• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Muriel Schwenck

Beloved Curmudgeon

Assistant State’s Attorney Kevin Deboni said Adam Hollingsworth’s horse was not equipped with shoes when he took it “trotting for miles” in a “Kids’ Lives Matter” protest, injuring the horse’s legs and feet.

NuNu collapsed at one point, but Hollingsworth whipped it to keep it moving, Deboni said. Two veterinarians who later examined the horse said it “suffered greatly, bled profusely,” collapsed repeatedly, and was not correctly saddled and cushioned, according to Deboni. NuNu collapsed repeatedly during treatment, the state said.

Hollingsworth posted a Facebook video on June 11 “saying he’s going to ride his horse til it dies,” Deboni said.

After the 7-plus mile run, the animal’s heart was racing at twice its normal rate, and its eyes were so dilated, they “looked like cartoon eyes,” he continued.

Both veterinarians concluded that NuNu would have died had medical attention not been given. Yet, the horse remains in critical condition. It “will never be deemed suitable to ride again, and euthanasia may be utilized for humane reasons due to the suffering the animal will likely endure for the rest of its life,” Deboni told Cook County Judge David Navarro.
[...]
Prosecutors charged Hollingsworth with animal cruelty, reckless conduct, trespass to state land, and traffic violations.

Emily Bock, his public defender, disputed the extent of any injuries the animal may have received and said Hollingsworth is “known for” riding horses. NuNu was well-fed, and saddle sores are common, she countered. Bock said experts disagree about whether horses need to be shod to walk on concrete.
[...]
“Your attorney referred to a protest,” Navarro said after hearing from the attorneys. “The horse doesn’t know that it’s part of a protest.” Navarro said the treatment described by prosecutors “appears criminal” as he recounted allegations that NuNu collapsed and was beaten to get up.

“Reference is made to the census,” Navarro told Hollingsworth. “I don’t know what any of this has to do with the promotion of the census…[it appears] more related to the promotion of yourself.”
[...]

Saddle sores are only common in ill kept animals with lousy owners! As for wearing shoes on pavement: that depends on hoof condition and can be determined by a farrier. But trotting for miles on pavement would hurt even a horse in tip-top hoof condition accustomed to going "barefoot".
This man should be forbidden to keep or ride horses.

Last edited:
1601031265771.png

Speaking publicly for the first time after bailing out of Cook County jail on $25,000 bond on Thursday, Hollingsworth insisted he did not mean to hurt the animal – named Nunu – and that he was merely trying to raise awareness for what he called the “Kids Lives Matter” cause. He did, however, acknowledge riding the animal for too long.

“I didn’t mean no harm on my horse at all. I’m a horse- [and] animal-loving person,” he told reporters. “My focus is Kids Lives Matter. And if a person can’t agree with that, I don’t know what to call you.”

I love Nunu... She is one of my newer horses. I've had her about three months and we've grown a bond. A bond like she's one of my kids.
Prosecutors say that the creature was severely dehydrated, exhausted and suffering serious injuries to her hooves when she collapsed on the asphalt expressway in critical condition on Monday, after which she was brought to an animal shelter for treatment. While the shelter said Nunu’s condition is improving, authorities noted she can never be ridden again and may still have to be euthanized if she is unable to regain her ability to walk.

Hollingsworth was skeptical about the prosecutors’ claims, suggesting they overstated the extent of the animal's injuries in order to harm his public image. He also noted he is now seeking a private lawyer to get Nunu back, adding “they haven’t told me anything about my horse.”

Despite disputing local authorities’ account of Monday’s stunt, Hollingsworth said he would “do it again” if he had the chance. “I’ve been to jail. I’ve got a background. I’m not perfect. I would rather go to jail for something like [this],” he said. “That is something worth going to jail for.”

In wrapping up his brief presser on Thursday, the man called on Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot to help him with his legal case, also appealing to Chicago-area hip hop artists for assistance, including Common, Kanye West and Chance the Rapper.

So he rode a horse to death to bring awareness about the census? What the ever-loving fuck? This was a horse he had recently acquired. Did he take out an insurance policy? Cause this sure looks like premeditated murder to me.

"Hollingsworth posted a Facebook video on June 11 “saying he’s going to ride his horse til it dies,” Deboni said."

I still dont understand how running a horse brings awareness to people about the census.

Wouldnt it have been better if he walked and stopped to talk to people along the way.
This time he was forcing his horse to do it for "kids lives matter".
I don't understand how walking or running humans makes a difference. If you are fit enough to walk several miles for a cause then you could do some actual work for a cause.

Last edited:
This time he was forcing his horse to do it for "kids lives matter".
I don't understand walking or running humans makes a difference. If you are fit enough to walk several miles for a cause then you could do some actual work for a cause.
Yes but if he wanted to make an impact, why not walk the horse and talk to people along the way.

