• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Dakota

FORUM BITCH / Beloved Cunt
Bold Member!
2ag2g01.jpg

Philip Gattuso with his daughter, 3-year-old Kennedy.

Philip Gattuso was a Fargo dentist whose wife had died last spring after living for 18 months with an artificial heart. When Gattuso did not pick up their 3-year-old daughter from daycare last week, a friend discovered Gattuso murdered in his condo.

On Sunday, some shithead in Oklahoma City was arrested for the murder. Gattuso once worked there and his wife was from there.

11hvrip.jpg
ea182x.jpg

Michael Allen Nakvinda and the missing Porsche
Technology, public tips and good police work led to the arrest Saturday of an Oklahoma City man in the death of a Fargo dentist who once had a practice there, police say.

The man, 41-year-old Michael Allen Nakvinda, is in an Oklahoma City jail. He may face a number of charges in Philip Gattuso’s death, Fargo police said at a Saturday night news conference.

Gattuso’s brother, Roy, said the arrest “provides some sort of closureâ€￾ to the family.

Philip Gattuso, 49, was found dead in his condo at on Monday night after he didn’t pick up his 3-year-old daughter, Kennedy, at day care. The home was ransacked, and his Porsche was gone.
[...]

Witnesses in Fargo saw an extended-cab mid- to late-1990s GMC or Chevrolet pickup, dark-colored or black with tinted windows, pulling the car away from the area on Monday morning on a flatbed trailer with straps to hold the vehicle.

One tipster told police Wednesday that a pickup pulling a trailer with a car, covered by a tarp, was at a rest area about two miles south of the North Dakota/South Dakota border.

Fargo police said Saturday that video from a surveillance camera at the rest area showed an Oklahoma license plate on the trailer.
[...]

Claus said Nakvinda has an extensive criminal history, which includes felonies dating back into the 1980s.

According to the Oklahoma City Oklahoman newspaper, Nakvinda was among several members of an organized gang that were convicted for a rash of brutal 1993 home invasions.
[...]

Nakvinda pleaded guilty to numerous robbery charges and received a 10-year prison term for his role in the home invasions.
[...]
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/258209/

If he hadn't taken the car, they probably could never have tracked him. It was all over the news that they were looking for a Porsche Boxster being hauled by a pickup truck.

The question "Why?" remained. It seemed odd that someone would break into a home and kill someone just to steal their car.

Today's news brought another piece of the puzzle:

ziu9fm.jpg

Philip Gattuso’s father-in-law was arrested in Oklahoma Monday night, suspected of conspiring to kill his son-in-law in a reported murder-for-hire.

Fargo police wouldn’t comment Monday night on the connection between Gattuso’s dead wife’s father, 63-year-old Gene Carl Kirkpatrick, and the man charged with murder, Michael Allen Nakvinda.

But relatives of both Gattuso and the man charged with killing him said Monday that Gattuso’s in-laws know Nakvinda and are trying to get custody of Gattuso’s 3-year-old daughter after Gattuso’s wife, Valerie, died in March.

An Oklahoma City TV station, News 9, reported on Monday night that authorities there said Kirkpatrick wanted Gattuso dead because he didn’t like the way Gattuso was raising his 3-year-old daughter, Kennedy, and paid Nakvinda $3,000 to kill the 49-year-old Fargo dentist.

The Kirkpatrick family is still in custody of Kennedy and has taken court action to try to keep her, said Roy Gattuso, Philip’s brother.

“I don’t know how much sadder this situation could be,â€￾ said Roy Gattuso, who fears Kennedy is in danger.

Fargo police Lt. Pat Claus wouldn’t say if Kirkpatrick hired Nakvinda or discuss the motive for his suspected involvement in the bloody slaying of Gattuso, who died of a head injury after he was beat multiple times with a hammer.
[...]

Nakvinda’s brother-in-law, James Funderburgh, told The Forum that Nakvinda worked as a handyman in Oklahoma City and did jobs for Kirkpatrick and his wife Sharon, parents of Valerie, who died after living on an artificial heart for 18 months.
[...]

Roy Gattuso said that the Kirkpatrick family wanted his brother to give up full custody of Kennedy after his wife’s death and in the seven months since Valerie died have visited Gattuso in Fargo seven times.

Gattuso’s friends in the Fargo area were immediately suspicious of his in-laws, Roy Gattuso said, but he never suspected “anything of such a horrifying nature.â€￾
[...]

