• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A North Carolina woman faces animal cruelty charges after deputies seized more than 150 ducks from her property.

Cynthia Huber, 56, faces multiple charges, including nine counts of cruelty to animals.

Deputies seized 153 ducks and three cats from her home after executing a search warrant on Dec. 20.

The sheriff’s office started investigating after a local veterinarian contacted authorities and said the suspect refused medical care for a sick cat.

WWAY reported that the ducks were either disabled or injured and one of them was illegal to have. Two rescue groups in New Hanover County took the animals.
http://myfox8.com/2017/12/29/north-...er-authorities-seize-153-ducks-from-her-home/
huber.jpg

OMG! 150 ducks! Can you imagine the noise? And the filth? Ducks are NOT litter box trainable. Oh Gross!

I love ducks. A lot!<3
I love ducks ponds!<3
I love rubber duckies!<3
I love the game at carnivals where you pick a floating duckie and win a prize!<3
Ducks are friendly, beautiful, useful. Duck eggs are delicious. But, 150+ ducks....o_O
Ummm, NO!
:YOW:

Crazy ducker!
She really ducked up.
Surprised she didn't try to duck out when authorities showed up
[doublepost=1514827171,1514827034][/doublepost]
Wonder what sort of duck is illegal to own? o_O

Cos now ima want one.

Because rebel.
Muscovy ducks are illegalish to own as I seem to recall.
Somethhing about them being a protected species.

Last edited:
March 27, 2019
The woman charged with animal cruelty has entered an agreement in order for the charges to be dropped.

Cynthia Huber was charged with animal cruelty in 2017 when investigators found 153 ducks on her property.

Huber was sentenced earlier this month to six months of unsupervised probation. She was also ordered to pay court costs and fines, plus she cannot own any animals within New Hanover County.

All of Huber’s ducks and cats were taken away.
1585030698891.png
1585030707216.png

The Easter I was 2 years old, my parents put two baby ducklings in my Easter basket (I was allergic to cats, dogs, etc). They were adorable, and I was thrilled to finally have a pet. They quickly grew into huge white ducks, almost as tall as I was. I insisted we buy a pink jeweled collar and a leash, and I would proudly walk my pet duck up and down our street.

Back