simpson” stuffed oatmeal cookies into his shirt, a guard pulled them out and other inmates LOL’d so hard they actually fell over.

It provided news outlets the opportunity to note Simpson’s weight. When he was in gridiron condition, Simpson weighed 212 pounds, according to the NFL. Fox Sports has decided he weighs 300 pounds. And the New York Post has him doing “lard” time. Ouch.

Even though the cookie thieving probably didn't happen, it still should receive a live action replay. (Thanks John Madden!)

iu

There are very few things in life shadier than being found not guilty of murdering your (ex-)spouse. I hope that wherever OJ is going next, he will be constantly experiencing putting on clothes that are way too small for him while not having any properly fitting alternatives. And no, not just the gloves either. That and probably painful, swollen, uncurable hernias.

And now, let's raise a glass of cherry juice in memory of the cherries that made it and definitely not in memory of this Ford Bronco-driving wife-knifer! I'm saying cherry juice, because I don't think this is the appropriate thread to exalt orange juice, for some reason.

iu

Sante!
Post automatically merged:

Dammit, @Sugar Cookie! You beat me by 2 minutes! ;)

This is not the first time this has happened to me on DD. And it's not even the first time this has happened on DD in a way that involved OJ Simpson.

Last edited:
Oh, oh . . .

From here:

Here are 5 reasons why, but if you read the book https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1...=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=1616086203 there are at least 30 verifiable reasons why Jason was more likely the killer than OJ.

1- Ron Goldman fought for his life, OJ physically was breaking down and didn’t have any bruising on him.

Besides a small cut on his knuckle, OJ who was stripped naked by the LAPD had zero bruising on his body.

Ron Goldman was a 3rd degree black belt. He had defensive wounds on his hands and multiple bruising on his hands and arms from striking someone.

OJ’s knees and body had been ravaged by the NFL, it is unlikely he could have gotten into a full-fledged fight with Ron Goldman and had no bruising at all.

2- Jason Simpson had experience assaulting people with deadly weapons.

Jason had almost killed an ex-girlfriend with a knife, assaulted another girlfriend and came after his boss with a kitchen knife. He was trained in hand-to-hand combat as well as field knife training while attending the Army and Navy Academy. OJ also was squeamish around blood and there was a lot of blood at the scene.

3- Jason was off his antipsychotic meds at the time.

Jason had been diagnosed with intermittent rage disorder which is commonly known as Jekyll and Hyde Syndrome.

He had been known to blackout, hear voices and just go crazy at any time. He had been committed to the hospital several times. He was given medication to keep it under control, but had stop taking it months before the murders.

4- The physical evidence matches Jason more than OJ, but the LAPD never followed up.

Jason Simpson Dog

The cops found a knit cap with hairs from a black male and a dog. OJ didn’t have a dog and didn’t wear knit hats, but Jason had a dog and wore knit hats often. DNA was found under Nicole’s fingernails that didn’t match OJ’s, but they never tested it against Jason’s DNA.

In a storage locker a knife owned by Jason fit the knife that was used at the scene. The knife that the cops thought OJ used did not fit any of the wound patterns.

Jason Knife

The LAPD found 15 unknown fingerprints at the scene and none matched OJ, they never compared them to Jason Simpson known fingerprints.

Once the LAPD locked in on OJ they potentially missed opportunities to find the real killer.

5- Jason has no alibi and was upset at Nicole.

No one knows where Jason was during the time of the killings. His time card from his place of employment was handwritten even though the automatic machine was working. He was upset that Nicole didn’t come to his restaurant the day of the murder and by all accounts he had a love-hate relationship with his step-mother.

And the LAST and final thing if you need even more convincing. OJ hired a criminal defense lawyer for Jason four days after the murder, when OJ at the time was the only suspect.

READ REST:

Last edited:
I'm a tad bit late to the party. Medical issues.

I find it annoying that when I first read this the other day, the very first thing every outlet had to make sure to put or rather remind everyone was that he was acquitted, as if to justify every good thing they were about to say about the scumbag.

And while everyone on God's green earth is aware of that, I would have to say a vast majority believes he was guilty. I myself think so..... right along with Casey. Our justice system is not perfect.

They say it comes in threes. Let's hope Casey is number two.

I was reading some of the conspiracy theories about the murders. The common consensus is he was covering up for someone else. The way it has been described how Ron fought till the end, someone would have had a few bruises at a minimum. O.J was photographed in his underwear without a mark on him anywhere.

Does anyone else remember watching the OJ Bronco Slow Chase down the freeway back in the stone age, it is just me, am I that old? :D
Did David Hasselhoff have a concert that night and blames O.J for never having a career as a musician? I remember watching it on CNN and hearing all the jokes on the late night shows.

Latest posts

Back