Roy Gattuso said the Kirkpatricks “never wanted Val out of their houseâ€￾ and made it difficult for his brother to visit her in Oklahoma City as she was dying.

“They have given my brother the hardest time anyone would want to have to undergo while their wife was in the hospital,â€￾ he said. “The stories are endless.â€￾

Roy said he’s aware of child abuse allegations the Kirkpatricks made against his brother, which he said were baseless and drove Philip Gattuso to seek psychiatric counseling.

James Funderburgh, who has been married to Nakvinda’s sister, Linna, for 23 years, said family members are “devastatedâ€￾ and in disbelief of the accusations against Nakvinda because “he’s not a violent guy.â€￾
[...]

Funderburgh said his brother-in-law is naïve and easily persuaded, and if he is responsible for Gattuso’s death, he didn’t act alone,
[...]

Funderburgh acknowledged that Nakvinda has an extensive criminal past, which includes a 10-year prison sentenced for his role in a rash of brutal home invasions in 1993.

“He was basically just a soldier in that (case),â€￾ Funderburgh said.
[...]
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/257800/

A bit of background on why she was in Oklahoma when she died:
On Aug. 10, 2007, she underwent heart surgery to repair her mitral valve. Three days later, she was transferred to a Twin Cities hospital for post-surgery complications.

Her health continued to deteriorate as she lived on an artificial heart, said her friend, Molly Volkerding
[...]

Valerie eventually was moved to Oklahoma City to be near her family. Philip sold his Fargo practice so he could be closer to her, but under a contract with the new buyer he had to stay on for six months to treat his patients, so he commuted, his brother said.

Valerie died March 30, during that six-month period.

“That just was so hard on him, on all of us,â€￾ Molly Volkerding said. “But he immediately became the father and did everything for Kennedy.â€￾
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/257800/

How sad. That poor gilr...to lose her mother and then have her father killed like that. And now the grandparents won't be getting her at all, I hope they find a loving home to place her in...sh'es going to need it.

How sad. That poor gilr...to lose her mother and then have her father killed like that. And now the grandparents won't be getting her at all, I hope they find a loving home to place her in...sh'es going to need it.
She's now with her aunt (mom's side) who she has had a close relationship with. It's gotta be tough with grandpa on that side now charged.

Gattuso had custody of Kennedy

After being called by a neighbor who discovered Gattuso’s body when he did not pick up his 3-year-old daughter from day care on Monday, officers found him dead after arriving at 7:47 p.m.

Gattuso’s condo was in disarray, with drawers opened and furniture overturned. Police Chief Keith Ternes said it appears someone was searching for something in the home.
http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/138960/group/Local News/
And from everything I have read, investigators have still NOT found the Porsche.......

My thoughts and prayers are with Kennedy, poor child, so much to bear.

Now, I have read where the investigators found the Porsche at a storage unit yesterday! In Oklahoma!
"We went there actually found the Porsche as well as other items we believe stolen from Dr. Gattuso's house inside the Porsche," Brown said.

Court documents suggest those other items were various electronic equipment. The car is now being processed for evidence.

"We look for any evidence the suspect may have left behind that would link him to that actual murder. It could be blood, could be finger prints, could be any type of biological evidence as well as physical evidence," Brown said.
http://www.kfgo.com/news_Detail.php?ID=9594

People do crap like this for their own gratification not in the best interest of the child
If the father had been mistreating the child it would be deferent. These assholes lost their child so they wanted the granddaughter as a replacement, to fill a self-centered emptiness. What assholes, destroyed everyone to steal the love of a child, including the child they didn't love but where obsessed with. I hate assholes that destroy everything good they can't have.
I'm probably rambling, this has me really pissed off

Philip Gattuso’s family is asking authorities in North Dakota to take custody of the slain Fargo dentist’s 3-year-old daughter, worried to have her staying with an aunt whose father has been charged in Gattuso's death.

Philip’s brother, Roy Gattuso, said they are frightened that the girl, Kennedy Gattuso, is still with Regan Williams, sister of Gattuso’s late wife, Valerie.

Gene Kirkpatrick, Regan and Valerie’s father, was charged Tuesday in Fargo with conspiring to murder Gattuso, hiring a hitman to kill the 49-year-old dentist.

In Oklahoma, Williams is seeking emergency custody of Kennedy, Roy Gattuso said, though he hasn’t been able to obtain court records detailing the petition. The legal move requires arguing that there are special circumstances that warrant it, he said.
[...]

