• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Turd Fergusen

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
1000011080.jpg

A puzzling new mystery over the identity of an unknown author who has penned a book said to 'reinvent the spy genre' has taken the literary world by storm, with some critics convinced the upcoming thriller has been penned by Taylor Swift.

Despite not being released yet, Argylle, by Elly Conway has already been made into a film by Matthew Vaughn set to be released in February.

The plot follows the introverted spy novelist called Elly Conway (played by Bryce Dallas Howard) who is drawn into the real world of espionage when the plots of her books get a little too close to the activities of a sinister underground syndicate.

But surprisingly little has been shared about Elly - whose name has been spelled interchangeably Ellie and Elly in promotional material.

Elly's Instagram account is empty - she only follows one person - her agent Eric Reid

'When I read this early draft manuscript I felt it was the most incredible and original spy franchise since Ian Fleming's books of the 50s. This is going to reinvent the spy genre,' Vaughn, the brains behind Kingmens gushed'.

But surprisingly little has been shared about Elly - whose name has been spelled interchangeably Ellie and Elly in promotional material.

Her author bio on Penguin simple reads: 'She lives in the United States and is currently working on the next instalment in the series'.

Elly's Instagram account is empty - she only follows one person - her agent Eric Reid.

Taylor Swift is known for leaving 'Easter eggs' and clues for her fans in her work, leaving many to believe she's been hinting that she is Elly Conway.

So is the author really Taylor, or is it a clever PR stunt by the team behind the film?

Perhaps its all are bizarre coincidence, or is the real Elly just a Swiftie and paying homage?

Full Article and list of evidence:

Jfc no nuts in brownies or banana bread or zucchini bread. Quit it you freaks!!!!
I mostly don't like them in baked goods either. And I don't go near zucchini anything if I can help it. But almost everyday I eat a bag of cashews for brekkie. Pecans would be pretty much what I could handle in brownies. Pecan and caramel brownies are divine... :hungry:

And I'm not much of a walnut fan. They seem really greasy to me. So greasy they squeak. Like the peanuts in crunchy peanut butter do. That sound gives me the heebies! :nailbiting:

1000014292.jpg
1000014293.jpg

"The real Elly Conway, author of Argylle, has been uncovered by The Telegraph, and it’s two people (not stacked on top of each other in a trench coat.) The authors, I Am Pilgrim’s Terry Hayes and When She Was Bad’s Tammy Cohen, are behind the spy comedy."

"Director Matthew Vaughn originally claimed an unreleased book written by Conway inspired the movie, and it would be released in conjunction with the film.

Here’s what actually happened: Vaughn wanted to make a movie adaptation of Hayes’s I Am Pilgrim; however, MGM had the rights, and “they could not do a deal with Matthew for their own bizarre reasons,” explained Hayes.

But Vaughn decided that instead of adapting an existing book he couldn’t get his hands on, he’d ask Hayes to write an accompanying book inspired by a movie in development, Argylle, a book that would be like what Conway would’ve written in the context of the movie.

Hayes asked Cohen to co-author the book with him, as he was still working on The Year of the Locust, and Argylle was born."

Back