I have ridden my horse in town and everyone wants to talk to you.

I have ridden my horse in town and everyone wants to talk to you.
ah, did they want to talk to YOU or talk about your horse?
We know why. It's all about Hollingsworth's personal fantasy of cowboy activism and Look At Me, and nothing to do with actual animal Care or authentic equestrian skill. He is a fraud as an true equestrian and revealed himself after a frenzy of "activism" resulting in animal abuse.
If only he had just "ridden to town" for a conversation, but he wanted so much more for himself and so little for his faithful equine partner.
This narcissistic asshole found an attorney who knows anything about horses or animal husbandry.

I've ridden my horse through the McDonald's drive-thru, back when I was a teen. That was a conversation starter.
Yeah, when you were a teen. You've grown up since then!
Post automatically merged:

I've ridden my horse through the McDonald's drive-thru, back when I was a teen. That was a conversation starter.
Yeah, when you were a teen. You've grown up since then!

Last edited:
This is heart wrenching.
I think he should be barred for life of owning any animals. Or being around them.

If your horse gets saddle sores, you're doing it wrong.
there is aa petition out calling for max charges & not allowing him to own horses or anything else, he is an asshat, so far, I can't find the petition will try on twitter where I put it up right after this happened

View attachment 41751

Speaking publicly for the first time after bailing out of Cook County jail on $25,000 bond on Thursday, Hollingsworth insisted he did not mean to hurt the animal – named Nunu – and that he was merely trying to raise awareness for what he called the “Kids Lives Matter” cause. He did, however, acknowledge riding the animal for too long.

“I didn’t mean no harm on my horse at all. I’m a horse- [and] animal-loving person,” he told reporters. “My focus is Kids Lives Matter. And if a person can’t agree with that, I don’t know what to call you.”

Prosecutors say that the creature was severely dehydrated, exhausted and suffering serious injuries to her hooves when she collapsed on the asphalt expressway in critical condition on Monday, after which she was brought to an animal shelter for treatment. While the shelter said Nunu’s condition is improving, authorities noted she can never be ridden again and may still have to be euthanized if she is unable to regain her ability to walk.

Hollingsworth was skeptical about the prosecutors’ claims, suggesting they overstated the extent of the animal's injuries in order to harm his public image. He also noted he is now seeking a private lawyer to get Nunu back, adding “they haven’t told me anything about my horse.”

Despite disputing local authorities’ account of Monday’s stunt, Hollingsworth said he would “do it again” if he had the chance. “I’ve been to jail. I’ve got a background. I’m not perfect. I would rather go to jail for something like [this],” he said. “That is something worth going to jail for.”

In wrapping up his brief presser on Thursday, the man called on Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot to help him with his legal case, also appealing to Chicago-area hip hop artists for assistance, including Common, Kanye West and Chance the Rapper.
he's a piece of shit

this show what a walking pile of shit he is along with what Cragor found:
"

In wrapping up his brief presser on Thursday, the man called on Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot to help him with his legal case, also appealing to Chicago-area hip hop artists for assistance, including Common, Kanye West and Chance the Rapper."

a complete limpid poser

Last edited:
What the eff is a Kids Lives Matter protest??
From what I've googled in the past 5 minutes, it seems to be a pretty worthy cause, organized and attended by black people.

I'm glad he believes in the cause, but killing his horse had literally nothing to do with furthering it! He's a narcissistic idiot who clearly doesn't know anything about horses.

Hopefully black kids take this and run with it. They need a better leader than this chump.

Hopefully black kids take this and run with it. They need a better leader than this chump.
Black kids take what and run with what? Hollingsworth was never any leader, just a chump distracting attention to himself.
Now people are saying WTH were people after, a horse is dying?!. Whatever the cause, it is now lost in a haze of animal abuse.

Sounds like the horse needs to be put down. It's too easy to prolong an animal's distress for a human statement. Prosecute that asshole but don't save a suffering horse with ruined feet.
it never can be ridden again but if it can stand & walk will be okay like that, coming winter will be worse for it but can heal, this was fked up & only reason I don't think it should be put down is there is reason to think it will be able to walk again we will see, would like to se it given a chance & this yob not allowed to own any animals again, that pic that popped up for Keeps is another pic of him screwing around with another horse of his, never would do that to a horse especially with show on, have once as a kid barefoot but had feet planted straight on an area where it could catch that weight [like 110]

it never can be ridden again but if it can stand & walk will be okay like that, coming winter will be worse for it but can heal, this was fked up & only reason I don't think it should be put down is there is reason to think it will be able to walk again we will see, would like to se it given a chance & this yob not allowed to own any animals again, that pic that popped up for Keeps is another pic of him screwing around with another horse of his, never would do that to a horse especially with show on, have once as a kid barefoot but had feet planted straight on an area where it could catch that weight [like 110]
Put the poor horse down!

Back