• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

SoUncool

With my all by myself...
St. George Stepfather to be Charged with Child Abuse (Utah)

Don't you fucking cock your head at me you shit head!

wtmh4.jpg

http://www.kcsg.com/news/local/25868294.html

Officers found a 4 month old infant not breathing around 8 o’clock Wednesday night. Officers started CPR until relieved by paramedics. The infant was transported to Dixie Regional Medical Center and then was life flighted to Primary Children’s Medical Center in Salt Lake City in critical condition. Later during the evening the infant was pronounced dead.

The infant’s stepfather, Gregory Todd Fullerton, was interviewed by detectives and then arrested and booked into Purgatory Jail. He was charged with second degree felony child abuse.

But, after doctors in Salt Lake examined the baby, authorities took the case to the Washington County Attorney's office, which plans on upgrading the charges against Fullerton homicide child abuse.

The baby killers are in in force lately....I hope Fullerton dies in Purgatory Jail, piece-of-shit.

Rest in peace sweet baby.

A hearing has been tentatively scheduled for November to determine if evidence collected during a St. George infant's autopsy is sufficient to continue planning a trial in a child abuse homicide case filed six years ago
[...]
Gregory Todd Fullerton, 36, was arrested on the first-degree felony charge, which could result in a life sentence if he is found guilty
[...]
Progress in the case has been slow, and former case Judge G. Rand Beacham, who retired in 2012, once described the development of evidence as "both glacial and tortuous."

Beacham's successor, Judge Jeffrey Wilcox, received the case in April and called a hearing Thursday to review its status.

"Gosh! This is 2008 case?" Wilcox asked defense attorney Gary Pendleton
[...]
"I don't want to hurry you, but I don't want it to drag out."
[...]
obtained permission from the court last year to seek a medical expert witness who could bolster the defense's arguments against the prosecution's medical expert findings, but who would be paid for by the state.

He received a report from his expert, a Minnesota medical examiner, last month and due to an oversight only shared the information with the prosecution Wednesday,
[...]
The prosecutor is out of town and was represented Thursday by Deputy County Attorney Rick Erickson, who asked Wilcox to set up a hearing on the report and Pendleton's efforts to challenge prosecution witnesses "as soon as possible" given the age of the case.

Wilcox scheduled a full-day hearing on one of two dates during the week before Thanksgiving, pending confirmation from the defense witness that she can appear in the St. George court at that time.
[..]
Fullerton posted bail two months later and since then has appeared in court at the average rate of about once a year as Pendleton has challenged medical experts to identify a specific, actionable allegation regarding the boy's cause of death.

Pendleton argues the coroner's finding that the boy died of "abusive head trauma" fails to prove what the cause of the head trauma was or even that a crime took place.
[...]
Deputy Chief Medical Examiner Edward Leis, based in Salt Lake City, has testified more than once during the development of the case that the boy could not have inflicted the severity of the injuries he experienced on himself through a casual accident, such as a fall from a bed the boy reportedly had days before his death.

Leis said the injuries would be more comparable to a child falling from the height of a few stories, being in an automobile accident or pulling a heavy object over on top of himself — something that the 4-month-old couldn't do.

"The hypothesis which Dr. Leis offered … is completely untested,"
[...]
stated in his motion to preclude or limit the testimony last year.

Leis has also testified abusive head trauma has become the term accepted in professional medical circles for the examination of injuries that were formerly identified as the result of "shaken baby syndrome."

The terminology changed to focus on the physical condition rather than attempting to define a limited potential cause of the condition
[...]
Beacham found the abusive head trauma explanation to be sufficient reason for proceeding to trial based on Fullerton's alleged admission that he flipped the infant around on a bed and pressed on his back to stop him from crying, until he heard a "snap."

Fullerton reportedly told police investigators about the incident, but Pendleton has argued Fullerton's statements were made under pressure following misleading and grooming statements by the investigators and were improperly interpreted by Leis as a confession Fullerton didn't intend and doesn't admit to.
http://www.thespectrum.com/story/ne...aring-set-child-abuse-homicide-case/13447009/

Beacham found the abusive head trauma explanation to be sufficient reason for proceeding to trial based on Fullerton's alleged admission that he flipped the infant around on a bed and pressed on his back to stop him from crying, until he heard a "snap."

He already admitted to being the predicate cause of the child's fatal injury. WTF is causing this case to drag out so long?

New hearing set in old child abuse homicide case
[..]
5th District Court judge has scheduled a Jan. 16 evidentiary hearing in a child abuse homicide case to get proceedings “off center” and moving nearly six and a half years after the charge was filed.
[...]
4-month-old victim would be approaching his 7th birthday if he were still alive, and the court case is the oldest criminal prosecution still awaiting a trial
[....]
Gregory Todd Fullerton, 37, a local man, is accused of causing the death of the baby while trying to stop the infant from crying during an incident July 23, 2008. He could face up to life in prison if he is found guilty by a jury
[...]
Defense attorney Gary Pendleton has steadfastly challenged testimony Utah Deputy Chief Medical Examiner Edwin Leis gave at a November 2009 hearing, and twice since then, that the infant died after suffering “abusive head trauma,” a term preferred by Leis as more appropriate than the traditional “shaken baby syndrome.”
[....]
the term abusive head trauma has been used by forensic experts for more than a decade because it does not limit itself to a physical shaking action as a cause of brain injury, but instead describes injury as a result of the rapid acceleration and deceleration, or rotation, of a young child’s head, regardless of the force causing the motion.

