• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

sugarfree irony

Trusted Member
A father who lied about a neighbor’s dog biting his two-year-old in order to protect his family’s pet could face charges, according to police.

Tyler Smith, of Dayton, said his daughter was building a snowman Feb. 28 in the backyard of her grandparent’s home in the 1300 block of Woodlawn Avenue when she was attacked and bitten on the face.

Pamela S. Willard, of Fairmount Avenue, was cited for the dog running at large incident by Middletown police. Willard denied that her dog was the one involved in the incident.

Today, police told this news outlet that the family may have devised their story in order to spare the family pet.

“We received further information last night,” said Middletown Police Major Mark Hoffman. “At this point, we believe it was the family dog, the victim’s own dog bit her.”
According to a police report, Kimberly Brumett-Smith told police that Tyler Smith, her son, sent her a text message telling her not to tell the truth to the police. Brumett-Smith told police it was actually her dog, which she described as a brown pit bull, that bit her granddaughter in the face at her residence.

“We will be looking at withdrawing the charges on the other dog (owner), if we can determine it was not indeed running loose,” Hoffman said. In addition, Smith could be charged with filing a false report and child endangerment.
http://www.journal-news.com/news/news/crime-law/dog-bites-two-year-old-girl-in-the-face/nkMTN/

A good rule of thumb is to never love anything so much that you wouldn't throw it in your trunk and abandon it in the woods 100 miles away, tied to a tree:confused:

A good rule of thumb is to never love anything so much that you wouldn't throw it in your trunk and abandon it in the woods 100 miles away, tied to a tree:confused:
if your other or one of the littles disappears now I know where to look, lol, now north east south or west?

So they were willing to put another person's dog in danger of being put down but not their own that actually bit the child in the first place?! I would end up being their worst nightmare of a neighbor who they would dread seeing on a daily basis! :finger:

I hate people who lie and don't even care about the consequences they may have on innocent people. Thank goodness somebody came forward to set things straight. I hope the fucker gets some sort of stiff penalty to deter him from doing this bullshit again. Glad the mom had balls the father did not.

Well the accused dog is not an angel.
Willard was cited Feb. 2 for a dog running at large, according to Middletown Municipal Court records. Police responded to her home in the 1300 block of Fairmount Avenue for a report of a ““white dog trying to bite” a postal worker, according to police records. The report also states that a white Blue Heeler breed dog “began charging” at the officer’s car.

Officers who responded to that incident warned Willard “about the same problem the previous week in reference to the white Blue Heeler getting out of the yard and acting vicious towards people walking on the sidewalk,” according to the police report. Officers advised her to confine the dog.

I'm a Cat Lover.<3 Never trust a Dog. Maine Coons are the best. I'm scared to death of dogs, was attacked by a Lab! I hope this child recovered without life long scars. Poor baby.

He lied to protect the dog that bit his daughter's face? Bit her face?

Neuter the fucker and I don't mean the dog.

Dayton is a fucking cesspool. Not sure how this is even news. If a Dayton resident didn't lie or in some manner showed themselves to be the least bit valuable to the world, then THAT would be news, shocking news at that.

This though, no surprise.

I have strong negative feelings towards anyone who lets their dog run loose, and who doesn't do all they possibly can to ensure that their dog is a unlikely to bite as possible.

I agree, i'm just saying that type of behavior should be expected from the people of Dayton.

Back