• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Do you have a Netflix account?

• Yes and I would be interested

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Not yet, but gonna

• Total voters

Morbid

Rooster Illusion
Staff member
I need to know how many of you have Netflix. I would like to try and set up some movie watching nights, picking Netflix films available to watch instantly. We can use a thread, or take over the chat box while watching the movie. This may not work at all, but I would at least like to attempt it. So if you have Netflix, and may be interested, let me know.

I have Netflix.

Sounds like fun. maybe, unless you watch scary moves. I'm already scared of the dark. I'll need a volunteer to sleep in my floor.

Sweet. Their Instant Watch library is full of crap, but also has a lot of good stuff as well. I figure we can decide on the film to watch by letting people suggest either something they want other's to watch, or maybe we all just pick something we have never seen. Doesn't have to be crime based or any genre in particular. I am going to make a special group for movie participants, and have a couple awards made up for people who participate. I have not worked it out yet, but if it goes well, I will probably give out what ever movie we watch, to one of the participants.

I just need to figure out the best way to watch. We can all Skype, or just chat, or all of the above. I gues we can discuss all that here.

Last edited:
I guess it would depend on how many people we get at one time, but I would rather just do chat than skype. It would be difficult to watch the movie with everyone talking at once.

This sounds like a lot of fun. Count me out, can't afford Netflix at the mo. When I find a job, I will definitely be in. Great idea.

This is a scam.

Morbid just wants to date you all without buying you dinner or drinks OR putting out. What a bastard.

Don't fall for it.

I'd do it, but I can't remember the last time I was able to sit and watch an entire movie in one sitting.

With my cutbacks, Netflix went out the window. But when I had it liked it and I think the idea is really great!

I recommend "Tell No One" for a viewing. It is a top-notch film and freely streamable.

I've already watched it twice in the last few weeks.

I think you should start a new thread for the film you plan on viewing. Do an overview, why you chose that film, who is in it and what they have done before, and then the time and place of the viewing.

Let everyone post their comments in the thread as they are watching along. This way you have a permanent record of the event in the forums. Possibly follow up the viewing with a review on CC (and the DD forums) that links back to the event.

Love the idea and I'll watch most anything, especially horror, actions, sci-fi and well written comedy. Depending on the time, I'll jump in a participate....I'll wait and see what you all come up with.

I have netflix so count me in. The only issue I have is with skype. I dont have it or anything to use for it. No web cam or mic.

Moon, I think you just watch directly from the site, you don't need a webcam/mic for that but you do need speakers, internal are fine.

Unless I missed something, I don't think skype is going to be used?

I watch movies on my computer all the time so thats not a problem.

I didnt read all the way I just read a few posts then posted my quick reply. I dont have a web cam nor do I want one since I tend to not wear pants alot as per my confession in the confession thread.

Well, we got enough people. Now for the fun part. Organization. Should we make a new subforum for this?

This is a scam.

Morbid just wants to date you all without buying you dinner or drinks OR putting out. What a bastard.

Don't fall for it.

I'd do it, but I can't remember the last time I was able to sit and watch an entire movie in one sitting.

Gotta agree with you on that, RA. I would definitely make the effort, but I doubt I'll be able to sit through two hours without pausing at least twice for cigarettes, bathroom breaks, phone calls, or grabbing beer(s) out of the fridge.

Add scheduled intermissions to this plan, and I'm all over it. :)

I'm in.

If it doesn't appear as though I'm paying attention to this thread, someone hit me up, okay? I lose track easy.

I'm in. I've been wanting to see "Tell No One" (book rocked) but have to figure out how to play Netflix movies on my Mac. I don;t think my Mac is wondows based so that mght be an issue.

Back