• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Authorities in Butler County said Wednesday they are looking for a man who so badly burned a cat it had to be shot by police to put it out of its misery.

The Butler County Sheriff's Office alleges Kevin L. Sullivan, 32, set a cat on fire using lighter fluid Sept. 19 on Howard Street in Middletown.

In a news release, sheriff's office spokeswoman Sgt. Melissa Gerhardt said Sullivan initially lied to law enforcement, but the investigation of the incident led police back to Sullivan.

Middletown police who arrived at Howard Street shot the suffering feline, killing it, authorities said.

Sullivan is wanted on the fifth-degree felony of cruelty to animals.

“This is absolutely disturbing, and this guy definitely needs to be off the streets. I have a room for him here in my jail, where he needs to be," Bulter County Sheriff Richard K. Jones said in the news release. "I don’t understand people who harm or torture a defenseless animal, it is a very cowardly thing to do."

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...y-man-wanted-setting-live-cat-fire/754942001/

. “This is absolutely disturbing, and this guy definitely needs to be off the streets. I have a room for him here in my jail, where he needs to be," Bulter County Sheriff Richard K. Jones said
I love this statement.

People who saw a cat engulfed in flames and running through their neighborhood are outraged after a man who lives nearby was charged with setting the fire.

“The fire was about a foot high off of the cat,” said Renee Manies who lives in the Middletown neighborhood. “I just started crying. I was screaming. I was saying, ‘who would do this to an animal?’

Neighbors put out the fire but it was too late. The cat had to be put down.

“There was no fur, it was just like melted, it was awful,” Manies said.

Kevin Sullivan, who lives just a few feet from where the cat was first seen on fire, is charged with felony animal cruelty for the Sept. 18 crime.

He was arraigned in Middletown Municipal court Friday.

Security cameras captured the cat, fully engulfed in flames, running across Arlington Avenue. People are seen running to help the animal.

“I ran in and we’re getting bowls of water and a wet towel,” Manies said.

Police records show investigators went to Sullivan’s detached garage where they found evidence of the crime.

One officer wrote there was, “an overwhelming smell of lighter fluid” and they found “charred cat skin and cat hair.”
http://www.wlwt.com/article/man-cooks-his-own-food-after-finding-waffle-house-staff-asleep/14002285
f37cf5d9-e38b-463c-9fbd-b1ac6b76f3ff-large16x9_1011Sullivan.JPG

Dupe!!
http://www.dreamindemon.com/communi...ot-the-cat-to-put-it-out-of-its-misery.91739/

Come on @Sugar Cookie you posted this yourself back in October.

This is the latest.
Bond has been set at $50,000 for a Middletown man accused of setting a cat on fire.

Kevin L Sullivan, 32, was arraigned Friday in Middletown Municipal Court on a felony charge of animal cruelty for the alleged September incident on Howard Avenue.

Judge Melynda Cook Howard set the stiff bond and scheduled a preliminary hearing for Dec. 8. Standard bond for such a fifth-degree felony is $5,000.

[...]
http://www.journal-news.com/news/hi...used-setting-cat-fire/gvWPxwrGUi2Cy7gC0G6H7L/

Dec 11, 2018
A Middletown plead guilty to a felony charge of animal cruelty for setting a cat on fire in the summer of 2017.

Kevin L. Sullivan, 33, entered the plea to the fifth-degree felony Tuesday in Butler County Common Pleas Court more than a year after the incident outside a Howard Avenue residence.

Sullivan was scheduled to appear in Judge Charles Pater’s courtroom in May after posting a $50,000 bond, but he never showed.
Pater sentenced Sullivan to three-years probation for cruelty to companion animals. He faced up to 12 months behind bars.

Middletown police and a Butler County Deputy dog warden were dispatched Sept. 18, 2017 to Howard Avenue, where the fire department had put out the cat that was ablaze. A police officer shot the cat to put it out of its misery, according to a police report.

Samples taken from the cat and the blanket used to smother the fire indicated that lighter fluid was used, according to court records.

Police said Sullivan initially lied to them about his involvement, but an investigation by Middletown police and the dog warden’s office led back to him as a suspect.

Dec 11, 2018
A Middletown man has pleaded guilty to a felony charge of animal cruelty for setting a cat on fire in the summer of 2017.

Kevin L. Sullivan, 33, entered the plea to the fifth-degree felony in Butler County Common Pleas Court more than a year after the incident outside a Howard Avenue residence.

Sullivan was scheduled to appear in Judge Charles Pater’s courtroom in May after posting a $50,000 bond, but he never showed.
Six months later police and prosecutors learned Sullivan was serving a jail sentence in Montgomery County for forgery.

Pater sentenced Sullivan to three-years probation for cruelty to companion animals.

Latest posts

Back