Fortune said figuring out which of two vying family members gets custody of an orphaned child is likely to hinge on which residence is thought to be better for the child, a balancing act that relies heavily on the child’s comfort in a home and existing relationships.
[...]

In a case like Kennedy Gattuso’s, where a member of one side of the family is facing criminal allegations, it would need to be clear there’s little connection between the accused and the guardian, Fortune said.

Whatever happens might be difficult to assess, said McLean. Custody cases are not open to the public.

“We may not know a lot about it moving forward,” he said. “My guess is they’d be done very quietly.”
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/258570/

It makes me ill to think that Gattuso was murdered and what the grandfather wanted to happen does... his family gets custody of the little girl.

That being said, the aunt seemed to be the best choice and other than the arrest of her father, little else has changed. Hopefully, she knew nothing about it and condemns him for it.

Gene Kirkpatrick wants to fight extradition

Michael Nakvinda, however, says he isn't going to fight it.

http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=11437017

An Oklahoma City man confessed to hiring a handyman to kill his son-in-law in North Dakota, police reported Tuesday. He also admitted videotaping the son-in-law’s condominium as part of the plan.

Gene Kirkpatrick said he told the handyman he wanted his son-in-law "gone or dead and had felt this way for quite a while,” police reported.

http://www.newsok.com/okc-man-admit...3?custom_click=lead_story_photo#ixzz0VuABhvOh

Last edited:
That being said, the aunt seemed to be the best choice and other than the arrest of her father, little else has changed. Hopefully, she knew nothing about it and condemns him for it.

The aunt probably is the best choice but I just don't think that anyone in the mother's family should have custody of her. Probably in the grandfather's mind it is worth it to be in jail for the rest of his life as long as someone in his family has the child in their custody.

The aunt probably is the best choice but I just don't think that anyone in the mother's family should have custody of her. Probably in the grandfather's mind it is worth it to be in jail for the rest of his life as long as someone in his family has the child in their custody.

I agree with this.

Is giving the child to this side of the family rewarding this piece of trash for hiring a hit-man to murder his granddaughter's only living parent?

I have to remind myself that this isn't about him, it's about Kennedy and what is best for her.

I find myself wondering how much Kennedy's grandmother knew about the situation or if she thought her husband was capable of this kind of thing.

Pure. Evil.

Micheal Nakvinda on trial:
The two Oklahoma City-area men authorities have blamed in the bloody beating death of a Fargo dentist last fall are turning on each other.

Michael Allen Nakvinda, a carpenter police accuse of killing Philip Gattuso in his south Fargo home with multiple hammer blows to the head, plans to testify in his own trial that Gene Carl Kirkpatrick has set him up to take the fall.

“In the end, he got framed. He got framed for a murder he didn’t commit,” said Nakvinda’s defense attorney, Steve Mottinger.

Kirkpatrick, who faces a murder conspiracy charge for allegedly paying Nakvinda to off his former son-in-law, will also take the stand in Nakvinda’s trial, and he’ll insist he didn’t pay his handyman to kill Gattuso and orphan his 4-year-old granddaughter.

The voluntary testimony from the grandfather will be for the state, though the same state’s attorneys have not given him any deal, will not drop the charges he faces and still plan to prosecute him this spring.

“Those offenses are not going away,” said Mark Boening, an assistant Cass County state’s attorney.
[...]

Mottinger sketched an alternative explanation for the evidence appearing to implicate Nakvinda: It was there because Kirkpatrick had a “carefully planned scheme to exact revenge.”

In addition to wanting to have custody of Kennedy, Kirkpatrick and his family were enraged that Gattuso wouldn’t sign off on an out-of-country stem-cell treatment for Valerie, he said.

Mottinger also said he’ll introduce as evidence of the family’s intentions an e-mail sent by Regan Williams, Gene Kirkpatrick’s other daughter, to her own attorney – a message she later showed her father. In that e-mail, Williams asks what would happen if they had Gattuso killed, he said.

Williams added in the e-mail, “Ha, ha, just kidding,” Mottinger said.

Before Valerie Gattuso’s death, the Kirkpatrick clan also hired a North Dakota investigator to try to dig up dirt on the dentist to use in an eventual custody case, Mottinger said.

After Philip Gattuso was killed, there was a custody battle over Kennedy waged by Williams and Philip’s brother, Roy Gattuso. Prior to the case going to trial, Williams withdrew, and the girl is with the Gattusos.

