• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Antoinette Briley is now charged with the 2003 murders of her newborn twin sons in suburban Cook County, according to the Cook County Sheriff’s Office.

Briley, 41, of Holland, Michigan, is charged with two counts of first degree murder.

A sheriff’s police cold case investigation led to the murder charges for the twins’ deaths more than 17 years ago.

On June 6, 2003, the infants were discovered by a Waste Management employee who was emptying trash bins in a Stickney Township alley and saw the bodies in the front lift bucket of her garbage truck, a release from the sheriff’s office said.

An autopsy determined the babies were born alive and died of asphyxiation.

Sheriff’s police reopened the case in 2018 and used DNA from evidence from the scene to try to identify the birth mother using developments in genetic genealogy, allowing detective to identify Briley as the twins’ potential birth mother.

Police traveled to Holland, Michigan, and obtained a discarded item with Briley’s DNA and matched it to the victims.
1607204782532.png

I hope she spent the last 17yrs flinching and hiding every time she saw a cop but she probably thought she'd got away with it. I hope she was completely blindsided from it. I would have loved to have been there to see her shocked face when she was arrested.

Back