Leis described the physical damage that occurred inside the victim’s head, ascribing it to a force similar to a car accident or a drop from a great height rather than a simple fall. No history of a severe accident was reported by the infant’s mother, Fullerton’s fiancee at the time.
[...]
argues abusive head trauma is not a scientifically tested or court-recognized medical diagnosis, and asked Judge Jeffrey Wilcox for an opportunity to again call the Salt Lake City-based Leis to St. George in order to determine whether the abusive head trauma diagnosis is a reliable method of finding the victim’s injuries may not have been the result of an accident.

“He might as well have testified that monkeys can fly. There’s just nothing to back that up,” Pendleton said
[...]
“There is absolutely no evidence of trauma to this child (on the outside of his body). ... There is nothing in the medical literature, there’s no peer-review studies on this issue (of abusive head trauma).”

Wilcox agreed to recall Leis after a hearing last week, acknowledging that a diagnosis of shaken baby syndrome has passed the court’s muster in numerous instances despite the disagreement of some opponents, but as far as the term abusive head trauma, “I don’t think there’s sufficient evidence for me to make a ruling simply based on … prior arguments
[...]
Deputy County Attorney Ryan Shaum had opposed Pendleton’s motion, telling the court Leis is likely to provide the same information that has comprised his testimony at three previous hearings.

“The idea that abusive head trauma is not a medical diagnosis – there are cases across the country where this is tried and abusive head trauma is used as the diagnosis. That is common,”
[...]
Shaum also opposed delaying the new hearing until April, which Pendleton requested so he could also bring a medical expert from Minnesota to challenge Leis’ testimony.
[..]
expert has been called to testify in court cases around the country because she is among a minority of people who defend an alternative theory, and the local case should not be delayed for months until she is available to be flown to Utah at the expense of taxpayers
[...]
“At this point, the medical community understands that there are multiple types of specific acts that may cause a child to receive those types of injuries. Mr. Pendleton wants the state to actually prove what specific act the defendant did that caused these injuries. That’s absolutely ridiculous,”
[...]
“That’s like saying we’ve got to prove in a case where … some adult died from a blunt force trauma injury to the head … (that) it was a rock, or a baseball bat, or a club, or what, to be able to prove that this person died of blunt force trauma,”
[...]
“That’s what he’s trying to say, we have to prove the mechanism is a specific act. That’s baloney. There’s no precedent for that whatsoever. … You can’t take a little child and press on his back or flip-flop him just to see how much injury it’s going to cause.”
[...]
Police report indicated Fullerton told detectives he had tried to quiet the crying baby by grabbing him by an arm, flipping him from side to side on a bed and pressing on his back until Fullerton heard a snap and the boy stopped crying.

Pendleton has argued Fullerton’s statements during the investigation were made under pressure and were not specific admissions of shaking the baby violently but were instead inappropriately interpreted by detectives to that end.

“What caused (the injuries) specifically, I don’t know,” Leis said
[...]
“(But) a child is incapable of inflicting these types of injury upon itself.”
http://www.thespectrum.com/story/ne...g-set-old-child-abuse-homicide-case/19641649/

What is up with that micheal jackson pic at the top of the page or look alike? i clicked on the link and the guy is white.

What is up with that micheal jackson pic at the top of the page or look alike? i clicked on the link and the guy is white.
in some of the older threads tiny pic takes original pic that was posted and replaces them with random pics
mine are normally replaced with tranny pics lol

I thought it was the guy in the story, trying to look like Justin Timberlake!

It gives me an uneasy feeling that the case is so old.. like he might end up getting away with it.

I have questions for that 'mother' as well. So four months after you give birth to one man's baby, you're engaged to someone else? That you then leave that precious baby with? How about taking some fucking time out from trying to find a new penis to figure out why you make shitty decisions when it comes to picking men? Aarrghh.

These replacement “Daddys” are always immature, usually unemployed, with no redeeming qualities at all, yet these women stay with them anyway. My point being, when they're asked to baby-sit, why don't they just say NO?! It's not like that's gonna make her realize how stupid and desperate she is to be with you in the first place. She'll still continue to invite you to the muffin shop, you won't have to waste your Xbox time babysitting, and the child survives. Everybody wins!

Nothing unusual in the natural world for the new male or pack alpha to destroy his predecessors prepubescent young.

Omg! Look at his little fuzzy head!! God damnit, someone better spend a lifetime in jail over snapping that babys fucking spine!

Back