Mottinger said precisely how Nakvinda was framed will be impossible to show.

“Only Gene Kirkpatrick knows what happened,” he said.

However, Nakvinda will tell the jury what he knows happened, his lawyer said. He will claim Kirkpatrick had asked him to pick up a car up north and told him to go to a rest stop along Interstate 29 by Wahpeton, N.D., to await instructions on a citizens band radio.

He then got a CB radio message to come to a home in Wahpeton to spend the night, and the next day he woke up to find the trailer had a vehicle on it. So he drove back to Oklahoma as planned. He tried to drop the car at the Kirkpatricks’ house, but there was a sign out front that said they’d gone to North Dakota for a family emergency.

Nakvinda had never been in Fargo and was “flabbergasted” when he was arrested, Mottinger said.

Mottinger also noted that neither the DNA nor the fingerprints of Nakvinda were found at the crime scene, though there was an extensive investigation.

Minutes before, in the state’s opening statement, Boening had addressed the newly seated jury about the lack of physical evidence. He said there was enough other proof to make forensics unnecessary.

“That would be useful, but we can’t fabricate evidence,” he said.

In addition to detailing the string of circumstantial evidence that gave police cause to arrest Nakvinda, including witness accounts and video surveillance, the prosecution in its opening statement revealed several previously unpublicized pieces of the state’s case.

A hammer discovered in the stolen Porsche found in an Oklahoma City storage unit rented by Nakvinda had Gattuso’s blood and hair on it, Boening said.
[...]

“It’s not the hammer that’s on trial. They need to prove it was Mike behind the hammer,” he said.

The state also identified the secret witness whose discovery delayed the trial from its initial start date in August: Debbie Baker.

Baker was a friend of both Kirkpatrick and Nakvinda and had also hired the handyman to do work for her, Boening said. In early October 2009, weeks before Gattuso was killed, Baker claims Nakvinda told her he’d use a hammer to handle Kirkpatrick’s problem with Gattuso.

Boening said the scene of the beating was so bloody it was hard to tell what had happened, and some investigators at first thought Gattuso had been shot. The dentist most likely took hours to die, he said.
[...]
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/300186/

My dad used to own the condo that Philip Gattuso lived in. A previous apartment that my dad lived in had a death occur too. That's neither here-nor-there... just a weird thing. I'm just not going to live anywhere my dad used to live. Bad ju-ju.

I just don't think that anyone in the mother's family should have custody of her.

I agree with this. Is the little girl going to be told that her granfather is a hero who sacrificed his freedom to make sure she would be "safe and brought up right"? The woman raising her is the bastard's daughter, she's hardly a disinterested person. Makes me sick that this man's plan has actually worked, and there's no dad around to tell his side. Wanna bet they try to cut her off from dad's family? Bastards.

I agree with this. Is the little girl going to be told that her granfather is a hero who sacrificed his freedom to make sure she would be "safe and brought up right"? The woman raising her is the bastard's daughter, she's hardly a disinterested person. Makes me sick that this man's plan has actually worked, and there's no dad around to tell his side. Wanna bet they try to cut her off from dad's family? Bastards.
The girl lives with her uncle on the father's side. From article above:
After Philip Gattuso was killed, there was a custody battle over Kennedy waged by Williams and Philip’s brother, Roy Gattuso. Prior to the case going to trial, Williams withdrew, and the girl is with the Gattusos.

Nakvinda;s trial is ongoing. The "grandfather" that hired the hitman testified. Gene Kirkpatrick is a real work of art.
[...]
It’s been publicly known for more than a year that police think Kirkpatrick’s motive was to gain custody of the lone daughter Philip and Valerie Gattuso had, who was then a 3-year-old. After and before Valerie died in March 2009, Philip resisted the Kirkpatricks’ desire to raise the girl in Oklahoma.

Before the interview with police turned tense, he had spoken at length about the issues he had with Gattuso. He said his two adult sons from a prior marriage were “disasters,” in part due to one being gay and the other having too little ambition.

He characterized Gattuso as an “oddball” incapable of nurturing children or pets.

“If you give him a cat to play with, he doesn’t know what to do with it,” he said.

Kirkpatrick said he saw Valerie Gattuso typing a letter given to Philip after her funeral in which she asks him to give her family custody of their daughter.

Above all, he didn’t like how Gattuso reacted when Valerie suffered potentially lethal complications after a heart surgery. While his in-laws were whole-heartedly in favor of doing whatever it took to try to prolong her life, Gattuso “hemmed and hawed” about whether to OK the procedures, he said.

“I’d never seen that side of him,” Kirkpatrick said. “He was weak, is what I think. He wanted out of it.”
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/300339/
Minutes after admitting he had paid his handyman to kill his granddaughter’s father, leaving the 3-year-old with no parents, Gene Kirkpatrick gave police his reasoning as an equation.

“I just felt like he was going to ruin her life,” he said of Kennedy Gattuso and her father, Philip Gattuso. “I thought her future welfare was more valuable than his life.”

Jurors in the trial for the man Kirkpatrick allegedly hired, Michael Nakvinda, on Thursday finished hearing the 2½-hour interview of Kirkpatrick conducted five days after the Fargo dentist was beaten to death with a hammer last fall.

What began as a diatribe about Gattuso – including complaints about his nurturing abilities and how his adult sons were raised – became what Kirkpatrick considered a confession.

“Am I going to jail right away?” he asked toward the end of the interrogation in Jones, Okla., by Fargo police Detective Paul Lies and an agent with Oklahoma’s state crime agency.

“It scares me,” he said.

“What scares you?” Lies asked Kirkpatrick.

“The consequences,” he said.
[...]

In a rambling statement to police, Kirkpatrick said he gave Nakvinda $3,000 to cover expenses, but he told him to wait for his say-so before doing anything. He also didn’t think Nakvinda would be doing the killing, as the ex-convict told him a third party would do it.

His insistence softened as the interview wore on.

“I guess I gave him the green light,” he said, later adding, “Everything was his suggestion, but I was right there with him.”

He repeatedly told police how awful he was for considering the plot, referring to himself as a murderer, a “horrible person” deserving “nothing but death and hell” for what he did to try to get custody of Kennedy.

“She’s going to say, ‘My grandfather killed my daddy,’ ” he said.
[...]
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/300424/

Nakvinda down. Kirkpatrick to go.
A jury has found Michael Nakvinda guilty of killing Fargo dentist Philip Gattuso.
[...]

He could face a lifetime prison term with no chance for parole when sentenced at a later date, tentatively scheduled for Jan. 28.

Roy Gattuso, the brother of Philip, pumped his fist and mouthed the words “thank you” as the court clerk read the first verdict, the murder conviction.

As he did throughout the trial, Nakvinda showed no emotion, appearing to stare straight ahead as he heard he’d been found guilty in the bloody beating on Oct. 26, 2009.
[...]

Charged in Cass County with conspiracy to commit murder, Kirkpatrick is set to stand trial in March.
[...]

Burdick declined to talk about how Kirkpatrick’s testimony might affect his case, other than saying it will be studied by prosecutors with keen interest.

“We will certainly have available to us every word he uttered in this trial, and we’ll review it closely,” he said.
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/301273/

"grandpa" Gene Kirkpatrick has been found GUILTY (it's not online yet, will post a link when it is)
Jurors began deliberating today at about noon, following a morning of closing arguments in the Gene Kirkpatrick murder conspiracy trial.

Cass County State’s Attorney Birch Burdick drew the jury’s attention back to the interview Kirkpatrick gave police five days after Philip Gattuso was bloodily beaten to death with a hammer on Oct. 26, 2009.

In that interview, the 64-year-old from Jones, Okla., said he paid his handyman Michael Nakvinda $3,000 in connection with a murder-for-hire they had discussed to get rid of Gattuso, who’d been married to the daughter of Kirkpatrick before she died in March 2009. He also said he taped a video of Gattuso’s home at the request of Nakvinda.

That corroborates allegations that Kirkpatrick and Nakvinda had reached at least an implied agreement, the prosecutor argued.

“Actions speak louder than words,” Burdick said.

Defense attorney Mack Martin pointed to 26 times he counted up in the Halloween night questioning in which Kirkpatrick denied having told Nakvinda to go ahead with plans the defense claims were merely the venting of a grieving father and grandfather.

“They never put their case together, and there’s 26 reasons why,” he said.

Nakvinda was convicted of murdering Gattuso in a jury trial in December.
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/328556/

11072818.jpg
Marking the second conviction linked to the 2009 murder of Fargo dentist Philip Gattuso, Cass County jurors ruled Gene Kirkpatrick is guilty of conspiring to murder his former son-in-law, a verdict handed down at 4:31 p.m.

Jurors also found the 64-year-old from Jones, Okla., guilty on a less serious charge of conspiring in the burglary of Gattuso’s home.

Kirkpatrick was accused of hatching a murder-for-hire with his handyman – Michael Nakvinda, already convicted of the murder in an earlier trial – in order to secure custody of a 3-year-old daughter Gattuso had with Valerie, his late wife and the younger of Kirkpatrick’s two daughters. He told cops he was unsettled by the parenting skills of the dentist and “her future welfare was more valuable than his life.â€￾
[...]
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/328586/

An Oklahoma man convicted in July of conspiring in a murder-for-hire plot to kill his son-in-law, Fargo dentist Philip Gattuso, received life without parole during a sentencing hearing this morning.
[...]

Kirkpatrick’s wife and daughter testified in his support, and Judge Steven Marquart said he also received more than 40 letters from Kirkpatrick’s family and friends attesting to his good character. However, Marquart said he, like the jury that convicted Kirkpatrick, wasn’t swayed by the testimony.

“Your friends and your family do not know the dark side of you,” he said.

Kirkpatrick swallowed and bowed his head but showed no emotion after Marquart pronounced the life sentence. Kirkpatrick turned around and nodded to his wife and daughter sitting behind him before he was escorted out of the courtroom without speaking.

Kirkpatrick’s wife, Sharon, told reporters after the sentencing that her husband was innocent and that the Gattuso family had lied throughout the case.

“Philip was not a sterling angel. If there was ever a prince of darkness, that man was,” she said.(of the victim of her husbands delusions)
[...]

He said the last couple of years “have been a total nightmare” for Gattuso family members as they dealt with Philip’s death and fought the Kirkpatricks for custody of Philip’s daughter, Kennedy, now 5 years old and in the custody of Roy Gattuso and his daughter in Louisiana.
[...]
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/336751/

A funny thought struck me while I was reading this thread. So many times I see stories of children who were abused and eventually killed by a parent and the comments usually have something to do with "where was the family" "why didn't family step in" "I would kill someone before I let them hurt my child/grandchild/sister/etc"

This guy did believe his grandaughter was being hurt and abused, so he did what he thought was necessary to protect her. I'm not condoning or excusing his actions...it's just ironic to me that this guy did what so many people on this site claim they would do in this situation but yet everyone is saying what a bad guy he is....I guess sometimes you're just damned if you and and damned if you don't.

Also, how do we know the lil girl wasn't being abused? Her father may have been a monster and not the poor victim he's being portrayed as.

He wasn't claiming that the child was being abused. he didn't like the way the child was being raised. He felt Gattuso's raising of his older kids resulted in one being GAY :eek: and one having too little ambition. He didn't want the same fate for his granddaughter. He was a selfish old coot in a family of crazies.

This is local to me - so local that the murder happened in the condo my dad used to live in (Dad sold it to Philip Gattuso). While we don't know them, I have followed this closely. We don't get a lot of murders around here so that is about the only news going on when the murder, custody battle, and trials happened LOL

He wasn't claiming that the child was being abused. he didn't like the way the child was being raised. He felt Gattuso's raising of his older kids resulted in one being GAY :eek: and one having too little ambition. He didn't want the same fate for his granddaughter. He was a selfish old coot in a family of crazies.

This is local to me - so local that the murder happened in the condo my dad used to live in (Dad sold it to Philip Gattuso). While we don't know them, I have followed this closely. We don't get a lot of murders around here so that is about the only news going on when the murder, custody battle, and trials happened LOL

I don't know much about the case, I was just going by this part of the article...

Roy said he’s aware of child abuse allegations the Kirkpatricks made against his brother, which he said were baseless and drove Philip Gattuso to seek psychiatric counseling.

I don't know much about the case, I was just going by this part of the article...
Much craziness was revealed around the custody battle after the murder. I don't recall all of it but it mostly drove back to how the Kirkpatricks felt Gattuso treated his wife while she was dying. No mention of abuse, just that they didn't like the victim's parenting style. Lots of mention of how awful he was to his wife. They were bent on revenge more than anything... including the little girl's welfare. Gattuso didn't do anything wrong so much as not doing things the way the Kirkpatrcks wanted it done. The Kirkpatrick family eventually withdrew from the custody battle.

I fucking HATE the Kirkpatricks. They sound like they think their shit doesn't stink. And he seems like he thought he'd get away with it, cuz we're just all backwards and rinkydink here in ND. We may not have a lot of crime, but when we do, we get it solved. There aren't a whole lot of unsolved murders here!

Back